“wonderful Vacation Spot”
other travellers have booked this property
Pier and Beach Pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Pier and Beach
Pool
Building
Pool from the condo balcony
private beach
Private Beach
Private Beach 2
Bedroom 1
Bedroom2
Living room
Kitchen
Living room with leather couch
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
jean D
“WORST EVER”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in May 2018

We arrived after receiving and e-mail from the owner telling us not to talk to the neighbors, and to call the police if they or anyone knocks on the door. Once we got in, we looked around, opened windows to get some fresh air( air conditioner was off). Screens fell off the tracts of the sliders ( the ones that would open, many could not), the blinds fell of the tracts and the shutters fell of the tracts in the master bed room . I emailed the land lord right away, who told me to see if I could fix them!!~ NO~ I'm on vacation! the film on the windows we peeling, there was tape on the front door around the door itself, holding it together. HAIR in the two bathrooms , sand on the floors and who knows what on the beds..
The kitchen was orderly, slider to the balcony would not open, but ok....
A strange thing on the wall in the living room, like a camera was mounted on the wall, had no light so we were not too concerned. But it was weird. Cockroaches appeared on the third day of our stay, that probably happens, but the ones in the kitchen were very big, we opted to not report this, since the landlord would probably ask me to get rid of them.
When we left, I cleaned up, no where was there a list of what was expected, but I did clean , swept and left a note for the "cleaning crew" of what we had found, ( Hair, broken screens, broken blinds and shutters , cock roaches etc) When i returned home I got a bill for the damages to the blinds and shutter and an accusation of breaking the security system.. remember the camera???
Trip advisor is holding my security deposit, and when ever I contact them they don't have record of the claim, yet they send me e-mails telling me there is a claim.. the landlord has not answered my calls or e-mails... THIS IS A WEIRD SCAM...... I WOULD NOT STAY THERE AGAIN < NOR WOULD I RECOMMEND IT....

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
16 Jun 2018
This review was initiated by the Tenant because they had to pay for the damages they made. No prior tenant has ever complained about any of these items because the Tenant's statements above are not true.

This Tenant is now writing about issues here that never happened, and the emails between us prove that her claims here are not true.

I never asked her to not talk to or answer the door to the neighbors.

Screens and blinds only fall off if one tears them out with full force. Air conditioner was on and working; the Tenant just needed to lower the temperature on it.

My emails to the Tenant clearly prove this Tenant is willfully writing misleading facts. When Tenant wrote me an email telling me about the blinds, I wrote her that I can send someone there to fix them. This Tenant wrote me that she does not want anyone coming because she is on vacation.

According to my cleaner, everything was cleaned well, and there was no hair or sand.

The kitchen's balcony slider works and is checked periodically.

I do not understand what camera she is writing about.

Tenant was only charged for breaking the shutter rail.

I always answered Tenant's calls and e-mails quickly - emails prove the same.

Tenant is false in calling this a "scam" of any sorts, and we have evidence to prove it otherwise.
Sandra D
“wonderful Vacation Spot”
Reviewed 1 July 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

I could not believe how close this is to everything we wanted to do! It was quiet and serene! Sunsets were amazing, just around the corner and short walk to a cute little beach. Every thing was perfect. Joe is a great person to rent from. He will get back to you quickly with any questions.Beautiful pool. A short walk to Siesta Key Village, where we walked to everyday for breakfast lunch or dinner. Probably my best beach vacation ever! Thanks Joe for allowing us to stay, it was awesome.I think about it almost everyday and want to go back!

Your age range 65+
K4472HXri...
Keystone
“Siesta key is great but I wish i could say the same for this place”
Reviewed 8 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at this unit for 8 weeks. Had we not paid in advance I wouldn't stayed here 8 hours.

The good points:
None. Actually that's not totally true; the neighbors are really very friendly and the bathrooms were okay.

Bad Points:
1. The beach shown in the picture is actually a strip of sand about 8 feet wide (at low tide) and dirty. It is in-between 2 concrete fishing piers and the water becomes deep very quickly.There is a better beach right next store but it is reserved and posted for Sandy Cove I. Unfortunately, this unit is in Sandy Cove III. To get to a real beach you must walk through town about .6 miles (or drive). Make sure you get to the beach parking before 10:30 during in-season and weekends. It is a really nice beach,
2. It is true that you are a short distance from Siesta Key villiage which is very nice. The bad news is that because you are on the outter edges of the village, cars and motorcycles leaving the village speed up and rev their engines when leaving are very loud most of the evening. the unit faces the road and has two large sliding glass doors so there is little noise protection. Particularily during peak seasons and weekends the noise is very disruptive.
3. The washer and dryer are located in another building and are coin operated.
4. The furniture in the living room is very uncomfortable. It consists of a futon that is the couch and two wood/cishion chairs that are equally uncomfortable.
5. The beds are extremely uncomfortable.
6.Lighting is not the greatest throughout the unit. Bring your glasses and reading lights
7. Pool is nice but not heated. So using it in January and February might not work for everyone.
8. The galley kitchen consists of a 700 watt microwave, an oven and range top that were filthy, a three switch plate for two switches(leaving an open spot that was covered with scotch tape) and a dirty refrigerator with a broken ice maker.
9. There is a small balcony overlooking the pool but there is no balcony furniture.
10 All furniture in this unit reminds me of dormitory pieces.
11. If you like watching TV in the bedroons there were a cable outlets, but no TV's. If there is a small 21 inch TV there we left it at the owners request. Also, an iron without an ironing board.

Should you decide to rent this unit make sure you take pictures (or even videos) of the entire unit (walls in particular) when you arrive. It might not help you get all your security deposit back but without this evidence you will most assuredly kiss your money good-bye.

And don't depend on Flipkey to help you. If the owner says to Flipkey you incurred additional damage they will give him whatever money he wants based on his word alone. They are the owners representative; regardless of what they say.

Even though we took great care to maintain this unit we still lost $290 of the $600 deposit sley based on the owners allegations.

If you are smart you should reconsider staying here.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 May 2015
This review was initiated by the Tenant due to revenge because they had to pay for the damages they made.
These Tenants from the beginning they never complaint and they were happy about everything.
They stayed there for 2 months.
When we first showed the Tenant the pictures for the damages in our condo, they didn't deny it, but they were not willing to pay. So, after making claim to Flipkey with over 20 pictures and invoices, before and after, they left our condo FlipKey deducted the damages from their deposit.
This is deeply unfortunate that this Tenant than decided to give us bad review due to revenge which didn't reflect the facts.

1. All Sarasota beaches, by the Sarasota law, are public properties 10 feet from the water line. Therefore there is no reserved beach for Sandy Cove I. Consequently that about 100 yard long beautiful beach can be used by anyone. The big 7 mile long Siesta Beach is minutes walking through the Siesta village.
2. There are very few times when noise can be heard from the road, like from purposely made laud motorcycles. That everyone will heard it from 0.5 miles away also.
3. The furniture in the living room were fine, till this Tenant damage them, but we recently change them to a new ones.
4. The beds are fine. Most people said had wonder time sleeping there.
5.Lighting are fine. It is a home where people want to be relaxed and enjoy vacation and not to be in an office.
6. The galley kitchen appliances are fine, till this Tenants damage them, but we recently change it to a new range top
7. There is a small balcony overlooking the pool and there are furniture there too. Need to take them from the closet to outside since they are not stored outside all the time due to possible wind and etc.
8. All furniture in our condo are fine and quality products till this Tenants damage them.
9. If you like watching TV in the bedroons there were a cable outlets and TV.

Most of our Tenants are very happy staying in our condo, nice people and not looking for making damages to our condo.
claravaug...
Glasgow, Kentucky
“close to everything”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

all people are going to take this one way or the other .we wasnt looking for a fancy place with wifi and all of that because u are on vacation . and its a time to enjoy . not stay on ur facebook page. the condo wasnt fancy but it was cozy . it was clean . it had the pool right next to us . we was in walking distance to the private beach which we loved. and enjoyed everyday did see dophins and the cow in the water dont know what its called but it was hugh in the water while we where on the pier . yes we tried fishing which is free . and then the walk to the village we loved and did that numberous times.now the public beach is a little farther. but it depends on if u want to be where the crowd is.all in all we had a great time and would we go back in a heart beat.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: private beach and the village and the pool
Liked least: mattress's and the steps u have to go up to the condo but it was good exercise
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the pier and the beach
Liked least: had to go home after vacation was over
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
tarabraun
Howard City, Michigan
“The condo was clean and had many amenities of home.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I had a wonderful experience at the condo. The only things I did not like was the limit on the time that children can be in the pool. The Children could only be in the pool from 11am to 1pm and then from 4pm to 6pm. This really cut down on the time my children could use the pool as we were often gone most of the day. However, this was not set by this condo owner but by the condo association. The condo itself was very nice, it was clean, had plenty of dishes, and lots of room.

Travelling group: Young Children
Older travelers
22 Jul 2014
Yes, renters like to have the key to be accessed easier. Our years of concern is that if our staff can meet the renter than there will be more personal communication and the future possibility of problems can be avoided. For example, years ago someone rented our condo for 7 people and they brought 40 people into our condo for seven days which caused very serious problems to everyone. This could have been avoided if the keys were handed by a person. So, now we prefer to hand the keys to the renters.
The swimming pool rules are made by our conservative association. I have younger kids who wished to be in the pool most of the time, but we have to follow the rules.
We are glad that the renters having wonderful time in our condo and enjoying the beach and the village which are all in short walking distance.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing