“Beware of 2-202”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
Siesta Dunes Beach Condominiums
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Just left 6/1/12. The second day I tried using the Garbage Disposal. It did not work. I called office but they were gone, I left a message. I called Managers number and left a message. Never heard from either. After a day I said I guess I better fix it myself. I removed 2 pieces of foul rubbery like stuff and pushed reset button on bottom of unit. It only hummed. I got a wooden stick and broke it free. Ran disposal with ice to clean.

On Tuesday (arrived on Friday) I went to office and gave them the stuff from disposal (I froze it).
They said you should have told Security. I told them I did and was told call the office.

The people who prepared the unit obviously did not do a proper job.

I have stayed at several other units. This unit had new furniture but it is dark brown, almost black, wood. It makes the unit depressing especially since the upolstery was dark.

I will return to Seista Dunes but not to 2-202. I will also check all equipment first thing. I have been vacationing at Seista Key for over 30 years and have rented at Palm Bay Club and Sarasota Surf & Racquet Club.

Room Tip: Skip unit 2-202
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Bill D

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I've been coming to Siesta Key since I was about 12, now I'm 41. I kinda hope my last day on earth is on the beach at Siesta Key. I found out recently that the Travel Channel actually took Siesta Key's winning sand sample at the beach near Siesta Dunes. I don't doubt it - the moment you walk out to the beach, you know you're in a special place!
I have seen dolphins feeding in the ocean right there, and I saw a manatee swim by once too. I also highly recommend renting the Segways in town, zipping around the beautiful flower filled streets nearby. Also check out all the local theaters in Sarasota and Venice - we've seen Broadway level productions in both places, as well as entertaining community theater.

Room Tip: 5-203 is really nice. If it's not available, you might want to stay in the buildings close to th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Firehawk70
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed at unit 7-103 during Christmas. The unit was very spacious and provided absoultely everything we needed; all cooking equipment, utensils, beach towels, etc. The unit was very clean. 2 bedrooms/2 baths/2 pullout couches, lanai, large dining room table for family meals. The beach is one of the best in the USA and is just steps away. Also great pool and deck with beach chairs provided. Would definitely recommend this place and particularly this unit for family get togethers.

Room Tip: Bldg 1 is right next to the street
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We were planning a last minute trip for spring break and were able to book a one-week stay at Siesta Dunes. I believe they typically have a two week minimum but the week we wanted was landlocked between two other visitors. This condo had great decor and was very well equipped with all that we could want.....only thing we missed was not having an internet connection other than in the little clubhouse. The pictures online don't really do justice to the view that you have from this condo. It was amazing! The proximity to the pool and beach can't be beat. The pool was busy with families and small children but we really didn't have a problem getting a chair. There are also chairs put out daily on the beach and you can rent cabanas by the day.

Room Tip: Be sure you look at the of the actual condo
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jlnjz
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Our condo had a great beachfront location and view. It was spacious, comfortable and well furnished. Some minor wear on furniture, etc. but nothing significant. However, our unit was not cleaned well...for example, when we checked in there was a hair ball behind the couch, mold on the grout in the master bath and our sheets were stained! Although they had clearly been laundered, there were yellow and light brown stains left on the white sheets and when we put on another set those were even worse! Also there were a lot of nitpicky rules posted by the pool which were either not enforced or only enforced randomly. Other "rules", like playing a radio by the pool deck at a normal volume in the afternoon, were not posted anywhere but were enforced. Definitely not a teen or preteen friendly environment! Beautiful beach though and good location but next time we'll try some other condos down the beach which we noticed were better maintained and had a more upbeat atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mimi2212
Reviewed 25 June 2010

From the moment we arrived at the security gate we new something wonderful wasabout to happen. We were greated by lush gardens whichled to a dramatiic ocean front resort. The reception are is very modern and the staff extremely friendly and very helpful (especially Deborah & John). We travelled with two friends and requested two rooms. We were offered to newlt renovated rooms which shared a lounge and kitchen. The deco (west indian style) was stunning an extremely comfortable. The spa area was beautiful but was in the centre of the resort so not as cool as the beach area. The beach and the facilities were extensive and even included fishing rods (a must have in the keys). The staff even helped release your fish carefully and safely. We had a fantasic time and will definetely return.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Second time to Siesta Key but after experiencing ourselves and talking to the locals, there is no doubt whenever we go back from now on it will be right here at the Dunes! We checked in late after business hours but the security guard on duty took care of us, real nice guy, Dan, I believe. Knowing that all condos are a bit different and owned by individuals, I wasn't sure what to expect. Walking into 5-307 was gorgeous, even better than the photos on the website. Waking up and viewing the extremely well kept grounds was beyond our expectations. The weather was cold but they kept us warm with a large saltwater pool and adjacent hot tub. The largest and newest beach deck on the key with 4 large gas grills and of course scenically positioned for those awesome sunsets. There are publix stores all over the place so once situated you can tally what you'll need for weekly supplies. What I loved compared to other condos in the area is that you need not do THEIR laundry prior to leaving, they provide maid service after your departure. We checked out when we needed to but do to late departing flight, we were welcome to enjoy the pool and beach all day, so we did. Can't wait to go back & having been to some ideal Riviera Maya resort locations, I can honestly say Siesta Key holds my heart way above those beaches and services. By the way, teenagers thoroughly enjoyed feeling safe and went into the villiage often on scooters and bikes.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
#5 of 12 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 51 in Sarasota

Been to Siesta Dunes Beach Condominiums? Share your experiences!