“Excellent lobster dinner”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

One of my favorite places to have lobster in Sarasota. This is the place to go to. Atmosphere is calm and relaxing, friendly staff, and best of all wonderful lobster and lobster dinner selections. You also can't go wrong with their appetizers! Great salads too.

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

So happy that, no matter what you've eaten or when you've come in, we've always been able to give you a great meal and great service. Hope to see you again the next time you're in Sarasota!

Thanks for the great review,
Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The food here was pretty good but not what we expected. It definitely wasn't my favorite place we ate at but I would try again and maybe get something different.

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Sorry to hear you didn't absolutely love what you tried, Diane. I know we can wow you next time though. Hope you'll give us another shot when you're back in town!

Stay well,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Small place with great food. Great service as well. Husband had stuffed shrimp. Very fresh. I'm not a seafood eater, but had a good pasta dish! Would come back!

Even though you're not a seafood person, I'm so happy you found something you liked. I'm also thrilled to hear your husband loved his shrimp, and that you both received great service. Hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Thanks for the great review,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We ate at the Lobster Pot the first night we arrived in Siesta Key. This put the bar very high for other restaurants to follow. The service was excellent the atmosphere was charming and the food was delicious. I had blackened grouper and my wife had scallops. I wish we would have had more time in the area to pay a return visit. Absolutely no complaints.

1  Thank Tony W
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Great food, friendly service, and a fun atmosphere? We're thrilled to be a triple threat in your book,Tony! I'm so happy you enjoyed your meal with us, and I really appreciate you taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. We'd love to welcome you back the next time you're in Siesta Key!

Thanks again for your kind words,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We just left Siesta Key and I have to say I will really miss this restaurant. We had the lobster roll and salad for lunch. I had never had a better meal and the salad dressing was to die for. I later met the owner and his wife in a local store and was able to tell them what a great experience I had. Service, location, price and most of all the food made my week even more enjoyable! Keep up the good work!

1  Thank Blueyesriding
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Just when I thought it could get any better... I get to read this! It was so nice to chat with you in person, and it's so great to read this here on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad you loved your lunch, and I really appreciate you taking the time to spread the good word about us. We've got a plate ready with your name on it the next time you're in Siesta Key!

All the best,