Let me start off by saying we really enjoyed our stay at the Sea Spray Resort. The property manager Bob was very helpful and extremely nice throughout the whole process. The location is great, close to town but far enough away so you don't hear any noise at night, and while the walk to the beach was a little farther than expected that, once you saw that white sand and clear water it made up for it. We chose to stay in the Starfish #9 unit. We chose this unit because of the private pool which we LOOVVEEEDD. We stayed in the pool pretty much the whole time we were there. The interior of the suite was nice with up to date appliances and a comfy bed. The entire stay was great, except for a couple of little things. Shortly after arriving and settling in, I went to the restroom and noticed that there was something on the lid of the seat, upon further inspection I can only come to the conclusion that it was blood. I had no way of testing it, but it looked like blood and I will attach a picture so you can draw your own conclusions. I know that the unit was cleaned because when we arrived the cleaning lady was in our unit scrubbing away and we actually had to wait a bit before going in. I don't know what happened here, just an oversight I guess. A quick trip to walmart for some rubber gloves and bleach solved the problem, but it did give me a nagging little feeling the rest of the time we were there. Also when we left I had bed bug bites all over my arms. We had stayed at a Hilton in Orlando for a few days before coming to the Sea Spray so I cannot definitively say I received these bites at the Sea Spray but they were there. On a side note and this is NOT a reflection on the property - Siesta Key has absolutely nothing to do except eat and drink and lay out at the pool. No movie theatres, no mini golf, nothing. We were more than ready to leave after three days of drinking wine and playing UNO in our condo. All in all, we would probably stay here again if we were in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the "Sea Spray Resort" ...Just steps to the beach on beautiful Siesta Key... Your source for clean, comfortable and affordable vacation rentals. If you want to enjoy a tropical vacation where you are steps to the beach, walk 3 blocks to the Village for drinks, shopping or dinner, or simply lounge by the pool and bbq, then "Sea Spray Resort" is the place to be! From our tropically landscaped grounds to our granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and turnkey tropical furnishings, you will find your full condo sized accommodations new, clean and relaxing...And we are "Pet Friendly"! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your The Sea Spray Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Spray Resort On Siesta Key Hotel Siesta Key
- The Sea Spray Resort Siesta Key, Florida