“It's even better than we imagined!”

Tropical Beach Resorts
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“It's even better than we imagined!”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Great rooms with great service and hospitality combine for a fantastic experience. Located on the south end of Crescent Beach, this property is quietly one of the most enjoyable facilities we have stayed at. With a short walk to the beach or the option of using one of the two convenient and well maintained pools, this resort is staffed by some of the most friendly front desk representatives we have come across. They are knowledgeable about Key activities, restaurants and Sarasota attractions. Rooms were extremely well maintained complete with a full kitchenette and the plus of daily housekeeping created a distinct advantage over the condo rental market. With an added benefit of resort supplied beach towels and chairs we could not have asked for a better experience in Siesta Key. Only drawback was location which was away from Siesta Key Village - but that can also be viewed as an advantage as this resort was extremely quiet!

Room Tip: If staying in the Sun property, ask for the very comfortable Sandpiper room equipped with a king bed...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
SaraSeaResort, General Manager at Tropical Beach Resorts, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thanks for the fantastic review!! It makes us feel so good to know our guests had a great time and enjoyed all that Siesta Key has to offer! Traffic in March is always going to be pretty challenging as it's the busiest month of the year in Southwest Florida. Traffic has already dropped off significantly and typically the drive from Tampa to the resort is an hour. Many of our guests that do not fly into the Sarasota airport will fly into Tampa or Ft. Meyers. On behalf of everyone at Tropical Beach Resorts we are thrilled to receive such fabulous feedback from our recent guests and hope that we have the opportunity to help you plan your next vacation get-away on Siesta Key! Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel, having stayed there the winter of 2011. This place is the best on the Key, they have the friendliest staff and the room was as elegant as last time, and so clean and they provided a multitude of towels. One of the things I Ilked is that they respect your privacy and leave the towels and great soaps etc outside your door and promptly pick up the trash you leave outside the door. The area is so beautiful and everything they describe in their ad is the truth. you hear the chirping birds. It is so restful and peaceful, stayed for 5 nights, next year i plan on staying for 7 nights. I borrowed a laptop a few times and they have 3 of them , so I enjoyed that. I kidded Buddy, who works in the office when I left saying that the weather had been horrible and the staff so rude but he was cool enough to pick up that I was just being playful. I can't imagine anyone not being delighted with Tropical Shores. Oh they placed me next to the laundry room which was perfect for me being a light sleeper and I enjoyed the peace and quiet. I did hear the machines in the AM but the sound was so minimal that it was fine. Walk south on Midnight Pass Road to check out the gorgeous mansions, and palm trees and flowers. Smell the great odors of the flowers, Florida is a gem and so is this really fantastic hotel. I highly recommend the Sun Sandpiper King , very tasteful sheets, artwork, gorgeous stainless steel kitchen, you will feel at home. Check out Javier's, which is very close by, the best food on the Key !!! I also loved the pillowtop bed in my room, so comfortable !!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MBSilver
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We booked at the last minute and did not know what to expect. We were delighted and surprised with the room. It was spotless. We had a corner room. Yes, the room is small, but it does have a king bed plus kitchen and living area. It is amazing how they managed to put everything in the space... even a washer and dryer. Great location just a block from the beach and restaurants you can walk to. We loved the little balcony off the bedroom. The public sitting area on the porch was great when we had friends come by. This is a real little gem.
P.S. The staff was great.

Room Tip: Corner room has seperate living area
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This seems to be a older resort that has been recently updated. Close walking distance to the beach. Don't expect a five star resort, you're paying for the location. It is quiet with a more mature crowd. Next time we come to Siesta Key, we'll probably try staying at another place. Just being honest. The bedroom is small and the bathroom could've been nicer in my opinion. This unit is large enough for two people, but no more.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank james H
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed for 4 days this past February and last February (2011) as well. We stayed in the one-bedroom suite. Rooms were updated from the last time we stayed...and the beach is still only a short walk along a path to get there. Location is great. Having the kitchen helped us save on breakfast and lunches. Dinners can be gotten in town (short drive away). All in all, you cannot do much better for the money here on the best beach in the US.

Room Tip: There are 5 one-bedroom suites. I would not think I would like the one directly next to the office a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chiromag
Indiana
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I hesitate to let anyone know what a gem this place is for fear of not being able to get a room the next time I want to go! Seriously though...I loved my stay at Tropical Shores and can't wait to visit again.

The rooms are very clean and updated. The beds are very comfy. Each room has a kitchen and there are grills outside that are conveniently placed for each room block in case you want to do your own cooking. However...there are several restaurants within easy walking distance that shouldn't be missed. Captain Curt's has WONDERFUL clam chowder! Javier's Peruvian restaurant was delightful! They have an early bird discount as well. The Orange Octopus has really good ice cream. :-) If you do decide to cook, there is a small grocery store and a fish market within easy walking distance as well.

The resort provides DVD's, beach chairs and towels at no cost. They also have coffee, fruit, candy and cookies in the office each day. Nice touch. The staff is AWESOME! Very friendly and helpful. They checked us in for our flight and printed our boarding passes for us. They even delivered a vase of flowers to our room one day when they noticed I was admiring the flowers in the office. :-)

The grounds are beautiful. The beach is just spectacular. The sand is so fine it feels like silk. The resort is near the southern end of Crescent Beach, near the Point of Rocks. If you are a nature lover, be sure to take water shoes and go on an adventure amongst the rocks. We spent a couple of mornings out there collecting shells and discovering sea anemones, urchins, starfish and just enjoying the unusual beauty of this geologic formation. We enjoyed several beautiful sunsets and a gorgeous sunrise from the beach.
The pool is quiet and relaxing. The water temperature is perfect. If you prefer to relax in the shade, the pool is the place for you. They provide floaties and noodles also.
There is a gentleman on the grounds (just across from the office) who sells breakfast and lunch sandwiches and pop and water. He provided us with a DELICIOUS breakfast each morning - Very convenient and inexpensive.
I really enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing, low key vacation. If you're the Ritz Carlton type...look elsewhere. Leave this place for me! :-)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank SeekerOfTheSun
Melrose, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my two children ages 15 and 11. Overall I feel I paid way too much for what I received. We paid $35o a night for the biggest room which is a single bedroom with a living/dining/kitchen area. The "average" price is listed as $99-$299.
This is what I liked:
We were steps from the walkway to the beach

The bed was comfortable

The bathroom was enormous

There was a kitchenette that was suitable

It was clean when we arrived

They allowed us to check in two hours early

The staff at our hotel was friendly.

This is what I didn't like:
The towels felt like sandpaper

There was no reserved parking space for our unit

If we wanted the quality beach umbrellas and lounge chairs we had to pay to rent them. We could borrow hotel chairs, but they were well used and uncomfortable.

While smoking is not allowed in the unit, it is everywhere else. Including directly outside and beneath our bedroom windows. We're non-smokers and hate the smell of cigarette smoke.

Yard work starts early around there and they use power tools. Quite noisy.

My biggest complaint is the misunderstanding about housekeeping. I did not know we could make an appointment if we called before 11 am. We wasted one-half of our first day staying out of the room for it to be cleaned and it never was! The maid arrived and my son asked for 1 minute to get his stuff so he could clear out and she never came back. We waited over an hour. I had to call to get them to come back. Meanwhile, we all wanted a nap very badly but were afraid we'd get disturbed, yet we needed the room cleaned.

The private beach was crowded and small compared to the quieter, wider public beach which was beautiful.

Overall, I was expecting superior service and quality for the price we paid and I don't feel we had that. I wish I had saved money by staying off the beach and just using the public beach.

Room Tip: Go to the much wider, quieter public beach and save some money with a hotel that does not have a pri...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!