The Sea Spray Resort
Captiva Beach Resort(Siesta Key)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$178
Twin Palms of Siesta(Siesta Key)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$290
US$211
US$300
US$228
US$125
Tropical Breeze Resort(Siesta Key)
US$307
US$281
US$175
Travelocity
US$155
All reviewsbeach towelsmanager bobacross the streetprivate poolbeach accessshort walkfire pitbeach cartsiesta key villagewashers and dryerspool toyswalking distance to the villagehoneymoon suitethe kitchenfree laundrychairs and umbrellasan umbrella
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This resort is in the perfect spot, it's walking distance to the beach and the village. The 2/br 1/bath room reminded me of an apartment. The pool & grounds are kept very nice, and they weren't crowded with people or kids. The kitchen was nice and stocked with what we needed & the bathroom towels were clean and super soft.

I only stayed at the resort for 1 night, and I don't think I could of stayed for a long vacation. I am particular when it comes to cleanliness. The doors and door jambs were dirty/grimy, the shower wasn't as clean as it could of ben, and I found a few stains on the sheets. In one room there were a handfull of dead ants on a windowsill that was behind the headboard. Considering I was only spending the night I didn't do much of an inspection. Although, these things stood out to me.

The staff was friendly, and I enjoyed my stay. Like I said before, I wouldn't stay for a long vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keusadilla
SEASPRAYRESORT, General Manager at The Sea Spray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

We appreciate your feedback and make every effort to make sure each unit is sparkling clean. We did have a recent change in cleaning companies around the time of your stay and not all units had yet had a thorough review and cleaning, but they all have at this time.

Whenever we find torn or tattered sheets or towels, we replace them with fresh and new sets for our guests. We want to make sure each guest is happy with their stay here, so never hesitate to contact the front desk with any problem or concern. We continue to upgrade and improve every day, so come visit us again!

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Just stayed in unit #1 (Bird of Paradise) with my family (July 2012). The place was decent, had some pros & cons... I think with just a little bit more attention it could be very good.

Pros
- Josh, the manager, was awesome. He was very helpful, very friendly. He not only helped us with a few requests at the resort itself, but also gave us some great information for the town, where to eat, things like that.
- The location is great - it's a short walk to the ocean in a very private, no crowds at all, part of the beach. It is also just south of the public part of the beach if you want to walk up there (that part of the beach was PACKED when we were there). It's also very close to town - 3/4 mile.
- The unit we stayed in was pretty clean. Don't expect luxury, we didn't, it was definitely sufficient. Had a nice sized kitchen if you wanted to cook, full fridge, bedrooms were big. Living room a little on the small side but adequate for us (family of 5). Bathroom was clean as well, although the shower grouting could use a little more scrubbing - but was fine. No carpeting in the place - which is good. You can't help but track some of the Siesta sand into the unit, so having tiled floors made it easier to clean.
- free washer and dryers (3 sets). When we stayed the place seemed to be less than half full, only a couple of other families, so it wasn't crowded at all. We were always able to get a washer/dryer when we wanted it. I could see it might be harder to get one if the place was fully booked, but it we didn't have an issue.
- supplied beach towels. This was very helpful in that you don't need to pack any. They weren't the most plush towels ever, but were fine.

Cons
- they advertise that they have beach chairs/umbrellas to borrow, and they do but there were hardly any there and what was there were horrible. As I mentioned above, when we stayed the place seemed less than half full. It really seemed like there were 2 other families besides ours. Going out early in the morning there were only at most 7 beach chairs available. All of those beach chairs looked old, rusty... one was broken. Some mornings I was able to get 5 chairs, others other mornings only 1 or 2. If the place was fully booked I imagine we would never have gotten a chair. There were 3 beach umbrellas at most, none of them actually worked they were all broken/ripped. This seems like such an easy thing to fix - buy a bunch of chairs and umbrellas - for each unit, instead of storing them in a common room (maybe store extras in a common area in case you need extras). Or at least buy a bunch of new ones every year, or multiple times a year. This was a big disappointment, because these are things you can't pack yourself if you are flying down. We ended up buying some beach blankets from the local store and sitting on those.
- Pool... we arrived and the pool water was green. It also had some pieces of pool toys and such floating in it (which is probably more of a problem with the other guests not cleaning up after themselves). I assumed the water was salt water or something, since the water was green. My kids refused to go in the pool at all, it really didn't look clean (to Josh's credit, I never complained about the pool, if I did he probably would have done something, he was very attentive to the few things I brought up). The final day of our trip the pool cleaning company came and cleaned the pool. The water was then perfectly clear - not green at all. That disgusted us even more - so the water wasn't green because it was salt water, it was green because it was filthy. And who knows how many chemicals were poured into it to make it clear within an hour... They need to clean that pool more!
- They allow pets. We have pets, and I love animals. There was a family with a dog there when we were there - and this is the family's fault - but the dog would bark at you when you walked in the yard with it. Barked at my kids, the dog's owner didn't seem to care, just let the dog bark at my kids. Dog seemed friendly enough, didn't touch my kids, but it was frustrating to have it barking at my kids as we tried to walk by. I could see if there were more families, with more pets, this would be a bigger problem.
- this didn't affect us at all but was a little disconcerting... the managers are only there during the day. At night, there is no one in the office. They give you a phone number to call in an emergency, and I have to believe someone would come by quickly, but it is more comforting to know there is someone always on site in case you have an issue.

Overall - It was a decent place. Looking around (from the street) at other places near that location, it did seem as good if not better than most of the places. With a little more attention I think it could be much better. I'm also reviewing the Siesta Key beach itself in another post - this is not Sea Spray's fault at all, but it wasn't a great beach. We were going because of the "#1 beach in america" review, and overall positive reviews - but it was not a good beach. We wouldn't go back because of the beach. If the beach was good, I could see us going back, maybe to the Sea Spray, but overall I wouldn't visit again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank dgthompson

We appreciate your feedback as we are always trying to improve our resort. All the items you mentioned have already been addressed, as improvement at the Sea Spray is always our goal. We are even adding beach carts to haul chairs and umbrellas to the beach across the street as an additional service to our guests.
We hope to see you again here at the Sea Spray, and if you ever have a problem, all you have to do is see our front desk and if it can be fixed, it will be done immediately! Thank you for your feedback....

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Perfect location, walking distance to the beach and to Siesta Key Village. Josh is very friendly and helpful. The Sand Dollar Unit # 8 is very clean, spacious and well equipped. Rates are very reasonable. We will come back here in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rey282
SEASPRAYRESORT, Guest Relations at The Sea Spray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with your family at Sea Spray and will be returning in the future. We consider it the highest praise when our guests wish to stay with us again. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed in unit #9, which has it's own private pool. Decent sized pool, no lap swimming or anything, but very nice to cool off in or lounge on the rafts that were provided. Upon check-in we were greeted by the manager/owner (?), who was very nice & gave us a tour of the property, which included another pool & free use of the washer & dryers. The unit was a nice size, clean, with a small oven/stovetop, microwave, coffee maker & fridge. Several a/c units kept the unit cool, although the one in the bedroom was a bit noisy. One of the few faults (and I'm nitpicking at this point), was that there were only 3 spoons & 3 coffee cups, which meant we had to run the dishwasher every night. The location was fantastic, the beach right across the street and Siesta Key Village, with plenty of restaurants & shopping, about a 10 minute walk. The beach (access 10) was also the least crowded, that we could see, the public beach being packed everyday & the beach at the village also very busy, so it worked out great.

Room Tip: Unit #9 has a private pool so book early!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rogueit

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Sea Spray. Unit 9 is one of our most popular, as you mentioned, book early, since it has its own private pool. We will be sure to add some additional coffee cups and spoons to the kitchen per your suggestion. Sorry for the inconvenience. You are right that the beach access closest to Sea Spray is in a perfect location that tends to make it less busy than other areas of gorgeous Siesta Beach…a real plus! Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

We were in Siesta Key from July 19th - 22nd (which was not enough time). We stayed at the Sea Spray which is an awesome resort with a great location. Josh and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We were a few blocks from the village and steps away from the beach. If we return to Siesta we will definitely stay at the Sea Spray again.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank GatorDan

We hope you will come back and see us…perhaps for a longer stay. So glad you found Sea Spray to be ‘awesome’! We certainly think it is!