The Sea Spray Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Tropical Breeze Resort(Siesta Key)
View Hotel
The Capri at Siesta(Siesta Key)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeach towelsmanager bobacross the streetprivate poolbeach accessshort walkfire pitbeach cartsiesta key villagewashers and dryerspool toyswalking distance to the villagehoneymoon suitethe kitchenfree laundrychairs and umbrellasan umbrella
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The layout of the place is really nice. We had our own patio to have meals outside and enjoy the scenery and the weather. Bob was awesome! A+ for customer service! Sea Spray is the only place I would stay on Siesta Key!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank FNZ2DRT
Reviewed 28 August 2011

i lamost do not want to write this review, because i want to keep this gem a secret. my family stayed at Seaspray for a week in August 2011 (Heleconia #2). first of all, my husband was so skeptical of my choice for our family vacation, that while i was making the reservation, he did not want to say "yes" to an extra FREE night. we arrived in Siesta Key, at about 9 o'clock at night. the next morning, as soon as we stepped outside and saw the beach and the property, my husband asked me to speak to Bob to find out whether we could still have that extra night. luckily for us, no one had booked right after. Seaspray is extremely clean, well cared for. kitchen has everything you would need to cook for your family, if you so desired. the village is great; folks are friendly. my kids had an absolutley wonderful time. my 5 yrs old cried when it was time to leave Seaspray and Siesta Key. Bob is a super guy and irreplaceable property manager. looking forward to going back next summer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nateli_11
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Sea Spray resort (unit 7) August 1 to August 12. There is a short walk to the beach, and also a lovely pool area to enjoy. We decided to rent bicycles for the duration of our stay, and we either biked ( a little over 5 minutes to the village) and walk for most of our stay. We also discovered that before you cross the road on the way to the beach, there is a bus stop. There are pamphlets for the bus route on the bus behind the driver's seat, and we were able to use the bus on several occasions. We discovered a Publix grocery store at the end of the route (about 10 minutes), and we were able to buy groceries to cook right there in our unit. In unit 7, where we stayed, there is a full kitchen complete with a microwave, an oven, a full-sized refrigerator and a dishwasher. This saved us some money, as meals for the two of us were about $30.00 every time we ate out. If you are going to be there over the weekend, try to experience the Siesta Key drum circle on Sunday night that begins about 2 hours before the sun goes down. Look for it around the lifeguard stations on the public beach (a nice walk down from the beach at Sea Spray). Bob, the manager was absolutely wonderful. He called us when we landed in Sarasota, and knowing that we had a later flight, told us he would wait for us to get there to give us the keys to our unit. He then showed us around, showing us where the grills were, the pool area, the way to the beach, and the laundry area. Yes, folks! It was wonderful to have a free laundry area to use. Be advised to pick up a bit of detergent while you're at the grocery. Bob was a great resource of places to go and different things that were available to do. There is a nice display with pamphlets right inside the office area of Sea Spray. Bob also let us stay past the check out time, since our unit was not rented to someone else that day. We had a late flight going back, so that left us to enjoy our stay at Sea Spray a little while longer before leaving for the airport. I loved the little walled-in patio that was outside of the bedroom. When we'd come back from the beach, we'd just leave our suits and floaties out on the patio, instead of having them inside the unit (leaving the sand outside). We also would park our bicycles there for safety when we would be gone for a period of time. The patio was my favorite place for sitting and drinking a margarita, while enjoying a good book. If you love to read, check out the used book store in the village. The tropical landscaping of Sea Spray is beautiful, and well-kept. We enjoyed this lovely little resort and are so looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula W
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We only spent one night here for a little weekend get-away and it was well worth it. The unit was clean and very spacious when you compare to a standard hotel room, and the patio had a nice peek-a-boo view of the ocean. It is a short walk across the street to the beautiful beach, and about a ten minute stroll into town. Bob was more than helpful, we were able to check in early, and also check-out later in the afternoon as there were no bookings for our room. This allowed us to spend another wonderful afternoon on the beach without having to worry about our things being left in the car. Bob is more than happy to help with anything, you just have to ask :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The best part of these apartment-style rentals is the location--very close to the beach access and to the shops/restaurants. It's also quiet. Kitchen is remodeled and well stocked. Great mattress and bedding. The sofa was very worn, and a few items were broken in the unit (shower door off track, etc). Also, the website says they provide beach chairs and floats, but the beach chairs and umbrellas were mostly broken. I wish I had brought my own. The private patio felt more like a small prison since it had high walls without any plants--a few bushes or a potted tree would do a lot for it. I also had trouble parking late one night...several other guests had more cars than allowed, and there is no street parking or other options available. The hotel should enforce parking as I drove around for a long time and eventually blocked other guests' cars. Not good but I had no other option. I didn't sleep well that night since I was worried I would get towed.
Go to Anna's Deli for lunch--the sandwiches are fantastic and huge--you can eat half the next day. Several of the restaurants are cash only, so be prepared.

Room Tip: Try for the unit with the pool--it books up early.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends