“Gem in Siesta Key”

Tropical Beach Resorts
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Spent one night on Siesta Key @ TSBR in May 2014. Wasn't expecting much from the pictures online but they are deceiving. Room was small but very clean. Staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful in finding stuff to do on the island. Short walk down a path the Crescent Beach. I would definitely recommend staying here and if I ever come back, it will definitely be for more than 1 night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We checked in on a Friday. Called from airport at 11:30 and were told they would have a room ready for us when we got there, and since check in was late in date, we were very happy with this. They had a room ready for us when we got there at Tropical Sun building. It was very clean, but small. Since we were moving the next night to the Sara Sea building, it was fine. Sera Sea building was a much better set up and larger, all except bathroom was a little cramped. Shorter walk to the beach, only but a minute or so. Pool was clean, maid service was good. Beach was great. Across the street was Snikki Tikki that had great food (not gourmet, but good). Local person playing guitar each night. Short drive to Siesta Village where we had coffee each morning at the Local Bean. Short drive to Long Boat Keye, etc. Quiet place to stay most of the time, but he Captiva had a wedding on Saturday night and our neighbor obviously was there for that. The walls were a little thin at 2 am, but out of the ordinary for there. Would definitely go back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jane D
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed with my daughter the weekend of 4/26/14. We were in town to enjoy the beach and see a concert at Van Wezel Performing Arts Center. We felt safe and accommodations were nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable. We did however, have difficulty with the cable. We could not get it to work Sunday night thru the following morning that we were leaving. I called the office late Sunday night but they were closed. The beach chairs and umbrellas rental is very nice as well as all the clean towel pickup and drop off of used towels. The pool was heated and nice to swim in at night. I would recommend updating some of the bathrooms which are heavy on the caulk and a thorough dusting of the rooms. These are minor but for the price I paid for two nights I expected more.

Room Tip: We stayed in Tropical Shores and that location was good. No traffic noise only heard birds chirping...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I booked a three day trip to Siesta Key and chose Tropical Sun resort based on the other reviews here. I was traveling alone and looking to spend a few days by a pool or beach, with comfortable clean and affordable accommodations. This resort offered all of that and more. I stayed in a King sandpiper room, which was even better than the pictures on the website. The room had a kitchenette, complete with full size refrigerator and freezer, microwave and stove. The cupboards were stocked with dishes, cups, silverware, wine glasses, and even a tea kettle. The bathroom was clean and updated with plenty space. The bed was luxuriously comfortable.
There are two pools on the property, one of which was right out my front door. Most people went to the beach during the day, which meant I had the pool almost entirely to myself. Towels and pool floats were readily available, which was very convenient.
The staff at this resort are very friendly and helpful, and really seem to care if you are having a nice stay. They even have a library of newer release dvds that you can borrow to watch in your room.
This resort really pays attention to the small details that will make your trip more comfortable which sets them apart from any other place that I have vacationed.
I would definitely return again, and will recommend this resort to anyone looking to spend some time in Siesta Key.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank SarahD2333
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had never been to Siesta Key and booked our stay at Tropical Shores based on what I could find online and the reviews from Tripadvisor. Rooms were clean, full kitchen with oven. Enough space for family of 5. Free coffee in the morning you can grab in the office. Kids love getting the lemonade in the afternoon. Large selection of free beach chairs to use. Huge bin of sand toys for kids to borrow at take to the beach. Nice pool and heated. Very short walk to the beach and you don't have to cross any streets. Friendly staff in the office, always willing to assist. Also nice selection of free DVD rentals. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bart H
Reviewed 3 May 2014

From the moment I arrived until the minute I drove away in my rental car, everything was perfect! Tropical Shores Beach Resort is a very clean, updated resort close to everything and a very short walk to the beautiful Cresent beach. This was my first time to Florida and the staff was extremely helpful with directions, maps, etc. And lucky me, the weather was perfect the whole week of my stay. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: My room was upstairs, #115 and was a corner unit with extra windows which I liked, and although the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 3 May 2014

coming here for years great place, everything you need is in walking distance. two miles from siesta key village. rooms are all different sizes. we like the small cozy ones at the sara sea. the beach is the best

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple