“would stay here again!”

Tropical Beach Resorts
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We stayed here due to all the good reviews but mostly because of the price. It was about the cheapest place to stay. We had one of the upstairs rooms. It only had one bed but was perfect for the three of us. The couch also made out into a bed. It was just a short walk to the beach and the pool was right outside the room. Tropical Shores is in a great location and we would definately stay here again.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,663)

Reviewed 18 April 2009

We chose Tropical Shores from the reviews on Trip Advisor and we agree that it is a wonderful place to stay! I was impressed with their service as soon as I booked our stay. Since the resort was busy, the room which I originally booked at Tropical Shores was only available for three nights, so I booked a different room at Tropical Sun for our fourth night. I booked over the internet and, within minutes, I received an email from Tropical Shores confirming my reservation and checking to see if I was aware that the second room would be in a different building and would not be as large or as nice as the first. I was aware of this fact and booked the room because it was all that was available, but I was impressed that the people at Tropical Shores took the time to be sure that I would not be disappointed with the accommodations. The service only got better once we arrived--the ladies in the office were warm and friendly and couldn't do enough for you! We travel often and it is such a joy to deal with genuinely nice people who seem to truly enjoy helping the guests.
We were pleased with both of our rooms, but the King Efficiency with the sun deck was really great! We loved the lay out of the property and the proximity to a beautiful beach. I would heartily recommend Tropical Shores to anyone visiting Siesta Key.

Reviewed 18 April 2009

A few friends of mine gathered at the Tropical Shores to celebrate a milestone birthday. What a pleasant surprise to see such a great hotel at a very reasonable price. Everyone at the hotel/condo units were very pleasant, including all the guests! It truly is a minute walk to the beach and there you are! Enjoying the sun, sand, and clean environment of Florida.

I would definitely recommend any one visiting the Tropical Shores. From friends gathering, to a family vacation, and to a romantic getaway, this resort can accommodate anything!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2009

Sara Sea resort was more than what we expected. It was so cozy, relaxing and serene. The rooms had everything we needed and it was beautiful. We were married the weekend we stayed there and they provided everything for me and the groom, things that were not included they helped us with and it made our stay and our wedding all that much more great. The staff treated our guests so nice by being helpful and informative. Our guests that live in Sarasota, Fla. did not know about the resort but vowed to book a reservation as soon as possible. We really fell in love with Sara Sea Resort and the beautiful private beach and we're looking forward to returning in the near future. Thanks for the champagne and pizza!!!
Saville and Kawana Small
Harlem, NYC

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KDAVIS144
Reviewed 13 April 2009

This resort is very cozy and nice! The people who work there go out of there way for you. I was actually at the wrong hotel but when I saw the cute room and the kindness of the people I knew I was at the place for me! Please take my advice when I say this is a great place...We were only moments from the beach and what a beautful beach it is! I will for sure be back!

Reviewed 12 April 2009

We stayed at the Sara section of the Tropical Shores Beach Resort and it is everything they claim. The grounds and the rooms are immaculate and very comfortable. The soft, white sandy beach is very close and the soothing sounds of the ocean ever present. There are open areas to play frisbee or ball just north of the lounge area and very close, and for shell hunting head south around the barrier wall (it's fairly easily navigated).

The room was absolutely beautiful. There are plenty of windows all with Plantation Shutters-so you could let the sunshine in or close and have complete privacy.

The kitchen was fantastic....granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a dishwasher, flat top stove and a microwave. The oven even had a cookie sheet in it. It had everything we needed and some-- pots, pans, silverware, utensils (corkscrew included), glasses and complete tableware for 4. There's even a toaster and tea kettle...It makes you feel right at home.

The bed was very comfortable. I believe it had a pillow top mattress, making for a good nights sleep and, get this, it had fitted sheets! They don't even have that at the Venetian in Las Vegas. I just hate it when the sheets bunch up underneath you while you're sleeping or worse yet before you even get into bed. And unlike most places there were towels aplenty, like 10 or so (they even smelled like Downey) and the linens had a good thread count, very soft. There is plenty of open space to move about freely and a full length mirror, which I liked being a woman lol.

I don't usually write reviews but this place stood out. The customer service was great and the room and grounds were beyond my expectations! We will definitely return!! We loved this place :)

2  Thank tfsbecause
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Spent four nights with 17 year old son. Staff was friendly. Property is very old but well maintained. Room was clean and no apparent odors. Only complaint was the air conditioner was positioned directly above one of the beds and we had to turn it off when sleeping because of the noise. I do not think the air conditioner was unusually loud as far as air conditioners go, it is just when it is only a few feet from your head it has to be loud. Siesta Key Beach is awesome.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank themingster
Tr0picalSun, General Manager at Tropical Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2009

Tropical Sun has reopened half of the resort and now offers the newest accommodations on Siesta Key! These room have been under a reconstruction for the past nine months! Our largest accommodations are called the Grand Heron and offer jacuzzi tubs. Also featured are the Sand Piper and Hummingbird. These brand new rooms offer central air condiitioning, tile floors, granite counters, stainless steel appliances, plus pillow-top bedding, designer furnishings, wall mounted TV's, bathtubs in all rooms, and much much more!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
#9 of 12 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 51 in Sarasota

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!