“excellent stay !!”

Tropical Beach Resorts
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Stayed for our 34th anniversary. Resort personnell were friendly and helpful. Room was small but served it's purpose, would not recommend the Sara Sea rooms for people who are spending a lot of time in the room. Perfect location for the beach !!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Tr0picalSun, General Manager at Tropical Beach Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2010

We are always delighted to read that another recent guest had a fantastic time staying with us! Sara Sea offers three room types that can be viewed on our web site. The destination and boutique offer a more generous floor plan and are spacious in design. The hideaway is featured as our smallest room type and we would gather our recent guests stayed in the hideaway. This floor plan offers the same amenities as the other room types to include a full kitchen with granite tops and stainless steel appliances, wall mounted flat panel TV, DVD, ipod docking stations, cool tile floors, glass enclosed walk in shower, pillow top bedding with white fluffy duvets, and more. However, the actual space is compact and ideal for a short stay offering an affordable option for travelers that want a great location at a fantastic price! We would agree that the hideaway is not the best option for a longer stay.. but the boutique or destination would be perfect and are suggested for stays of more than a couple nights.

Reviewed 19 July 2010

We have never visited the Siesta Key area before but from the moment we arrived, I was very pleased! The area itself is nice and laid back...a perfect spot for families. We booked the only 2 bedroom suite at the resort and fell in love with it immediately. It was bright and spacious enough for the 4 of us and the full kitchen came in handy!! The grounds were well maintained and had a very tropical feel to them. The short walk to the beach was great and the service was impeccable! We didnt want to leave and will definitely be returning as soon as we possibly can!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank paris398
Reviewed 18 July 2010

The Room was amazing, the maid services was fantastic, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.....Plus amazing beach, gas BBQs .....I could go on forever about all the great stuff. Considering Me and my Girlfriend had just finished a amazing week in Disney world, this was the prefect place to relax.......We will be back!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We have stayed at the various resorts within Tropical Shores and stay nowhere else when on Siesta Key. Location is within walking distance of many restaurants and short walk to beach. Quiet and yet full of activities - highly recommend to any family looking for great vacation spot.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I traveled to siesta key and wanted to find the perfect place. I found it at the Sara Sea Resort. The place is of a nostalgic style where you pull up to the front door of your room making it just as in my youth going to the beach motels. However this place has been totally redone new with everything of the highest quality and all the appointments. The room is silent of outside noise including the AC unit. The furnishings were very nice and the bed was comfy. I had an efficiency with everything I needed to have breakfast in and also used the BBQ in the common area to make a few dinners.
While not right on the beach itself the Sara Sea location to the beach is great, about 150 ft from one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. There is also a pool, not luxurious but very nice. With such a nice beach I only used the pool for a quick dip at the end of the day. There is a store, bar and restaurant within walking distance.
I rated everything about the Sara Sea as excellent except the lobby and value. The lobby is a little small and so if many people are checking in/out or hanging around asking questions it can be a little hectic. Also, I felt the nightly rates are creeping up a little high as this "Gem" has been discovered, but I booked anyway because the place is just that great and to their credit I feel happy to have gotten into the place as it is small and books up. This is the place to stay in Siesta Key, very romantic and easy to relax. I am going back for sure and I know we will enjoy it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

What a great find!!!
I found the perfect place at the Sara Sea resort. The style was nostalgic, motel like all resorts of my youth but totally redone new to the highest quality with great appointments. I had a comfy bed and an efficiency kitchen. It was really great to pull my car right to the room’s front door. The room was quite including the AC unit. Having the kitchen was great and furnished so that I cooked a few meals using the BBQ in the common area and had breakfast in the room. While not directly on the beach, the location to the beach is really close and a shorter walk than if I were at a bigger resort. There is a pool but nothing fancy, however with such a great beach I didn’t use the pool except for a quick dip at the end of the day.
I rated the service as average only because you don’t need anything from the staff except to check in and out and the office is small so if very many people are checking in and out is can get crowded.
The room was really clean and nicely furnished with everything I needed. There are three properties that make up the resort. I have stayed at both the Sara Sea and the Tropic Sun. I am going back to the resort soon.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Decided to do a last-minute trip out to the West Coast whilst staying in Orlando and happened to come across this place. Luckily we got their last available room and we were glad that we did!

We had the one bedroom suite and it was immaculately clean, spacious, functional and quite luxurious. There was everything you could possibly need, including a full kitchen, breakfast bar and sitting area. There were two flat screen TV's and the bed was very comfortable. Good shower although the bathroom was quite small in comparison to the size of the suite.

You could order a breakfast to be delivered to your room and although we didn't bother to, the menu was mouthwatering and very inexpensive!

The receptionist couldnt have been more friendly and helpful.

Overall very highly recommended for a stay in Siesta Key!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 50 in Sarasota
The Capri at Siesta
The Capri at Siesta
#2 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Tropical Beach Resorts? Share your experiences!