“Nice place to stay but faults with room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Capri at Siesta

The Capri at Siesta
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice place to stay but faults with room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed in room 102 and found it disappointing. Although The Capri seemed one or perhaps the best place on Sarasea Circle, the room let it down.

Room 102 faces onto the road so minimal privacy and the aircon unit to adjoining units is right outside your front door and noisy. You really don't want to sit outside to relax.

More significantly the aircon was malfunctioning and was repaired twice during our visit. First time it was pouring water down the wall and all over the floor, second time the room was misting up and water dripping out the corner of the unit. They knew about issues with the aircon so not much excuse for this early in the season.

Worst of all the floor in the room was absolutely filthy (although rest of room clean). They even mopped it after the aircon leak, but walking from the shower to the dresser would leave my feet black - we ended up putting shoes on straight out the shower.

If it wasn't for the location, near to the busy but lovely beach, I would be rating it poor.

Wish we'd pay the extra and stayed up at Longboat Key, or just been luckier with the room.

Room Tip: Avoid 102, this is the front of the building facing the road and has a noisy aircon unit right outsi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Boombang
The_Capri, General Manager at The Capri at Siesta, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire hotel team, we are very sorry your total experience was not superior.
We do totally take responsibility for the AC unit needing repair. In our defense though, we had a professional serviceman there 3 times before it was completely repaired. Each time I was told the problem was fixed. It was a brand new unit (only 6 months old). We can only trust a professional to take care of these sorts of things. If we had another unit available, we would gladly have moved you, but we are limited to only our 10 rooms and were sold out.
I do apologize that the dampness in the room was causing the floor to be attractive to sand.
Being located so close to the beach, I'm sure everything you came in with stuck to the floor.
I wish you had told us of this problem, I would have had housekeeping there every day to re-mop for you.
As far as the AC units being loud, this is honestly the first time I have ever heard that. They are all new and well kept. I am sure they make some noise, as all AC units do.
Many people love room 102 because it IS on the front of the building and not facing the center courtyard. That is totally a personal preference.
In summation, we do strive for every guest to have an exceptional experience. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied. I hope you will give us another try if you get back to our area because this was an isolated incident.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we can only grow from each experience.
Happy traveling!
Becky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We planned a last minute trip and boy am I glad we found this place! The Capri was better than I expected: pure relaxation. The room was great but the sitting area outside with grills was perfect. The walk to the beach was short and so worth it. Wish we could've stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Travel12866
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Capri is a wonderful, quiet resort that is perfect for relaxing. It's really close to pretty much everything you need. We walked everywhere we wanted to go. I was really impressed with how clean our room was given how difficult the sand is to clean up. The staff was really welcoming and helpful. The beach was absolutely amazing! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Npfaff01
Ipswich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

The Capri is a 2-minute walk from the beach so perfect for the daily sunset gathering. The beach is fantastic - rated as one of the best beaches in the USA and I can see why. It goes on and on, so if you're into long walks on powder soft sand (who isn't?), you're in for a treat. The staff were very friendly and helpful (there's no one there at night, but that wasn't a problem). Our room was comfortable and spacious, with everything you need for self-catering. There's a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants within a 5-minute walk (including "The World's Best New England Clam Chowder" from Captain Curt's - I had some, it was great) and downtown Siesta Key is a 5-minute drive away. We only had 2 nights in Siesta Key, but it was a lovely, relaxed visit - we would've loved to have stayed longer!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard W
Tavares, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Spacious, clean,quite, close to the beach, but away from the crowds, excellent mattress and full kitchen facilities. What more could you ask for. Shared pool, no problem. Parking a bit of a problem, but tolerable.

Room Tip: All rooms are essentially the same.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 369Disgusted
buffalo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights in villa 108 with my daughter and husband, and was overall very pleased. The property isn't misrepresented in any way. We arrived very late and getting into the villa wasn't an issue even though the office was technically closed. Becky was very helpful and available, even after hours (we didn't need her for anything, but it was nice to know if we did, we could call her!).

The property is not directly on the beach, you do have to walk down the private drive for beach access, and it's asphalt/road so you will need shoes. The private drive has multiple resorts on it, but that wasn't a negative thing, just a surprise to me. The resort is also on the end opposite of the village, so you may want to consider that if planning to walk everywhere. You can get free rides in siesta key, so it isn't a big deal. (Many folks have cool golf carts and such that they use to pick up and shuttle people all around the key). You can rent a bike or scooter as well, we always do both and did again this time (get your thighs in shape before you go back and forth to the village a few times per day by by bicycle, that's a tip I wish someone gave me).

You can rent chairs, umbrellas, kayaks and more directly on the beach and charge them to your room. Be sure to bring your room key and be sure to rent your chairs and umbrellas right at 9 when they open- by 9:30, there was no more room and people were turned away :(.

The laundry room on the property has a trunk full of beach toys and items, and my daughter was so happy to have a net. And I was glad I didn't have to buy all those beach necessities. You can do your laundry after 5pm in the resort laundry room as well.

The common area is wonderful and my favorite part of the resort. There are numerous cozy places to sit, the landscaping is superb, and there are grills if you want to cook. Many guests grilled out and had dinner and wine outside and it's spacious enough everyone is comfortable.

Full kitchen allowed me to eat my leftovers I couldn't leave behind, and to have snacks and drinks on hand. Bathrobes, DVDs, loads of area information, including local menus, are all provided in your villa. Tommy Bahama bath products are provided too. The rooms are compact but not unbearable. We did have to move the kitchen table to pull out the sofa bed, and then crawl over the bed to get out the door, but it really isn't an issue or a drawback, just a notation.

This resort is one of the very few that does not have an awful mandatory stay of 5 or 7 days, that's priceless to me because I travel several times per year to siesta key, but never for more than 5 days because of my schedule. Also, there is no daily resort fee, internet is included, and there is no exit cleaning fee.

I will definitely stay here in the future as it's now in my list of SK favorites, and would recommend it whether you're solo, a family, on business or a girls getaway.

Job well done Capri at Siesta!

Room Tip: 108 is a corner room and near the laundry room and ice machine
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank KeyGypsy
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Capri. It is well appointed but no frills. The outdoor patio area makes you feel like you are not a part of a multi resort area. the walk to the beach is short but is definitely not right outside your door. I appreciate that the rooms were very clean, very well decorated and contained just about everything you could think of in terms of a kitchenette. There are two grills outside for visitors. I do not think it is the best place for kids because, if the weather is poor, there is not much for them to do onsite. That said, I noticed many children at the resort...but never heard them. The walls are pretty thick! If I were to visit Siesta Key in the future, I would definitely stay at the Capri.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#4 of 49 in Sarasota
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key

Been to The Capri at Siesta? Share your experiences!