“Quiet Quaint Resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Orlando, Florida
“Quiet Quaint Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at Seashell condo#7, and we couldn't have been more pleased with our 4 night stay. We had just returned from a week of scuba diving @ Little Cayman so this was our time for some beach relaxation and were not disappointed. Bob was very helpful with the "tour", and even called on his day off when we had slight problem connecting the TV (input had been switched).
The resort was fully booked yet you hardly saw anybody or heard anybody on the premises. We saw other resort guests with Sea spray beach carts @ Siesta Key Beach, but never to be seen again. We loved the beach cart and will be ordering one for ourselves soon. A short walk to the Village, very much appreciated when parking is nearly impossible. The grounds were beautiful, parking was plentiful, and everything maintained in an orderly fashion. We particularly enjoyed doing laundry during some downtime from the beach. We used the gas grills twice during our stay, and we came to think of it as home away from home.
We look forward to returning again soon!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ive
MangoBayManagement, Manager at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed the beach cart we supply. You are the second guest that I know of to purchase one of the carts for home use. They are handy. We do try to keep our property quiet and respectful. We have great guests that do show respect for each other. You mentioned another great amenity, the free washer and dryers. Friday Aug 15 we will be receiving two new Maytag Maxima washer and dryer sets. These have the steam sanitation and wrinkle release. We are excited for the upgrade. The gas grills you mentioned are stainless steel and were just purchased earlier this year. I have another upgrade in the works too. More on that later.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My mom & I stayed at the Sea Spray at the beginning of the month and were very happy with the accommodations. It was very clean, close to the beach (which was nice and quiet), close to the shops, and the kitchenette worked out so well. They provide beach chairs, towels, an umbrella, and even a cart to wheel them in which was a huge plus. We'd highly recommend it to anyone visiting Siesta Key.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MangoBayManagement, Manager at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. We are glad you had a great stay and enjoyed having a kitchenette. Units 101 through 302 have the kitchenettes (no oven/range). They have a microwave, toaster oven, 2 burner hot plate, refrigerator with freezer, dishwasher, garbage disposal and a toaster. Units 1 through 9 have the full kitchen with the oven/range. I hope you can come back to stay with us again.
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My two children and I stayed at the "Sea Spray Resort" for two short nights. Even though our trip was cut short by a Family Emergency we enjoyed our time at this Resort. We stayed in Sand Dollar #8 which had two patios and was nicely laid out. The rooms were spacious and inviting. The property has been well maintained and I noticed during my short stay how simple but elegant Bob tries to keep the place.

Our first night there after dinner the kids wanted to take a late night swim, Most hotels and resorts won't allow you in a pool after a certain time. My children and I met other families at the pool this night. The pool water was very warm in which my kids loved especially after dusk.

The fact that there were beach chairs, umbrellas, and a cart available for use everyday for free was a real plus. I always found one available when I needed it. The beach is a short walk away less than a block and down from the main crowd. This left me feeling more secure as I didn't have to fight a sea of people to keep and eye on my kids.

Bob was very friendly and accommodating asking several times if we needed anything. I will return to the Sea Spray the next time I am in Florida. We are planning another trip in 2 years. I wish I did not have to leave on such short notice but hey sometimes things don't work out as planned. But for the price and what you get here it was worth it!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow thank you for your great review. You touched on many of the great reasons to stay with us. The non crowded beach access yet close to the main Siesta Key beach. The fact that we provide beach chairs, umbrellas, beach towels and a cart to wheel them to the beach. And most importantly, the spacious and inviting units. Technically the pool closes at dusk. We do have a pool light though. The pool area is a focal point of our property and a nice place to socialize. 99.99% of the time everyone is quiet and respectful of others and if someone is not, please call me.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here in the sandpiper room. I'm stately a hotel snob and generally very picky- so keep this in mind. Checkin was great, we were an hour early and it was no big deal. Bob gave us a tour, super nice guy. He even allowed us a locked place for or kayak which was great. The room was nice, bigger than expected and well appointed with things like silverware and plates. The king size bed was comfortable enough. Other than some old coffee grounds left in the coffee machine the place was clean. My only downside to the room was the upstairs neighbors must have been elephants with a baby elephant running around. Ok it wasn't that bad, but it was noticeable. Luckily not a lot of time is spent in the room for us anyway. Beach was a short walk around the corner, loved the umbrellas. We enjoyed siesta key village at night, the first few nights we walked (usually on the beach which is a smidge longer but beautiful sunsets) but the last 2 nights we took the "free ride" service that works off tips alone. They were awesome and would come pick you up at your door and take you downtown.

Overall great stay and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mccartymandm
Thank you for your great review. We have no problem with early check ins. We will check you in whenever you arrive (after 11 am please). If you can request the early check in ahead of time, it would be helpful as I have to leave to buy supplies occasionally. If the unit is not ready, you may enjoy the pool, the village for lunch or go right to the beach. I recommend everyone see as many of the sunsets as possible. Watching the sun set over the water is a nice treat.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We spent an entire week at Sea Spray last week. We found the Sea Spray to be exceptionally family-oriented - free beach chairs, umbrellas, and carts; chest full of pool toys, free beach towels. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and well maintained. Yes, I would have preferred a beach view but it is not a long walk at all and the beach is quiet and beautiful. The proximity to the downtown area is great - short walk or bike ride... but far enough away to avoid the noise and crowds. Restaurants, ice cream, shops - all close by.

We had a unit with a hot plate vs. stove/oven. We used the hot plate and/or outside gas grill and cooked just about every day with no real inconvenience. Would suggest to the management the need for lids for cookware - covers help speed cooking time when using hot plates. I would also recommend more instructions at check in with regard to obtaining fresh towels, where to take garbage ... feel like we were constantly bothering someone with these questions and we did not get the introductory "tour" that others mentioned. Otherwise, everything worked out well for us.

Honestly, we had some problems with air and hot water that could have ruined our whole experience but Bob did all that he could to ensure that the issues were immediately addressed in a timely manner and the inconvenience was minor. (I understand that an electrical circuit had to be replaced to resolve the issues.) Things happen but it is how they are handled that makes the difference and management was quick to act.

We take a family beach vacation each year and would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: You will hear upstairs foot noise if you opt for a ground level unit. The people above us were very...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review. You mentioned something I tend to forget to mention. The chest full of pool toys. We have things for the beach too. Buckets, shovels and sand molds among other items. We just ask that you rinse the sand off those items at one of our two hoses before returning them to the toy chest.. We also like if you rinse the 99% white quartz sand off of your feet at the same hoses. If something is not clear, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Godfrey, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I recently spent four nights at the Sea Spray Resort and were very pleased with the choice.
The proximity to both the beach and the village area was perfect. We stayed in a unit that was close to the complex pool, which was convenient without being too noisy.
As others have noted, Bob is great! He took the time to give us a tour of the grounds, answered questions and even though I'm sure that he's done it about 1000 times, did not rush through it.
I would not hesitate to go back to Sea Spray.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank jhigtiger
MangoBayManagement, Manager at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate when a "Senior Contributor", TripAdvisor's term not mine, appreciates what we are trying to do for our guests. Thank you for your recommendation to others to stay here. Also, thanks for the kind words about me. I just want everyone to enjoy their stay.
Palmetto, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family stayed here in June 2014 and just loved it! Bob was friendly and very helpful. If you didn't have it, he would see that you got it! What service! The unit was clean and very nicely decorated. The location is something that you just can't get anywhere else! Beach access 10 is just across the street and so easy to walk to. The beach location is not crowded and lovely! Lots of sand dollars to be found too! We loved that Bob has everything at your fingertips to make our stay a very pleasant and homey one! Beach carts with chairs and umbrellas, fully stocked kitchens, grills on site, lots of tables, chairs, and hammocks around a refreshing pool area, and wood for the fire pit to roast some s'mores! It just can't get any better than this my friends! We definitely will be back! The walk to town every night was a delight and made for great exercise. You will be very pleased with your stay! Thanks for a gem you have on Siesta Key!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FLBound2001
Thanks you for your excellent review. You are right about the sand dollars. There are a lot around our beach access. The fact that there is no public parking near our beach access is why it does not get crowed. I liked your description "pleasant and homey". That means we are accomplishing what we strive for. We look forward to having you come back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#4 of 49 in Sarasota
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key

Been to Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key? Share your experiences!