“Favorite in Siesta Key”
Review of Bluque - CLOSED

Bluque
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Had a few lunches and one dinner at the Blu Que during our stay in Siesta Key. We loved the casual atmosphere and the food and service was terrific each time. At dinner there were 12 of us, taking up two booths outside. Eric was our waiter and he was awesome. He fit right in to our family and had a great sense of humor. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we had a little bit of everything: wedge salad, mussels, escargot, baked brie, ribeye, pork chop, lobster, shrimp pasta, burgers and, of course, beer and wine. I was drinking Blue Moon and Eric suggested Blue Moon with apple juice. It was great.

At dinner there was outdoor entertainment and the guy singing sounded awesome. He sung a variety of old and new popular songs. We requested "Sweet Caroline" and he played it perfectly. We were bummed when his set was finished.

We were there celebrating several birthdays and had brownie sundaes with lit sparklers for dessert. Eric brought a special dessert for my youngest daughter who has allergies. It also had a lit sparkler on top which made her feel extra special.

Of all the restaurants in Siesta Key ... Blu Que is my favorite.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband and I tried this restaurant about a month ago and enjoyed a few appetizers, so this time we brought some friends back for dinner.

Between the 4 of us, we ordered Lobster Tacos, Beef Brisket Sandwich, Cuban and Bison Burgers.

The lobster tacos were a great treat. I enjoy fish tacos, but when you can replace that fish with lobster, you have a winning combination. The aioli sauce was incredible as well.

My husband got the Beef Brisket, he was very impressed with the quantity of meat in the sandwich, and he said that it was the best tasting beef brisket he's ever had.

When ordering the bison burger, our friend asked for them well done, the waitress talked her into getting them medium (since they're slider size), and they were perfect!

Our friend mentioned that the Cuban was the best he's ever had.... and I have seen him enjoy quite a few cubans. It was a full sandwich, and looked delicious.

The waitress was incredible. She was friendly, informative and always available for us. I wish I could remember her name, we dined inside on August 23rd.

We checked the menus of the two restaurants leading to this restaurant and this one had the most interesting menu, offering something for everybody.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The food was good but the entire drink menu including draft beer was half price. Draft beer for $1.50

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Loved this place..food, live music was great!!!! Would go back and try all of the other things I didnt get to eat the first time..so many great choices

Reviewed 11 July 2014

After a day at the beach my family was looking forward to a nice dinner for my daughter's birthday. My husband and I along with my 3 boys are not allergic to any types of food. My daughter on the other hand is severely allergic to dairy and eggs. When I travel with her we explain the severity of her allergies from the beginning. I even take out her epi-pen to show them that even if her food is prepared or comes in contact with the allergen, she will stop breathing. My daughter ordered a salad and ribs as the main dish. When her salad came, it was covered with blue cheese. I looked at the waitress and said, "she cannot have that". And she looked at me and said, "why not?" Then I had to explain that blue cheese contains milk. I am not expecting everyone to know about the severity of food allergies, but common sense and awareness will make dining-out a wonderful experience for those who have allergies. I give this restaurant a "very good" status because although they lacked the knowledge of food allergies, the rest of my family enjoyed their dinner.