“Good stay with a few minor issues...”

The Sea Spray Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Let me start off by saying we really enjoyed our stay at the Sea Spray Resort. The property manager Bob was very helpful and extremely nice throughout the whole process. The location is great, close to town but far enough away so you don't hear any noise at night, and while the walk to the beach was a little farther than expected that, once you saw that white sand and clear water it made up for it. We chose to stay in the Starfish #9 unit. We chose this unit because of the private pool which we LOOVVEEEDD. We stayed in the pool pretty much the whole time we were there. The interior of the suite was nice with up to date appliances and a comfy bed. The entire stay was great, except for a couple of little things. Shortly after arriving and settling in, I went to the restroom and noticed that there was something on the lid of the seat, upon further inspection I can only come to the conclusion that it was blood. I had no way of testing it, but it looked like blood and I will attach a picture so you can draw your own conclusions. I know that the unit was cleaned because when we arrived the cleaning lady was in our unit scrubbing away and we actually had to wait a bit before going in. I don't know what happened here, just an oversight I guess. A quick trip to walmart for some rubber gloves and bleach solved the problem, but it did give me a nagging little feeling the rest of the time we were there. Also when we left I had bed bug bites all over my arms. We had stayed at a Hilton in Orlando for a few days before coming to the Sea Spray so I cannot definitively say I received these bites at the Sea Spray but they were there. On a side note and this is NOT a reflection on the property - Siesta Key has absolutely nothing to do except eat and drink and lay out at the pool. No movie theatres, no mini golf, nothing. We were more than ready to leave after three days of drinking wine and playing UNO in our condo. All in all, we would probably stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AshNC23

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Just returned from 5 wonderful nights at the Sea Spray Resort in the Seashell unit. I"m a list person, so here goes....
Pros:
1.Great location! Tucked away just off of Beach/Ocean Rd. so very quiet and peaceful.
2.Easy, convenient parking just steps away from your door.
3.Friendly, helpful staff even printed out our boarding pass just prior to checkout
4.Easy 10 minute walk to village shops and restaurants. Walked at night and felt very safe.
5.Amazing beach!!!! A short walk (we were told 85 steps) to a more private, definitely less crowded area than near the public beach. PERFECT. Beach chairs provided, first come first served, but we never had a problem getting them.
6.Clean unit with full kitchen with coffee and tea pots, blender, dishes, pots and pans, even some storage containers. Full size stove (not all units have ovens), fridge, microwave, dishwasher and garbage disposal. Dish and dishwasher detergent, dish towel, and paper towels provided. Clean bathroom with linen closet and vanity for storage. Comfortable, clean bedroom, but limited closet space in this unit.
7.Pool area clean with BBQ and hammock. Plenty of shade if desired. Pool toys available.
Cons:
1. Air conditioning unit was noisy, but efficient.
2.Walls were thin, could hear the phone ring and answering machine come on in the office next to us, or talking in a normal voice easily heard.
3.Office staff only available 9-5, but emergency number clearly posted if necessary.
The pros far outweighed the cons, we will definitely be back to stay at the Sea Spray Resort, we loved it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luvthewarmth
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Sea Spray in January. It's an easy walk to shops/food and the beach. It's tucked away from the action so it is relatively quiet. Our 1 bedroom suite (Sandpiper) was well appointed with newer tv kitchen appliances and wicker furniture. My wife, son and I appreciated the space we had and the ability to use the Sea Spray as a well located home base for other activities on Siesta Key and around Sarasotta/Tampa. The staff were informative and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rextremendous
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We enjoyed our month long stay in unit 301. Staff was great and very helpful, room was clean and comfortable. Beach and restaurants just a short walk from resort. Met many friendly people and anxious to return next year. If your looking for an affordable vacation located close to the beach and downtown area, this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank vanhekd
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed here for the month of Feb. 2012 and had a wonderful time. Very clean and well maintained property. The staff was great, especially Josh. Had to fly home in middle of month and they gladly printed my boarding pass for me. Had everything we needed and would recommend to anyone looking for a great place to stay on Siesta Key. Will be back in Feb. 2013!

Room Tip: Any room would be great. We were on the 3rd floor and loved it. No elevator, have to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Since I didn't have a vehicle, I loved the location of this resort. It was a block off beach access #10, a short walk to town and 1 block to a bus stop. I stayed in Unit #203 Egret. A cleaning fee charge is included in the price of the stay for the unit to be cleaned after you leave. The floor in the unit was dirty and I did report this to the office. They had housekeeping come in and clean it. I do feel whoever they hire to clean these units need to do a better job. The toaster was dusty. The bathroom was very clean. I have a bad back thus need a good supporting mattress. The bed they have in the unit is what they call a bahama bed. It's a mattress on a piece of wood - no box spring mattress. That was a concern to me but after being out in the fresh air all day and doing alot of walking, I did sleep quite well. I still think they need to update the bed with a box spring mattress. There was 1 dish towel and it was very worn and should be replaced. The grounds and pool were lovely - very well kept up. Gas grills were around the pool area as well as hammocks. There were washers and dryers available. Also, beach chairs and beach unbrellas are available. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though I encountered a couple of issues, I would definateley stay at the Sea Spray Resort again.

Room Tip: I am not sure if all these units are furnished with bahama beds. If you do have back issues, I woul...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Joan G
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We were extremely fortunate to book a recent stay here on very short notice. Unless you want beachfront, this location can't be beat -- 1/2 block to the Siesta Key beach (and it is just a few hundred feet north of the 'main' beach area, so the beach is slightly less crowded) and only a short walk to the Siesta Key village. The grounds are wonderful, the pool is excellent, gas bbqs are available, it has convenient free parking, and they have everything you need on site (e.g., beach toys, chairs & umbrellas). We would definitely come back.

The only area for improvement is that the units (at least the one we were in) could use some updating and a thorough cleaning. It wasn't "dirty" by any means, but it was a little rough around the edges, and things like the bedspreads, couches and chairs could use recovering and/or replacement.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 51 in Sarasota
Twin Palms of Siesta
Twin Palms of Siesta
#9 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to The Sea Spray Resort? Share your experiences!