“Low key,nice atmosphere, good food”

Lobster Pot Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on Siesta Key in beautiful Sarasota, we bring you the finest tastes of New England. Enjoy a delightful dining experience in our main dining room or our patio. As winners of "Taste of Sarasota," we still carry on the New England tradition of excellence. While here we hope you'll enjoy your "Old Cape Cod" and Florida dining experience! We purchase fresh seafood daily from only the finest fisherman in our native areas and also Florida. All of our live lobsters are from Bar Harbor and Boothbay Maine. While specializing in New England seafood and of course lobster, we also offer local seafood, steaks, chops, chicken, pasta and salads. Several of our recipes have been passed down from the owner’s family including our award winning signature baked stuffed lobster duchess, which is oven-baked Maine lobster stuffed with chunky seafood. Also using family recipes are our terrific homemade soups, including lobster bisque, New England clam chowder and the wonderful Portuguese kale soup.
new jersey
“Low key,nice atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

A small place with good service and fresh seafood!Must go!
Their stuff shrimp was very tasty and their service a bit friendlier than other places

1 Thank travelinghappy
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
A must go? Wow! We're so flattered! I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal with us and I'm happy to hear your service was just as great as your shrimp. Hope we'll see you again soon!

Best,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Yum...”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Great clam chowder. Excellent service. Fairly priced lunch specials. Hot food, freshly prepared. Would definitely return.

Thank Denise K. W
Happy to hear you had a great meal with friendly service to match, Denise! I'm even happier to hear you plan to return and I hope we'll see you again soon.

Thanks for the great review,
The Villages, Florida
“You can find better”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Parking is way too sparse. (Almost non-existent). Diningroom is somewhat small so eating early is my best suggestion. Service is average but not bad. The food is slightly better than OK and is a 1 out of the 3 based on the other restaurants we dined in. My wife , our friends and I won't be going there again the next time we visit Siesta Key.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank DFP918
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I'm sorry we weren't able to wow you and I'm disappointed to hear you don't plan to come back the next time you're in town. Your food should have been nothing short of delicious and your service nothing less than fantastic. If you caught us on an off night, I apologize. That said, I really do think that's what happened, and I'd love another chance to show you what we're all about and what we can do the next time you're in Siesta Key.

Hope you'll consider giving it to us,
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good seafood!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We ate here for our anniversary and the food was great!! The only negative thing I could say would be the screaming, absolute crazy kids running around like wild banshees in the restaurant. Not anyone's fault but the parents-but I will say the waiter seemed perturbed when we asked to move tables. Wasn't mean just not friendly! The lobster bisque was delicious-makes my mouth water just thinking about it! It's a little pricey but worth it! I would recommend this restaurant-bring ear muffs-just in case :)

• Visited August 2014
LOBSTERPOT5157, Owner at Lobster Pot Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Sorry to hear it may have been a little busy when you where here, Josie. While you're right, it's hard for us to control these types of situations, your waiter certainly should have responded differently and for that I apologize. That said, it sounds like you enjoyed your meal overall and I'm thrilled to hear our bisque was a hit -- it's certainly a favorite around here.

I'm not sure how often you folks are in Siesta Key but we'd love to welcome you back the next time you're in town.

All the best,
Owner
“A Place that is apart of our family memories.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We started visting Siesta Keys during memorial weekend as our family time and since we started Lobster Pot has been apart of our dining experience. We love seafood and this quaint restaurant delivers in service and food like any top name restaurant in the business. God's will, our family will be back next year.

• Visited May 2014
Thanks for the outstanding review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal with us and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you saying our food and service is on par with other top dogs. Here's to many more years of family, friends, and seafood!

Best,