“Lovely place to stay, comfortable & convenient!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
The Sea Spray Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed at the Sea Spray for a week in late June 2012 with my 15 yr old daughter and her best friend. Our units were clean and comfortable, well appointed and plenty of TVs for everyone. The grounds are beautiful and the buildings are well maintained. The beach is a very short walk away and the pool is clean and inviting. Josh was very helpful with anything we asked for and also knowledgeable of the area. The only draw back was the slightly rainy weather toward the end of the week, but overall it was a wonderful & relaxing place to stay and convenient to restaurants, grocery store, etc. Will stay at the Sea Spray again soon! Thank you!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jorjetr80
SEASPRAYRESORT, Guest Relations at The Sea Spray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

You didn’t miss a thing in your review of your stay. Thank you for the compliments. We are happy to know that you found only one deficiency…the weather. We do try, but Mother Nature sometimes gets the better of us. It sounds like you and the teens had a nice week. It strikes me that we cater to many different demographics. We have people like yourself who have teens, we have couples, we have families with younger children, as well as seniors who stay with us…and Sea Spray appeals to them all! So glad to know you had a good stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed @ the Sea Spray in June and found it to be clean with friendly staff. The location is outstanding - - not quite a block to the beach. Perhaps the best part is that the property is away from any of the high-rise accommodations which meant the beach was not overpopulated. Also close to village (walkable) though we ended up driving.

The chairs, umbrellas and coolers they offer for free are not in the best shape and I will only say that if you decide to stay @ Sea Spray, take care of their things nicely for the next guests! We ended up renting an umbrella from a place nearby because it was like Hades on the beach and the Sea Spray umbrella didn't quite hold up to the breeze.

Overall, great place and we would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I think I would avoid any of the rooms that open up to the pool. Seemed like these would be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BreckLover66

Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, our location relative to the beach and other larger accommodations is perfect…not so crowded at our beach access. We are in the process of improving our ‘beach equipment’ for our guests. We agree that it is time to upgrade our beach chairs and umbrellas and we are doing so. Check out our Facebook page “Sea Spray Resort” around mid to end of September to view the new equipment. We think you’ll be pleased! We’ll have them ready for your return trip!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We planned a week long stay at the Sea Spray Resort and it was FABULOUS!!

Our 1BR/1Bath with two PRIVATE Patios was great. We could walk to the public beach access and then go back to our room when we needed. We walked down to Siesta Village each
day. One day the lights in the kitchen blew and when we let the office know they were taken care of immediately. Sea Spray Resort is a quaint, family friendly resort with the focus on those that are guests. Josh the manager was incredibly friendly, helpful and attentive to the guests.
We will plan to make this a destination to return due to the unit we stayed in and the service that was provided ;o

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheila H

Happy 30th Anniversary! We are delighted that you chose Sea Spray as your place to celebrate!
Thank you for the compliments regarding our attentive staff. Josh is one of our best assets.
It sounds like you stayed in the Sand Dollar unit with its two private patios. Good choice! Each unit has its own special ‘something’.
As always, we are so happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and that you will be returning. Let us know when you are ready to come back. We’re here to make your stay as perfect as possible!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This resort is in the perfect spot, it's walking distance to the beach and the village. The 2/br 1/bath room reminded me of an apartment. The pool & grounds are kept very nice, and they weren't crowded with people or kids. The kitchen was nice and stocked with what we needed & the bathroom towels were clean and super soft.

I only stayed at the resort for 1 night, and I don't think I could of stayed for a long vacation. I am particular when it comes to cleanliness. The doors and door jambs were dirty/grimy, the shower wasn't as clean as it could of ben, and I found a few stains on the sheets. In one room there were a handfull of dead ants on a windowsill that was behind the headboard. Considering I was only spending the night I didn't do much of an inspection. Although, these things stood out to me.

The staff was friendly, and I enjoyed my stay. Like I said before, I wouldn't stay for a long vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keusadilla
SEASPRAYRESORT, General Manager at The Sea Spray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

We appreciate your feedback and make every effort to make sure each unit is sparkling clean. We did have a recent change in cleaning companies around the time of your stay and not all units had yet had a thorough review and cleaning, but they all have at this time.

Whenever we find torn or tattered sheets or towels, we replace them with fresh and new sets for our guests. We want to make sure each guest is happy with their stay here, so never hesitate to contact the front desk with any problem or concern. We continue to upgrade and improve every day, so come visit us again!

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Just stayed in unit #1 (Bird of Paradise) with my family (July 2012). The place was decent, had some pros & cons... I think with just a little bit more attention it could be very good.

Pros
- Josh, the manager, was awesome. He was very helpful, very friendly. He not only helped us with a few requests at the resort itself, but also gave us some great information for the town, where to eat, things like that.
- The location is great - it's a short walk to the ocean in a very private, no crowds at all, part of the beach. It is also just south of the public part of the beach if you want to walk up there (that part of the beach was PACKED when we were there). It's also very close to town - 3/4 mile.
- The unit we stayed in was pretty clean. Don't expect luxury, we didn't, it was definitely sufficient. Had a nice sized kitchen if you wanted to cook, full fridge, bedrooms were big. Living room a little on the small side but adequate for us (family of 5). Bathroom was clean as well, although the shower grouting could use a little more scrubbing - but was fine. No carpeting in the place - which is good. You can't help but track some of the Siesta sand into the unit, so having tiled floors made it easier to clean.
- free washer and dryers (3 sets). When we stayed the place seemed to be less than half full, only a couple of other families, so it wasn't crowded at all. We were always able to get a washer/dryer when we wanted it. I could see it might be harder to get one if the place was fully booked, but it we didn't have an issue.
- supplied beach towels. This was very helpful in that you don't need to pack any. They weren't the most plush towels ever, but were fine.

Cons
- they advertise that they have beach chairs/umbrellas to borrow, and they do but there were hardly any there and what was there were horrible. As I mentioned above, when we stayed the place seemed less than half full. It really seemed like there were 2 other families besides ours. Going out early in the morning there were only at most 7 beach chairs available. All of those beach chairs looked old, rusty... one was broken. Some mornings I was able to get 5 chairs, others other mornings only 1 or 2. If the place was fully booked I imagine we would never have gotten a chair. There were 3 beach umbrellas at most, none of them actually worked they were all broken/ripped. This seems like such an easy thing to fix - buy a bunch of chairs and umbrellas - for each unit, instead of storing them in a common room (maybe store extras in a common area in case you need extras). Or at least buy a bunch of new ones every year, or multiple times a year. This was a big disappointment, because these are things you can't pack yourself if you are flying down. We ended up buying some beach blankets from the local store and sitting on those.
- Pool... we arrived and the pool water was green. It also had some pieces of pool toys and such floating in it (which is probably more of a problem with the other guests not cleaning up after themselves). I assumed the water was salt water or something, since the water was green. My kids refused to go in the pool at all, it really didn't look clean (to Josh's credit, I never complained about the pool, if I did he probably would have done something, he was very attentive to the few things I brought up). The final day of our trip the pool cleaning company came and cleaned the pool. The water was then perfectly clear - not green at all. That disgusted us even more - so the water wasn't green because it was salt water, it was green because it was filthy. And who knows how many chemicals were poured into it to make it clear within an hour... They need to clean that pool more!
- They allow pets. We have pets, and I love animals. There was a family with a dog there when we were there - and this is the family's fault - but the dog would bark at you when you walked in the yard with it. Barked at my kids, the dog's owner didn't seem to care, just let the dog bark at my kids. Dog seemed friendly enough, didn't touch my kids, but it was frustrating to have it barking at my kids as we tried to walk by. I could see if there were more families, with more pets, this would be a bigger problem.
- this didn't affect us at all but was a little disconcerting... the managers are only there during the day. At night, there is no one in the office. They give you a phone number to call in an emergency, and I have to believe someone would come by quickly, but it is more comforting to know there is someone always on site in case you have an issue.

Overall - It was a decent place. Looking around (from the street) at other places near that location, it did seem as good if not better than most of the places. With a little more attention I think it could be much better. I'm also reviewing the Siesta Key beach itself in another post - this is not Sea Spray's fault at all, but it wasn't a great beach. We were going because of the "#1 beach in america" review, and overall positive reviews - but it was not a good beach. We wouldn't go back because of the beach. If the beach was good, I could see us going back, maybe to the Sea Spray, but overall I wouldn't visit again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank dgthompson

We appreciate your feedback as we are always trying to improve our resort. All the items you mentioned have already been addressed, as improvement at the Sea Spray is always our goal. We are even adding beach carts to haul chairs and umbrellas to the beach across the street as an additional service to our guests.
We hope to see you again here at the Sea Spray, and if you ever have a problem, all you have to do is see our front desk and if it can be fixed, it will be done immediately! Thank you for your feedback....

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Perfect location, walking distance to the beach and to Siesta Key Village. Josh is very friendly and helpful. The Sand Dollar Unit # 8 is very clean, spacious and well equipped. Rates are very reasonable. We will come back here in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rey282
SEASPRAYRESORT, Guest Relations at The Sea Spray Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with your family at Sea Spray and will be returning in the future. We consider it the highest praise when our guests wish to stay with us again. Thank you!

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed in unit #9, which has it's own private pool. Decent sized pool, no lap swimming or anything, but very nice to cool off in or lounge on the rafts that were provided. Upon check-in we were greeted by the manager/owner (?), who was very nice & gave us a tour of the property, which included another pool & free use of the washer & dryers. The unit was a nice size, clean, with a small oven/stovetop, microwave, coffee maker & fridge. Several a/c units kept the unit cool, although the one in the bedroom was a bit noisy. One of the few faults (and I'm nitpicking at this point), was that there were only 3 spoons & 3 coffee cups, which meant we had to run the dishwasher every night. The location was fantastic, the beach right across the street and Siesta Key Village, with plenty of restaurants & shopping, about a 10 minute walk. The beach (access 10) was also the least crowded, that we could see, the public beach being packed everyday & the beach at the village also very busy, so it worked out great.

Room Tip: Unit #9 has a private pool so book early!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rogueit

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Sea Spray. Unit 9 is one of our most popular, as you mentioned, book early, since it has its own private pool. We will be sure to add some additional coffee cups and spoons to the kitchen per your suggestion. Sorry for the inconvenience. You are right that the beach access closest to Sea Spray is in a perfect location that tends to make it less busy than other areas of gorgeous Siesta Beach…a real plus! Please come back and see us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
#7 of 12 in Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 50 in Sarasota

Been to The Sea Spray Resort? Share your experiences!