“Awesome lobster rolls”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very good lobster rolls. Large chunks with just the right amount of mix. Lobster bisque is excellent as well...be sure to get the bowl and add the lobster chunks. It's the only way to go!

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience, Don! It's great to hear you enjoyed our lobster rolls and lobster bisque—those are two of our specialties. The next time you're in Siesta Key, you know where to find us!

Cheers,

Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This place is delicious. The Ipswich steamers were a great appetizer. My husband had the fried clam strips and I had broiled scallops. The clam strips were the best we have ever had. Big and fresh. The scallops were good but all the sides were drenched in butter. If you are not a butter person, you better let your server know. I could not eat my sides for the butter. But the clam strips and steamers were amazing. I would definitely return. Service was average.

1  Thank AlanaAug
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thanks for trying us out, Alana. I'm glad to hear you and your husband had a great time with us overall, and I appreciate the review. Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Ok, there wasn't any guacamole but the food was amazing. Like seafood? Go here. The absolute best meal we had our entire time there and we hit a lot of great spots. YUM!

Happy to hear your meal hit the spot, Greg! Thanks for the 5 stars—the team and I appreciate your support. The next time you're in town, you know where to find us!

All the best,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Salmon was excellent, wait was not bad for a table for 2, service was great. Parking however was not so good.

Glad you enjoyed your meal, Gage! I'm sorry parking was difficult, though. For future reference, we have valet.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

All the best

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The best meal I've had since moving to Sarasota: unexpectedly classy with quality service at two seats by the bar. Homesick for Louisiana and crawfish boils, I stopped in here with a friend who claims it as her favorite restaurant in Sarasota -- and with good reason. We started off with fiery scallops and cornbread, the latter used to soak up every drop of the former, then split a big beautiful Lobster Dutchess. I left still knowing what it means to miss New Orleans, but full of a new taste for Sarasota life.

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience. I'm thrilled to hear we were able to give you not only a delicious meal, but also a "new taste for Sarasota life." To tell you the truth, I can't imagine a bigger compliment.

Anyway, the next time you're feeling homesick or are just in the mood for something tasty, I hope you'll come back and see us!

Cheers,