“Cottages with lots of character, right next to beach, shops and restaurants”
Review of Beach Palms

Beach Palms
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My family spent four lovely nights here while I was in the area for work and wished we could have spent longer. The cottages at Beach Palms are among the few places amid all the modern condos and hotels of Siesta Key with a bit of character and charm. Although small, they are light (the pictures on the website do not do them justice) and make good use of the space available. They are also just a stone's throw from the beach and one or two minute's walk from the shops and restaurants of Siesta Village, which meant that my wife and daughter were not stuck in the middle of nowhere when I took the car away during the day. Although the sea was too cold for swimming, the big shared hot tub provided a great place for my daughter to paddle around in.
We were originally nervous about staying here due to some of the more negative reviews below, but found the place perfectly clean and the management very helpful and flexible. The cottages are certainly not brand spanking new, but to my mind, that's part of the appeal: they have the feel of an old-fashioned beach house, rather than a cookie-cutter hotel room or condo.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank EdMcB

Reviewed 22 December 2010

Had to ask for a blanket (none in the unit); new CD player (didn't work), toilet paper (one roll left for 3 people for a week stay). I cleaned the filthy faucet in the bathroom-couldn't stand to look at it, and I'm not a clean freak. Shower liner ripped open on the end; the housekeeper repaired it. My daughter complained about the lack of internet connection (supposedly included).An outlet cover was missing in the bedroom- we didn't have small kids or pets with us, so it was just unattractive. My husband disliked the small bathroom. The manual can opener didn't work. We weren't expecting a top notch place, but having prepaid for the week, expected everything should have been in working order. Seems like the owners like to spend time with other things.
The location was good, however the street is not as nice as the one on the other side of the village, two blocks away. There are other properties close to the beach; in the future I would check those.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank 37thgetaway
Management response:Responded 5 January 2011

We are a small beach resort with historical Island Cottages on the Beachside of
Siesta Key Village; laid-back comfort with high emphasis on quality to truly enjoy
the island life. Thank you, “Milwaukee guest”, for your positive criticism. We and
our long-term guests love our perfect little spot by the beach; however, it appears
that “Milwaukee guest” does not appreciate this side of the village and also
especially in their review dislikes that the owners are spending time with other things…. We wonder what this critic means? Had the customer expressed their dissatisfaction directly to us, instead
of taking revenge this way, their stay would have been so much more enjoyable. The free-of-charge
high-speed internet connection works perfectly with the provided cable. We immediately provided three spare blankets due to the unusual cold spell in Florida and the unfortunate local power failure. We apologize that the customer had to ask to exchange the malfunctioning CD player, which of course was exchanged right away. Additionally, we exchange and replenish toiletries, linens and towels ongoing and on demand. We did ask the customer if everything was fine and provided several suggestions for sightseeing and restaurants, etc. We apologize that the housekeeper missed cleaning the faucet spotlessly and forgot to replace the missing blanket. We wonder why they did not ask us to clean the faucet, provide them with toilet paper and repair the outlet cover… ? We would have taken care of these items immediately, absolutely! The housekeeper was extremely busy with change over on that arrival day, which is not an excuse, but an incentive for us to strive more and better for perfection now and in the future to make and keep the Beach Palms of Siesta Key Village the perfect little spot on Siesta Key Beach.
The bathroom is indeed small as these are protected historical fishermen’s cottages. Thank you for your understanding, continuous appreciation and patronage to the Beach Palms.

Reviewed 18 December 2010

I'm a musician who travels often, especially in Europe these days - but my work brought me to St. Petersburg recently. A close friend recommended that I stay in Siesta Key because it's not too far away, and she mentioned Beach Palms as being a really lovely resort for a week's stay. I had a quick look on the website, and the Virtual Tour basically summed it up for me. The location was a huge positive (its vicinity to the water and village, etc.). I booked with the owners and their son, who were very friendly and warm. It's a small business, which I really like. The food in the village was varied and always good, and the white sand beach was special. Beach Palms was an ideal place, too; clean, accommodating, and it actually felt like home away from home. Many thanks for the wonderful stay, and I'm sure I'll visit again soon.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank discovia
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I am so glad that I ignored the one or two bad reviews of Beach Palms. I was worried it wouldn't be clean, etc. because some of the things a guest said. This place was immaculate--charming and very unique. We stayed in the Pink Cottage, and my two young boys absolutely loved it (doesn't that tell you something :) It's by far the best location in Siesta Key--easy walking distance to the beach (half block), and restaurants/stores about a block in the other direction. Despite this, it was very quiet and tranquil. The kitchen had EVERYTHING, and beach equipment was also available. The owners are incredibly friendly and accommodating. The beds had big soft comforters and were very comfortable. I can't think of one complaint a person could have about this place. We'll definitely return next year.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank teacherlady2
Reviewed 16 October 2010

This was our second trip to Siesta Key and our first stay at the Beach Palms. We stayed in one of their suites for 7 nights and thought it was perfect. It was clean, well laid out and had everything you would need for an extended stay. The owners are very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed mornings on the patio with our coffee and I even spent an hour or so one afternoon in a hammock next to our suite. What we liked most was it's location. Just a short walk across the street and you're on one of the nicest beaches you'll ever find. Sand chairs and umbrella are provided (we brought our own beach towels). White powdered sugar sand and warm clear water. We would spend a few hours enjoying the beach then leave our chairs and umbrella for a short walk into town for lunch and a tropical drink at one of the many restaurants and then return to our chairs for the remainder of the afternoon. At night you are again just a short one block walk to the Siesta Key Village with it's many restaurants, pubs and night life. We are definitely planning on staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2010

This is our second time visiting Siesta Key and we stayed for 6 nights. It took me two days to completely decompress from my high pressure, big-city life and settle into a languid routine with my child. The accommodations are quaint and simply perfect. The owners know what are the essentials for a relaxing vacation. The kitchen was well-equipped for all of our "vacation cooking" needs. Mornings always started with a run/walk along the beach. We ate all meals outside in our private, fenced-off area that faced the beach. There are restaurants in abundance and in walking distance. There is also a well-stocked grocery store and a full service pharmacy so a rental car is not necessary. This is the perfect place to stay for a completely relaxing vacation. We plan to make Siesta Key a regular excursion and we would not think to stay anywhere else but Beach Palms!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stayed 10 days at the little yellow cottage and wished it had been longer. We had a super holiday at Siesta Beach. We were on the beach each morning at 7.30 as it took two minutes walking to reach the beautiful white sands.We saw the dolphins every morning for the first week, what an experience. We had a B/Q breakfast at our little cottage each morning when we returned from the beach. It was very peaceful, we felt we had privacy even although there was another cottage on each side of us. The cottage was quite quaint making a lovely change. The village was a two minute walk where you could get most provisions.Jorge our host was very helpful on arrival and so nice to talk to, he was a lovely man. We live in Scotland and hope to return as it was worth the long journey.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family