Went on a whim to siesta key based on a couple of friends recommendations. We had never been to the gulf side before and were skeptical. We always have gone to Miami where it's young and lively. But with our toddler we wanted to go somewhere low key. Found this rental property on tripadvisor. And it was great. Flew in to tampa and it was an easy straight drive to siesta key. They let us check in early. Parked in front of our room. There was a pool in front. The room was so cute w a little kitchenette, a sofa, a large king bed. It was so cozy. We dropped our stuff off and went straight to the beach. They supplied towels, beach chairs, and sand toys for our toddler. The beach was a 2 minute walk and we were the farthest property fr the beach and still THAT close and convenient. There was a private seating area w reasonable lounge chair and umbrella rentals ($12 for 1/2 day incl 2 loungers and umbrella). And we enjoyed a quiet afternoon on the beach. I was immediately relaxed as my super-dad of a husband played w our daughter in the water. The sand was cool, the water was cool but not cold, and there was a pleasant breeze. It was great! It was hard to leave. We cooked breakfast in our room. Had to drive 1.5 miles to get the necessities but it felt like home. We enjoyed 3 nights and 4 days there. On our last day our flight wasn't until late in the afternoon but check out was at 10. I thought that was a bit early but they let us stay until noon. And even as noon approached, they said we didn't have to rush out of there. That was so nice of them. I guess they didn't have tons of people checking in immediately and it was sooooo nice of them. We appreciated it. I told my husband we should come back every year. It was great. Especially the private beach. We spent one morning on the public beach. It was nice and a 5 minute drive away but too crowded. But there wasn't much else to do on the key. Not many great restaurants except at Clayton's grill. But otherwise, there were cheesy tiki bars, fake Mexican food joints that we didn't care for. In Miami they have a lot more food choices. They have lots of walking and people watching and shopping. I'd appreciate a little bit more of that in siesta key. But this rental property was amazing esp the customer service and convenience. Thanks!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top Five Things You Want to Know! 1. Call the hotel direct for reservations! We price match all rates, we will make sure you are getting the best rate and best type for your travel needs! We are here on property seven days a week.. call us at 94-349-3330. Let us ensure your travel experience is flawless. 2. We are located on the South end of Crescent Beach and a three minute walk to Crescent Beach on Siesta Key. All rooms have a garden view (Not a beach view) but are located gulf side with no roads to cross to get to the beach. 3. How far is the Siesta Key Village? The village is 3 miles north of Siesta Key. The island offers a free trolley and there are a lot of free (tip only) travel options so you don't even need to drive on the island. 4. Can I walk to shops and restaurants? Yes! You walk to many shops and restaurants, grocery store, live music, everything you need! 5. What are you hours? We are open seven days a week from 8am-10pm. After hour check ins available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tropical Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Shores Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Resort Siesta Key
- Tropical Beach Resorts Siesta Key, Florida