“Pay no attention to the nay sayers!”

Tropical Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We went over to Siesta Key week. I was hesitant of the mixed reviews I'd read about Tropical Breeze but gave it a chance anyway.
As soon as we saw the grounds and then hit our room I thought "What are these people complaining about ?"
Beautiful grounds.
Clean up to date room.
WiFi internet & cable tv.
One block from the white powdery sand beach.
One block from Siesta Village w/ plenty of restaurants and touristy shops ( I live directly across the state on the ocean so am not interested in touristy shops).
Less than 10min to downtown Sarasota yet seemingly out-of-the-way.
More than reasonable price (btw- we arrived prior to check-in time so room wasn't ready- they switched and upgraded our room at no extra charge) What's the problem? None.
I would recommend this place to anyone.
And in case you're wanting a little "adventure"- Venice is about 15mi south and has some great sharks tooth hunting- we got upwards of 150 and some interesting fossil fragments too.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 20 June 2010

The location is great because it is an easy walk to the beach and the village. They provide beach towels, an umbrella, and lounge chairs for the beach at no extra charge. We had a problem with the a/c in our standard room and the friendly front desk staff upgraded us to a one bedroom efficiency which was beautiful. Both rooms were clean. I would recommend staying here.

1  Thank GeoladyAZ
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Someone else already said this, but the pictures of the rooms that are on the website are not what you get! We had the large one bedroom suite, upstairs, half block from the beach. The room was presentable when you first walked in, then you started to "notice" things. We got this room because it had a kitchen. The left side of the stove was about two inches lower than the right so it was very hard to cook anything. The handle on the coffee pot was broken and you could not pick it up once it was filled with coffee. The microwave had a short, and the only way you could use it was to hold the cord at a certain position while you heated anything. If you let the cord go, it would shut off. The living area and bedroom had ceiling fans, but neither worked. When we called the front desk, we were told they are not hooked up because the room is in the process of being renovated??? Then why am I staying in this room?? The mini blind in the bedroom was three inches shorter than the window, so you got bright sunlight in your eyes at 7am. And don't stay here if you have small children!! There is not a regulator on the hot water. It comes out scalding hot. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen! $325 for two nights stay was not worth it!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank onbroadway
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Ignore anything you read about this place ... our review is honest and unsolicited. It is based on our experience this week!

My husband and I recently visited Tropical Breeze Resort for a two-day getaway. We were traveling with our cat so we had to be careful where we stayed. Many hotels in Siesta Key are pet-friendly, however, none as pet-friendly as Tropical Breeze. Cats are not commonly taken on a two-day getaway and most hotels are not equipped to handle a cat. Anyway, upon arrival, we entered the Front Desk area. The Clerk at the desk was so friendly and welcoming to us and our cat. She pet the cat to welcome her. After we checked in and drove to our One-Bedroom Suite (always ask for the Wiesner units), we noticed that the screen on the Lanai had a small tear in it near the bottom on the door. We were concerned because the cat could easily slip through the tear. We also noticed that we did not have towels. We did not want housekeeping services as not to freak out the cat.

I called the Front Desk and mentioned the screen and towel situation. WITHIN MINUTES, the screen was replaced and the towels appeared on our Lanai table. When we thanked the Clerk, she noted that our reservation mentioned "cat in room" so she knew the priority of her safety and had the maintenance person stop everything to take care of the screen door.

The Staff:

So friendly ... and happy to welcome your pet. Check-in was a breeze. They serve coffee and continental breakfast every day in the Lobby. They greet every guest with a Good Day every time you enter the Lobby. The 10-second rule applies. Within 10 seconds, a guest is greeted!

Every time the Housekeeping or Maintenance staff walked or drove past our Lanai, we were greeted and asked if we needed anything.
The Room:

Let's just say ... you could move in today. It's tile and granite everywhere. Upgraded faucets and fixtures. Upgraded linens and towels. In fact, the towels were so thick and soft, it reminded me of our recent stay at the Loews South Beach. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything one would need including wine glasses that matched, silverware, plates and all other things needed. We used only glasses but everything was available for use.

The Bathroom:

Clean as clean can be. Fully tiled with tumbled stone in soft earthy colors and textures. It was almost spa-like.

The Bedroom:

Soft earthy tones to match the rest of the unit. Rick satiny bedspread, soft white cotton blanket and very soft and clean sheets. Pillows were like clouds.

Living Room/Dining Room:

Very large and comfortable. We were able to place the cat's food in one area and litter box in the other and there was plenty of room left. A full dining table with four large chairs in a tropical design. Ceiling fans everywhere.

Oh, and the coldest air conditioner too!

Location:

Steps from the Gulf! It gave us a reason to walk off all of the oysters we ate at SKOB. Sunsets at the beach were fabulous. Parking is located right outside the door but you won't need to worry about that because the best places are in walking distance.

SKOB - Siesta Key Oyster Bar is the best. Never, ever have we eaten at the same place on two occasions on vacation ... at this place, you will! Fried oysters are the best I have ever eaten! Between 3-6, raw oysters are $6.00 a dozen! The bartenders are very generous with the free-bee drinks too, ha ha!

I would recommend Tropical Breeze to anyone. I am looking forward to returning before summer ends!

Reviewed 28 May 2010

Recently visited Tropical Breeze Resort and had a wonderful time. Basically just wanted to write this review because I read many negative reviews that worried me before I visited this resort. I wanted to give the resort and their staff a thumbs up. The location is wonderful, the rooms were very clean and updated nicely, and the staff was always friendly and very helpful. All requests we made were fulfilled each day. We visited this resort back in 2002 and loved it then. We returned to a much better Tropical Breeze this year and were so pleased. If you are looking for luxury in a high rise resort this is not right for you, however this is what a true florida family vacation is all about. We can't wait to return in a few years.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bkasher
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I was badly fooled. The web site makes this place look great but when I got there things change. My first problem with my room it was right next to the laundry room. I think my water heater was hooked up with the laundry because when taking a shower you could not adjust the temperature and would go hot and cold randomly. I would walk out the back door to the patio area and there would be dirty towel piled up my table or the staff would use it for a break table smoking cigarettes. Don't know if I would have wanted to use the table anyway the outside ground was unkepted like nobody cares and was letting the place go down hill. The web site the described a pillow top mattress, more like a piece of plywood with a thin pad. Took me a week to get my back to stop hurting. The only thing this place has is a great location to some really good restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheMarks
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We had previously stayed at the Tropical Breeze and had a wonderful time. So we decided to repeat it this year. We initially had an awful "dorm room" accommodation. However, when we mentioned it was inadequate we were given a beautiful room near the beach. The staff was friendly, sweet and helpful. Every need was anticipated and met. We wish we were still there and look forward to bringing our grandchildren down to enjoy it with us.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple