“Pricey but good”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We liked the food. Seafood was very fresh - We had shrimp cocktail and baked stuffed shrimp. The corn bread was really good. Beer and Wine only which was fine for us. Not much parking. they had valet if needed. The bartender was attentive and friendly. He is one of the family that owns this one and another at Cape Cod. So we compared notes as we are from Mass.

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I'm really glad you enjoyed your meal and that everything from the shrimp to the corn bread was a hit. I appreciate you taking the time to review us and I hope we'll see you the next time you're in town!

All the best,

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here while on vacation. My father in law and I tried the baked stuffed lobster dutchess. It was 35 dollars but included two side of your choice. We were skeptical at spending the money but the waitress assured us we wouldn't be disappointed. And we weren't. It was stuffed with shrimp and scallops. Everything was cooked to perfection. This is a little home style restaurant which seemed to have been in family for generations. This place is hoppin. If your in siesta key. Stop here you won't be disappointed.

LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at The Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thrilled to hear our Lobster Duchess didn't disappoint, and that you and your father in law found everything so delicious. We've been doing this for almost 15 years but reading fantastic reviews like these from people who support what we're doing never gets old. Thanks for being one of them and for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor!

All the best,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food was excellent, service was great, not a long wait, and the seafood was so fresh! Delicious!

Delicious is one of our favorite words! So happy it's one you'd use to describe your meal with us, and that you loved everything you had to eat, Stephanie. I'm not sure how often you're in the area but we'd love to welcome you back the next time you're in town.

Until then,

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Dined there with some friends and all of us enjoyed our meals. Service was attentive and friendly. The cornbread was very warm and tasty and was served with REAL butter (not that fake yellow waxy stuff). The only reason I give it a 4 instead of 5 is that it was not feasible to hold a few ingredients from my pasta dish? I ordered the Chicken Florentine pasta, which was very good by the way, but they couldn't hold the bacon & pernod because it was pre-made. I thought the bacon was a little overpowering. I never heard of bacon in a pasta dish? Other than that, the experience was good.

1  Thank BreezyBeaches

Sorry to hear you were surprised we couldn't hold some of the ingredients in your pasta. That said, I really appreciate you being flexible and I'm glad you enjoyed your meal overall despite it. I'm so happy to hear you loved the cornbread, and that you had such great service to match a great meal!

Thanks for the nice review,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

How about fresh, indigenous Gulf Shrimp, Grouper and Stoners (Stone Crab) (when in season)? This place is SO overrated and overpriced...and its so weird to me that folks would come to the Key and seek out Maine lobster...oh well. If you go here in tourist season and at prime dinner hours, the place is usually very crowded and loud. Because of this, every year I give it a try, but over all these years haven't had an experience that changes my mind. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

3  Thank Danamichele B

If you're disappointed then we're disappointed, Danamichele. We're known for our fresh, delicious seafood and I'm so sorry to hear we haven't been able to wow you yet. We'd love one final chance to impress you the next time you're in the area. There's always a little line in here for a reason and we'd love to prove why.

Hope you'll consider it,