“Key Lime Pie Martini done right!”
Review of Blase Cafe

Blase Cafe
Ranked #25 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This place really isn't much. Just a small martini bar and café in Siesta Key village. They have a small outdoor porch and play music off of a stereo inside, with occasionally having live music outside. It's quaint and comfortable and generally filled with the typical Sarasota retirees and 50+ crowd with a mix of some slightly younger (40's) and a few 30 some year olds.

However, they play fun music on the stereo and the bartenders are terrific. You also can't beat the prices or the taste of the martinis. I realize my first paragraph is not a glowing review, but lets be honest, you go to a martini bar for the martinis. And if it's comfortable with a friendly crown, good bartenders, and fantastic martinis, then who cares if it's not a glitzy bar.

Blasé is great because its a terrific place to relax and the martinis are awesome. I love their Key Lime Pie and their Chocolate Martini. My girlfriend and I had a couple more besides those, but those are the ones I remember.

And hey, watching 50+ year olds dance to top 40 playing on the stereo after they've had a few martinis is always entertaining.

By the way, they do serve food, but I haven't eaten here, so I can't address eating.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Experienced really excellent food and drink in this establishment. Option of dining indoors or out is a perk in sunny Siesta Key.

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Food was delicious! I had the filet in Gorgonzola sauce and a cup of the bisque soup. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

The reviews of this restaurant surprise me! I got a dirty martini and was very pleased (paid 2 x more the next night for one that was terrible). We ordered all appetizers and have been craving everything we ate since we left. The shrimp Gorgonzola is rich and a must-have. The mussels were also perfection. The service was very pleasant and attentive. We went at 830 on a Friday and surprisingly didnt even have to wait for a table outside!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Great beverage menu, good appetizers and always live entertainment. Fun hang out! Small and quaint with outdoor and indoor seating.