My husband and I stayed at Sea Spray resort (unit 7) August 1 to August 12. There is a short walk to the beach, and also a lovely pool area to enjoy. We decided to rent bicycles for the duration of our stay, and we either biked ( a little over 5 minutes to the village) and walk for most of our stay. We also discovered that before you cross the road on the way to the beach, there is a bus stop. There are pamphlets for the bus route on the bus behind the driver's seat, and we were able to use the bus on several occasions. We discovered a Publix grocery store at the end of the route (about 10 minutes), and we were able to buy groceries to cook right there in our unit. In unit 7, where we stayed, there is a full kitchen complete with a microwave, an oven, a full-sized refrigerator and a dishwasher. This saved us some money, as meals for the two of us were about $30.00 every time we ate out. If you are going to be there over the weekend, try to experience the Siesta Key drum circle on Sunday night that begins about 2 hours before the sun goes down. Look for it around the lifeguard stations on the public beach (a nice walk down from the beach at Sea Spray). Bob, the manager was absolutely wonderful. He called us when we landed in Sarasota, and knowing that we had a later flight, told us he would wait for us to get there to give us the keys to our unit. He then showed us around, showing us where the grills were, the pool area, the way to the beach, and the laundry area. Yes, folks! It was wonderful to have a free laundry area to use. Be advised to pick up a bit of detergent while you're at the grocery. Bob was a great resource of places to go and different things that were available to do. There is a nice display with pamphlets right inside the office area of Sea Spray. Bob also let us stay past the check out time, since our unit was not rented to someone else that day. We had a late flight going back, so that left us to enjoy our stay at Sea Spray a little while longer before leaving for the airport. I loved the little walled-in patio that was outside of the bedroom. When we'd come back from the beach, we'd just leave our suits and floaties out on the patio, instead of having them inside the unit (leaving the sand outside). We also would park our bicycles there for safety when we would be gone for a period of time. The patio was my favorite place for sitting and drinking a margarita, while enjoying a good book. If you love to read, check out the used book store in the village. The tropical landscaping of Sea Spray is beautiful, and well-kept. We enjoyed this lovely little resort and are so looking forward to coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the "Sea Spray Resort" ...Just steps to the beach on beautiful Siesta Key... Your source for clean, comfortable and affordable vacation rentals. If you want to enjoy a tropical vacation where you are steps to the beach, walk 3 blocks to the Village for drinks, shopping or dinner, or simply lounge by the pool and bbq, then "Sea Spray Resort" is the place to be! From our tropically landscaped grounds to our granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and turnkey tropical furnishings, you will find your full condo sized accommodations new, clean and relaxing...And we are "Pet Friendly"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your The Sea Spray Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Spray Resort On Siesta Key Hotel Siesta Key
- The Sea Spray Resort Siesta Key, Florida