“Unexpected family fun! ”

Tropical Beach Resorts
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Went on a whim to siesta key based on a couple of friends recommendations. We had never been to the gulf side before and were skeptical. We always have gone to Miami where it's young and lively. But with our toddler we wanted to go somewhere low key. Found this rental property on tripadvisor. And it was great. Flew in to tampa and it was an easy straight drive to siesta key. They let us check in early. Parked in front of our room. There was a pool in front. The room was so cute w a little kitchenette, a sofa, a large king bed. It was so cozy. We dropped our stuff off and went straight to the beach. They supplied towels, beach chairs, and sand toys for our toddler. The beach was a 2 minute walk and we were the farthest property fr the beach and still THAT close and convenient. There was a private seating area w reasonable lounge chair and umbrella rentals ($12 for 1/2 day incl 2 loungers and umbrella). And we enjoyed a quiet afternoon on the beach. I was immediately relaxed as my super-dad of a husband played w our daughter in the water. The sand was cool, the water was cool but not cold, and there was a pleasant breeze. It was great! It was hard to leave. We cooked breakfast in our room. Had to drive 1.5 miles to get the necessities but it felt like home. We enjoyed 3 nights and 4 days there. On our last day our flight wasn't until late in the afternoon but check out was at 10. I thought that was a bit early but they let us stay until noon. And even as noon approached, they said we didn't have to rush out of there. That was so nice of them. I guess they didn't have tons of people checking in immediately and it was sooooo nice of them. We appreciated it. I told my husband we should come back every year. It was great. Especially the private beach. We spent one morning on the public beach. It was nice and a 5 minute drive away but too crowded. But there wasn't much else to do on the key. Not many great restaurants except at Clayton's grill. But otherwise, there were cheesy tiki bars, fake Mexican food joints that we didn't care for. In Miami they have a lot more food choices. They have lots of walking and people watching and shopping. I'd appreciate a little bit more of that in siesta key. But this rental property was amazing esp the customer service and convenience. Thanks!!!

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank charon2143
Write a ReviewReviews (2,613)

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed for the first time in October . We stay in the one bed suite and in the two bed suite , Loved It ! I didn't find anything bad about this resort . It is a jewel ! We are already planning a trip back . Ask for Buddy , he is Awesome . Great customer services AAA Class Rated !

Room Tip: The one and two bedroom suites are very nice , they were four of us but the rooms would had slept mo...
Reviewed 26 October 2013

From the moment you arrive you are made to feel that you've been here many many times before. Up-to-date modern spotless rooms with kitchenettes with lush but sure tropical landscaping. Short walk to the beach. The staff definitely goes out of its way to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We rented a two bedroom, with a living room (with a sofa sleeper) and full kitchen -- it was decorated nicely - it was clean - the staff was very friendly - and the location was great! It was steps to the beach and they even gave you beach chairs! We would definitely stay here again! Oh and you could get free taxi service into town! (just give them a good tip!)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is our 5th stay, my wife, me and 3 year old (3rd time for the toddler).
As we stood at the car to end our trip, our 3 year old stomped her feet and said, "I don't want to go home". That described out stay here at Tropical Beach Resort. Wish we had about 3 more days. The walk to the beach is quick 2 minutes across the lot and a pretty view through the resorts. Rent chairs and umbrella ($20 for the day or $12 1/2 day charged to room or rent from A-z rentals nearby) Water was bath room and we found Oct is the best time to come for us from Jan when it could get a bit cool for Fla temp.
The room was so nice and had it all. Bath tub for the toddler, nice super comfortable bed and sheets, lots of pillows. Full kitchen and refrig-we stocked up at nearby supermarket day one and filled in once. BBQ on site which I used for lunch and dinner, steaks, kabobs, corn etc. We ate well and snacked well. Liquor store across the street.
I could go on and on but their website gives all the amenities.
One small issue, pool was slightly cool for me which I would like about 5 or so degrees warmer, kid would go all the way in but wife swam. Its a nice pool and pool are.
I forgot to mention they have beach chairs for free on site, pool towels, and tons of kids beach toys. My kid also loved the complimentary lemonade in the office. We will def come back next year and tried to book early but they said to early.
This resort is so worth the money, is super clean (they are always cleaning and repairing here clearly a well kept and well run place). I stayed up late one night after football and it was soooo quiet I sat out and drank wine under the stars.
Book here and you'll be hooked.

1  Thank haringdr27
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Hotel complex reminded very much of "Old Florida" and the beach there was fantastic. Lounges and Umbrella's were available for a reasonable price (1/2 day or whole) and there were even chairs and towels free from the resort. (not as comfy as the lounges!) Beautiful grounds with nice pools and BBQ's, lovely places to sit and enjoy the breezes. Our small suite was #120. OK for 2 people and it would be A#1 with just a few fixes. Really needed new beds! They were awful. Bathroom is small and with a little attention to detail would be very nice. It was very clean and the maid service was ok. All of the staff were wonderful, helpful and very friendly ... they treat you like family! With just a little touch up this could be 5 stars.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Nice looking hotel within a short walking distance to the beach. Hotel was clean and the staff were freindly. They were accomodating of my request to change rooms (after the first ight) in order to be closer to the BBQ area. My wife and I always prefer small resorts like this instead of traditional high-rise hotels. I definitely will be back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
#9 of 12 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 51 in Sarasota

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!