Stayed in room 102 and found it disappointing. Although The Capri seemed one or perhaps the best place on Sarasea Circle, the room let it down.
Room 102 faces onto the road so minimal privacy and the aircon unit to adjoining units is right outside your front door and noisy. You really don't want to sit outside to relax.
More significantly the aircon was malfunctioning and was repaired twice during our visit. First time it was pouring water down the wall and all over the floor, second time the room was misting up and water dripping out the corner of the unit. They knew about issues with the aircon so not much excuse for this early in the season.
Worst of all the floor in the room was absolutely filthy (although rest of room clean). They even mopped it after the aircon leak, but walking from the shower to the dresser would leave my feet black - we ended up putting shoes on straight out the shower.
If it wasn't for the location, near to the busy but lovely beach, I would be rating it poor.
Wish we'd pay the extra and stayed up at Longboat Key, or just been luckier with the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capri at Siesta is a charming boutique beach resort located directly on Siesta Key. With only ten guest rooms we are proud to offer our visitors with a unique and intimate vacation experience with a touch of luxury. Here you’ll find friendly staff, well-appointed guest rooms, and a beautiful tropical setting, only 200 steps to the private access to Crescent Beach.The hotel has been newly remodeled and redecorated inside and out to provide you with a superior quality resort. The heated pool has been fully renovated, including new pavers and deck chairs. All of our guest rooms are furnished with comfortable features like large flat screen TVs and premium Simmons Beauty Rest mattresses and full kitchenettes. Because of the special design of our hotel, our courtyard is totally enclosed, creating a private tranquil retreat that is great for couples or groups. Here you can relax under the shade of tropical trees, surrounded by lush landscaping while you enjoy the soothing sounds of water coming from the fountain. New barbecue grilling equipment and ample outdoor seating allow you to dine in an idyllic setting complete with birdsong and gently swaying palm trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Capri at Siesta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Capri At Siesta Hotel Siesta Key
- Capri International Siesta Key
- Capri International Hotel
- The Capri At Siesta Siesta Key, Florida