Tropical Beach Resorts
Twin Palms of Siesta(Siesta Key)(Great Value!)
US$211
Captiva Beach Resort(Siesta Key)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$178
US$279
US$211
US$300
US$228
Tropical Breeze Resort(Siesta Key)
US$293
Orbitz.com
US$279
Orbitz.com
US$125
US$151
The Sea Spray Resort(Siesta Key)
US$223
Official Site
US$127
2,771 results
All reviewssara seashort walkdeluxe efficiencytropical beachfull kitchensmall kitchenbed was very comfortableacross the streetan umbrellalove this placelounge chairsgranite countertopspalm treesnice poolcan't wait to go backheated poolgrocery store
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We book the hotel through the website and the only available room was King size with a sofa bed. I called to let them know that my parents will stay over and they said that they can use the sofa bed. When we checkout, they charge us $112.00 extra for my parents. They also tried to charge an extra $25 per night for the extra car that my parents brought. The front desk girl told me that we can park my parent's car at the public beach overnight. We did that and guess what, my parent got a parking ticket for $25 from the city. What a liar? We ended up putting my parent's car at a friend's house in Sarasota which makes our vacation very inconvenient.

We have some friends that live in Sarasota and invite them to see the sunset. They told my friends that they have to register at the front desk and if not they will tow their car. They were very rude to my friends. I told them that my friends will only park at the hotel for 10 min and they were plenty of spaces available.

The room was very small. Much smaller than what the pictures were showing in the website. Our refrigerator wasn't working the first day which make some of our food to be spoiled. We have to call service to get the refrigerator to work. The 2nd night, my kids was taking a nap and the house keeper didn't get a change to clean the room. I call the front desk around 6pm requesting to clean up the room and they said that the house keeper were no longer available. This is worst than a 1 or 2 star hotel.

We also tried to cancel the 4th night on our 2nd day but the front desk girl said that they can cancel the room but would not refund the nightly fee. Their policy clearly said that they have a 72 hours cancellation policy. When we called them, it was clearly 72 hours before the 4th night that we tried to cancel.

We should have stay at a known chained hotel with much better service and quality. I should have learn not to stay at a mom and pop's resort. I think people overrated this hotel for some reason.

Another thing, this is not a beach front resort. You have to walk about 200-300 yards from the hotel to the beach.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank IrmaJH
Tr0picalSun, General Manager at Tropical Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

We appreciate all the comments that are posted on Trip Advisor and thank all of our guests for their comments and feedback. Our philosophy is to strive for exceptional customer service and feel that our reviews speak very highly of our commitment to our guests. We do very much apologies to this guest that their stay did not meet their expectations. We respect the comments that our recent guests made, however we do feel the statements made are misrepresented. The room reserved for this couple was for two persons at the Sara Sea Resort.
The guest called prior to arriving and advised us a third person was going to be staying with them. Then, the guests called and stated another couple was also joining them as well. As the hotel was sold out we suggested contacting their third party booking service and to see if they could cancel their reservation as the room did not accommodate five persons. Our guests decided to keep their reservation and we welcomed the second family to stay in the room with them, understanding that they could not find a second room for their friends. Although we did not recommend this, we could not have tried to be more helpful. The guests were charged an additional fee of $25.00 per night total for the three extra persons staying in the room. (That is total, not per person). There was never a charge of $25.00 for their additional car nor were they ever advised to park at the public beach. They did mention having more vehicles and family coming to the property and were told that during the peak holiday weekend, that their additional day guests may want to park at a public parking area and take a free shuttle to the hotel during the day. We believe our guests understand that in offering several extra parking spots to one registered room, it would take away parking for our other registered guests and their visitors. We try to be very fair and help all of our guests have an enjoyable experience. It is also very true to say that housekeeping would have been gone at 6pm but we do call every room around 4pm if their do not disturb sign is still hanging on the door of a guest room and if there is no reply additional provisions are left outside. We would not enter a room with a do not disturb sign unless of an extreme emergency. A complimentary maid service is offered from 9:30 am-4:00 pm seven days a week. In addition, if a reservation is made through a third party, the cancellation terms are through that direct booking site and we have very little control over assisting travelers with changing their dates. Lastly, depending on what building a guest is staying, a walk to the beach is 80-100yards not 200-300 yards as stated by our recent guest. We absolutely love our guests and strive everyday to exceed our guest’s expectations. We do very much apologies to this guest that their stay did not meet their expectations but really don’t feel this review represents the actual situation or how we tried to help these guests and take care of their family and friends.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

After a long work week in Orlando, my hubby treated me to a long weekend at the beach! He found the room online and was able to book it for a special rate--always a bonus. The room we booked was one of their smaller ones, but they still managed to squeeze in a kitchenette complete with full-size fridge, sink, dishwasher, stove-top, and microwave. The room was always clean, comfortable, and nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable and we were able to sleep soundly.

The beautiful beaches of Siesta Key were less than a mile's walk away. The resort has free beach chairs, towels, and toys for kids you can check out from the main office and carry down to the beach with you to use. (Next time, I won't worry about bringing my own beach towels!)

We also had good luck finding wonderful places to eat near by--our favorites were Owen's Fish Camp in Sarasota and Village Cafe in Siesta Key.

It was a wonderful getaway all around! We can't wait to come back! :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Trust me if you want a relaxing vacation this is it. The grounds of this resort is outstanding, palm trees and a shell pathway through the resort. We have three girls and we just went to Destin Last year and spent 400 a night place was ok, but was a complicated resort. The tropical shores was simple with great management. For example, the maintenance man ask me if I wanted a ride to the laundry and I told him it was my birthday. I did not think much of it but he told management and they sent a bottle of wine to my room. The 400 dollar resorts would never do that. The walk to the beach was not bad I was worried if I would like that or not but the walk is mainly through a lighted lush garden. I have little girls from 4 to 10 and they never complained they actually liked it because the path is made of small shells. We love it and I have went to vacations in Aruba, Mexico, Myrtle Beach, St Pete Beach, Daytona Beach, and I am ready to go back to this resort. It gave me the old florida feel that I enjoyed as a kid before the big high rises took over.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This is my third time at the Tropical beach resorts and have really enjoyed each and every one of them. It is a clean well maintained resort. They pay attention to the details. If I had to find a negative it would be that the pillows are too hard and there always seem to be someone using a noisy leaf blower.
Excellent housekeeping.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hfdad
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I visit Siesta Key once or twice every year. I usually rent a condo, or house at a diffrent spot each time. However this year I tried Tropical Shores because of the great rate I found. It turned out to be my favorite place so far! It's just a couple steps to the beach first off. You can walk down to the public section of Siesta Key in 5 mins...I did a couple times.
We stayed in a 2 Bdrm unit; it had a fully equipt kitchen with updated appliances. Both rooms had closets (u would be surprised), nice TVs with cabel, & beds super comfy.
The property itself is super cute with little tiki areas & a pool. Shared grill areas & a little patio set out front our door. I did free yoga on the beach that they offer & it was beautiful. The front desk staff was very helpful, & pleasant, & house keeping was everyday.
One thing I found particularly nice was they had lay down beach chairs available for all guests & beach towel sign out so I didn't have to buy that stuff when I got there.
We took the free Johnny Cab (the front desk told us about) to the village shopping area a few times, & also to Captain Curts (which has an outside bar open till 2:00 thank you) Trust me if you're a night owl like me, you'll need that info lol.
Anyway, all in all I really think I get the best bang 4 my buck at Tropical Shores. It had the little details that make cross country, & seasonal travel easier. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tropical Beach section, and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends