“Best beach”

The Palm Bay Club
Narragansett, RI
“Best beach”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My second time at Palm Bay lodged at 10th floor beachfront condo. Wonderful view! Beautiful beach with sand that stayed cool in 90 degree heat. Had a noise problem with the windows "whistling" with the wind. Maintenance "fixed" problem putting wet towels against guilty windows. Crazy solution actually worked but windows need to be recaulked or replaced. Overall a wonderful vacation. Staff were very helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for coming back to The Palm Bay Club! It is always a pleasure to have returning guests. I am sorry you experienced problems with the windows in your unit. I have already had a window company come look at the seals and they will be replaced as soon as possible to ensure this issue will not be a problem in the future. I encourage you to return to us again – noisy wind free!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Worcester
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had a great 4 days that ended our Disneyland trip. The appartment we stayed in was 164, a corner unit in the beach side block. A high spec appartment, with two big bedrooms and large lounge/dining room. The club was well maintained, peaceful and a good sized pool. Only 1 minute walk to a beautiful beach (one of the best I have seen) and the fantastic gulf waters that are so warm. Could have done with more powerful showers but perhaps I'm being picky because all in all this a very lovely place to stay.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Peakie1
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about recent visit. I will definitely let the owner know you enjoyed the unit. Sounds like the shower heads need to be replaced, so I will make sure a work order is put in. Overall, I am glad your stay here was a great end to your Florida vacation. I look forward to having you as our return guest in the future!
Aledo, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just returned from week's stay at Palm Bay Club. Great location on Crescent Beach. Beach chairs to use are free. We stayed in Unit 15 which had a well equipped kitchen, lots of tvs, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths. Had a problem with one of the shower heads & service was completed in 30 min. - Wow! The ground floor unit was helpful in walking out the door to the beach. We stayed in August, off season, so had no problem with parking or crowded beach. Well maintained property & beach. Used the tennis courts which were well kept. Used washer/dryer units, too. You can call the Siesta Key free shuttle & they will pick you up & take you home from the village for tip money. Well worth not having to look for parking in busy village! Will return to this condo unit, worked well for my family. Best thing about Siesta Key is the village for my 20 something kids/adults. Great bars, restaurants & live music!!!! The beach is great, too. We will be back.

Room Tip: Stayed in unit 15 which is on ground floor, has large patio facing north - not beachside. Great for...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave such an awesome review about your recent visit. I will be sure to pass the review along to the owner. It sounds like you were pleased with the promptness of our maintenance crew. They work hard daily to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience. I am glad to hear you made great use of our amenities and of the many other things Siesta Key has to offer. The shuttle service you referenced, Johnny's Beach Rides is a great service to take advantage of when vacationing here. It is just one more thing Siesta Key offers for the convenience of our guests. We look forward to having you as our returning guest upon your return trip. The Village is waiting for you!
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed on the 10th floor in the tower beach front. Nice condo, clean and a balcony right overlooking the gulf. Great views of sunset and sunrise on the beach. The resort is excellent, well maintained with good amenities. Wish they had a pool on the beach like their neighbors...that would make it perfect. If I had it to do over, I probably would stay bayside instead of beachside but both are great. Siesta Village is nearby with lots of good food and drinks. Great choice on Siesta Key.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I tried finding your reservation so I could pass your awesome review along to the owner, but I was unsuccessful. Nevertheless, I am happy to read you had a pleasant experience here. Our beachfront condos are very popular, but I am sure you will like the Bayside units too. The pool & Jacuzzi overlook the Sarasota Bay making it even more relaxing. Sounds like you will be returning to The Village upon your next trip to Siesta Key! It is definitely a hot spot for tourists. I hope to see you as our returning guest in the future!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was our first time staying in Siesta Key and it was fabulous! The property is well maintained and right on the beach. The pool is of average size, but my children enjoyed it regardless. There is a nice cabana/hut with picnic tables and grill located on the beach which can be reserved for 2 hour intervals. Definitely plan to return with the family next year.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I am happy to hear your first trip to Siesta Key was an enjoyable one. The grills are a frequently used amenity during the summer. May I suggest using the grills on the Bayside upon your return trip? They offer an amazing view of Sarasota Bay! I am happy to hear you will be a returning guest next year!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The location was great and our individual condo was fantastic! Very clean, spacious and easy access to the beach. It is about 2 miles or so from the center of town, and we found it easy to get there, but if you are looking for something within easy walking distance, this might not be the place. The beach access was lovely though, and it seemed very family friendly. Our unit had pretty much everything we would have needed, even some beach toys. Only downside was the front desk staff was rather unfriendly and not super helpful. Parking was also an issue. Even though our condo slept 6 people we were not permitted more than 2 cars on the property and when we asked where they recommended our guests park, they were not very helpful at all, eventually recommending a lot several miles away.

All and all though, really good stay and nice condo!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jskessler
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was unable to narrow down which unit you stayed in, but I am happy to hear you were pleased with the accommodation and the property. There is a service called Johnny Free Rides that will pick you up and drop you off anywhere on the key for just tips. They are very popular and I have heard they have a quick response time. Hopefully you can use them when you return for your next stay. Although we would love to give our guests unlimited parking, there just simply isn’t enough spaces available. In fairness to all our guests, we do have a 2 car limit to ensure there is enough parking for all. Customer service is something we strive for so I am disappointed you were unhappy in the area. I apologize and ensure it will not be an issue if you decide to stay with us again in the future. We certainly look forward to having you as our guest again.
Franklin Park, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have been a loyal customer for the past 12 years my husband and I truly enjoy the Palm Bay Club that is why we have been returning for the past 12 years an we always stay 10 days.
Now, starting with next years rates the Palm Bay Club is raising our rate by $99.00 a night, we always visit in the month of July due to our work schedule and have paid $189.00 for a one bedroom one bath golf view, raising us to $288.00 a night just seems like bad management.
When I question the manager Shawna Frank as to why the large increase and why loyal long term customers who stay 10 days or more were not given a rent break her words were "since the property is increasingly busy during this time the board decided to raise the rates
It is to bad locality is not more important then money.
Barbara