“Definitely Recommend Tropical Beach Resorts to my Family & Friends”

Tropical Beach Resorts
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 22 June 2010

My family and I stayed at Tropical Resorts this weekend (June 19 2010).It was my Father's Day gift to my husband,son and granddaughter.

We had such a wonderful stay!!!! We stayed in room 120 and it was adorable.(clean,private)
The location is fantastic,just few steps from the beautiful beach.

I would definitely recommend Tropical Resorts to my family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,605)

Reviewed 20 June 2010

You take a chance finding a hotel on the internet without a personal recommendation, but we were pleasantly surprised with the facilities, the beach and the staff. We will be back again!

1  Thank SherryStuart_Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2010

We enjoyed our stay here. The resort is great for families with children - pools, shuffleboard, grassy areas and patio tables. The walk to the beach is very easy. We stayed 6 nights in a one bedroom suite at Tropical Shores. There is also Sara Sun (adults only) and Tropical Sun, but the Tropical Shores was the best for kids mainly because of the "yard" in front of our suite. Also, the kitchen helped us save money from eating out. The only thing I'd recommend is to buy a beach umbrella ($12 at almost any local store) and grab the free beach chairs by the office and carry to the beach. Otherwise you have to pay $12 -$20 per day to sit in the provided chairs/umbrella set up at the beach. The young employee will ask you to pay or you can't sit there.

Reviewed 15 June 2010

My family and I stayed with Tropical Shores from May 19th - May 23rd. We had such a wonderful stay! We stayed in room 110 and it was adorable. We found the room clean, orderly, uniquely decorated, colorful, and quaint. Housekeeping was friendly and efficient. The check in process was quick and easy, staff was very friendly, we had free internet (which is not usually offered) and were even offered a laptop. WOW! There were pool toys, beach toys, beach chairs, a grill, and DVDs (a great selection) among other things offered to us at no cost. All these conveniences were a very nice touch and made our stay comfortable and easy. One day I visited the front desk to ask where the ice machine was. I was given directions and informed that is costs a quarter. The lady asked if I had a quarter and I said "yes, back at the room" she said "here save yourself a trip" and gave me the quarter. I mean seriously, charge a quarter for ice then give me the quarter. You don't see that customer service much anymore. It's refreshing and makes a vacation a vacation. Tropical Shores was located at a perfect spot, close to everything we wanted to do. The pool was simple, clean and cool. The short little walk to Crescent Beach is pleasant and the beach is gorgeous. We were able to walk down every evening to watch the sunset. It was all so easy. Everything was well maintained and beautiful. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect stay! This was our second stay (our first 2007) and you have gained our loyalty. I would definitely recommend Tropical Shores to family and friends. It is so nice to stay at a privately owned resort instead of a chain. All these nice perks were never available to us anywhere else and it makes the stay! Five stars from the Sears family.

Lori Sears
Columbus, Ohio

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I noticed that there are a few bathrooms that do not accommode toiolettries because of lack of counter space in the bathroom. I reccommend buying a shoe hanger bag to hold all of your goodies! Works exctremely well on cruises, too!!!!

Reviewed 14 June 2010

I adore this resort!!! It was perfect for me and my family.. The beach is beautiful!! It was so relaxing. The room was so cozy and beds are the best of any other resort/hotel I have stayed at. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 14 June 2010

I did a lot of research to book our anniversary vacation. This motel was absolutely LOVELY!!!!!!!!!! The staff were especially hospitable. Our room was spacious and clean. The bed can't be beat! It was like a magnet! Our room # was 154. The reason I mention is that not all rooms were like ours. Some had older furniture and carpet.The photo on their website looks exactly like our room. If you're planning on making icey drinks, bring your blender, it was the only thing lacking in the kitchen. Also, request an extra bath mat to put on either side of the bed so you can wipe your sandy feet off. You may think you got it all, but it sticks like glue and would feel terrible for someone with a sunburn!!! The distance to the beach was a tiny walk...and what a beach! The sunsets were gorgeous! If you're lucky, you'll see the dolphins frolicking in the ocean. Now for restaurants...right accross the street is Captain Curt's. Great for fish and chips! Also directly accross is City Pizza which was really yummy. They do NOT skimp on their toppings!! We went to the north end a few times. We had frozen concoctions at the Dacquiry (sp?) Deck which helped save us from heat stroke. We went to The Old Salty Dog for lunch...if you like grouper, don't order it here. It's not fileted well and therefore tastes very fishy. Cafe Gabbiano is not to be missed. It's so romantic and the food is incredible. I'm still dreaming of the carbonara! Down toward the south end is Turtle Bay Pub. A little dive with delicious food! Try the chicken quesadilla during Happy Hour (3-6 I think).

3  Thank erinleagh
#9 of 12 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 51 in Sarasota

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!