“Brunch”

Ophelia's on the Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Ophelia's on the Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Price range: US$27 - US$39
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Stickney Point Road
Description: Ophelia's on the Bay is one of Sarasota's premier fine dining waterfront restaurants. Enjoy beautiful vistas of Little Sarasota Bay, from the floor-to-ceiling windows that line the dining room. Or join us for al fresco dining on our open-air patio, as the dolphins and manatee swim by. Winner of many awards both locally and nationally, including an Excellence rating from Zagat as well as being listed as the number one restaurant in America in Power and Motoryacht Magazine for dock and dine. Ophelia's on the Bay has also been voted most romantic, best waterfront and best restaurant with a view by its loyal customers. The menu changes nightly using fresh and seasonal ingredients, fresh fish flown in from all over the world and specialty meats. There is certainly something for every palate! We feature an extensive wine list, specialty martinis, as well as a full bar. Family owned and operated for over 27 years, we have an experienced staff that prides itself on exemplary service.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Let me start by admitting we have dined here a number of times. Both for dinner and brunch. We have had mixed experiences with dinner, both good and bad. Once where the crepes were noticably charred and admittedly served anyway.. A no no for any fine reataurant. For that reason only I didn't give it a five. However, the Brunch cannot be beat. The freshness, variety and preparation is outstanding. Though we have not dined in all locations, I would challenge any establishment to equal what Ophelia's does on Sunday morning for $27. Truly amazing..

1  Thank Watergate18D

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a wonderful dining experience at Ophelia's. The food, the view, the service were outstanding. Nice to find fine dining without having to leave Siesta Key. We'll definitely return on our nex visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were absolutely thrilled to find a fine dining establishment with excellent food and a lovely view in Siesta Key. During dinner we sat outside and watched the beautiful sunset. Everyone in our party enjoyed their dinners (lamb, scallops, duck, lobster). Our server, Donald, was outstanding and even took a few pictures for us after dinner. Plus we appreciated that the restaurant had a coupon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I chose Ophelia's for our wedding anniversary celebration. The food was fresh, innovative and delicious. Our waiter,Bill, was the best. He pointed out certain dishes from apps to entrees thru dessert. He was knowledgeable about the food he was offering and very personable. It didn't hurt that the restaurant brought us two glasses of champagne as a gift for our patronage and for celebrating our anniversary with them.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We took my parents here to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. I had made reservations months in advance, confirmed the exact table I wanted, checked in with the restaurant weekly to make sure everything was perfect. Get to the restaurant and they said that they did not have a reservation and tried to seat us inside. Needless to say, I went a little nuts on the manager. Restaurant was packed but they managed to have the table I ordered with a reserved sign on it. I inquired about it and they said that a regular had made a last minute reservation, so they had given our table away. Not very nice of them. Needless to say our party of 7 proceeded to have a pretty remarkable dinner. Outside of the waitstaff, the food was excellent. They tried to rush us through the meal. I'm guessing to accommodate their regular. I made that impossible for them to do. Ordered multiple pre dinner drinks. Then apps and ate them extremely slow, ordered salads, same thing. Etc etc. Then ordered another bottle of wine after entrees were done and prior to ordering desserts. Then came the after dinner night caps. Lol. Management was fuming. In the end, I spent big money that night. It was a celebration. Too bad management wasn't in a celebratory mood. I told them all money is green, weather it's regular or not. I may return again just to screw around with them. That is, if I'm not already banned from the restaurant. I love those 3-4 hour dinners on the water in Siesta Key. It was Geourgios. Why would anyone want to rush through a meal.

5  Thank Eatthisnow