“Very nice stay”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Maryland
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2008

My first visit to Siesta Key and I stayed at the Tropical Shores. The place was very well kept and had the 'old Florida" charm. The staff were great.

• Liked — Close to the beach
  • Disliked — Room was kinda small but suited us fine
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2008

Room is seconds from the private beach. The small circle of hotels reminds you of a small island of friends and family. Hotel is bright, cheery and beautifully decorated. One feels so at home and relaxed making a wonderful vacation. Thank you.....

Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2008

The experience was great from the time I checked out the website to the day I checked out. The online chat while I was making my decision to book helped solidify my choice to stay. The accommodations were top notch. Short walk to the beautiful beach and stopping back at the pool for chat's with the diverse people (German, Scottish, British...) that have found the place on the internet and word of mouth. Definitely a place to visit!

1 Thank JerryD12C
Ipswich, Mass.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2008

I took my mother for a little get away to Siesta Key. Tropical Shores is lovely. We stayed in the 3 bedroom efficiency. It was very clean and quaint. One room had a huge king size bed, the other had 2 double beds and the third had bunk beds. The pool and grounds were clean and well kept. The staff was very efficient and helpfull. Before our room was ready, we were able to change our clothes in # 105, which was a one bedroom efficiency. I think that had a jaccuzzi tub. That was lovely, as well. I would certainly return. Although we were only there for the one night, it was absolutly perfect. Keep up your good work, I look forward to bringing my family there again soon. Thank you. I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Clean, quaint, friendly and good value for mid-May. Many types of rooms.
  • Disliked — It was a little walk to the beach. Might be tough for older guests, but otherwise, perfect.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Lakeland, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2008

Although our "mini efficiency" was small, it was quite adequate and very well equipped. The staff were all very accomodating. The room was exceptionally clean and the hotel was very environmentally conscious. The short walk to the beach was paved with a shower to rinse the sand off before returning to the room. Pool was clean. The gardens surrounding the hotel were beautiful and well kept. The only thing I would do differently is to choose the larger efficiency.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendlness of staff and location
  • Disliked — small size of room
1 Thank Charlherr
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

I found Tropical Shores through an Internet search and let me say that it was the find of the year. The setting is tropical with traditional and exotic flowers blooming all over. The bird sounds made you feel as though you were in a jungle. The room was spotless and we loved having the small kitchen for breakfast and snacks. The staff was terrific. My laptop had a problem and they not only found a pc repair for me leaving a notice on my door, they let me know about a drug store across the street that rented computer time.

You can BBQ on the grounds and there are several swimming pools to take advantage of.

And then there's the beach. With sand like powdered sugar and water like liquid turquoise, this is paradise. The price for our off-season vacation was very reasonable. The other guests were adults with a few young kids. Restaurants across the street and down from the hotel were good and the Botanical Gardens were spectacular. We will definitely come back to this location. It doesn't get much better than this.

• Liked — Very Tropical looking and only a minute or two from an incredible ocean
  • Disliked — Maid pushing cart or trash container near the room in the morning - very loud
1 Thank PapitoBoston
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2008

I have nothing bad to say about our stay at the Tropical Shores. It was awsome!! two days were not enough. The rooms were very clean, the grounds were like a picture. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The beach is like nothing I have seen. The sand like baby powder and never hot on your feet. Having the mini efficiency gave us the option to eat in and save if we wanted. Was nice having the in room coffee pot, I could fix my coffee and walk on the beach at my leisure. Complimentary news papers were nice too. Nothing could be better then the cool morning air coming off the ocean with a hot cup of coffee and the news paper to start the day. We had free use of the trolley which took us to Siesta Villiage were we could shop and eat and take part in the night life. You must experience Drumming on the beach which takes place every Sunday night at 8pm at the main beach. I am already planning my next trip, have told all my family and friends about the place and hope they will come also. There are also so many things close by to see and do.
GREAT PLACE!! GREAT STAFF!!, GREAT BEACH, !!
SEE YA SOON

• Liked — all rooms had their own door to the outside, park at the door , beach was very close
  • Disliked — nothing
1 Thank living4sunshine
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!