“Very good Resort!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Missouri City, Missouri
“Very good Resort!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I came to Florida for the first time ever, The Sea Spray Resort is a very very nice place to go. I definately reccomend it, i feel like i am at home instead of at some place in Florida, the rooms are very very homely. We didn't rent a car, but there is a thing called "Jonny's free ride" They give free rides all throught Siesta Key, Turtle Beach, The Marina, almost anywhere you need to go with no charge. They accept tips which we do/ did. But other than that it's really cheap to get around and all you have to do is give them a call and they come in 15 minutes to pick you up! I definately would come back to the Sea Spray Resort again! Thanks so much Bob!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jazzzy_L
MangoBayManagement, Manager at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. You review included some of my favorite words," I definately would come back to the Sea Spray Resort again!". Yes the free beach rides are great. I recommend Johnny's Original Free Rides. They are fully insured and registered legally. I hope you can come back and see us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the resort for 3 days and had a fantastic time. The manager Joe couldn't have been more welcoming and accomadating. His advice and local knowledge was immense and made our stay truly great. The suite was lovely and clean and we'll stocked. The next time we plan a return visit to Siesta Key I will be on the phone to Joe first. Strongly recommend.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ian m
MangoBayManagement, Manager at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for strongly recommending us.
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife, 11 month old and I stayed her for 3 nights at the beginning of August and would highly recommend! The units are clean, newly furnished with updated appliances and have everything you need. Ours came with a private patio which we definitely enjoyed. The pool area is very nice and we felt like we had it to ourselves more time than not. The beach access is right across the street and because it's not a public beach access there are a lot less people on the beach compared to other areas. Can't say enough about the beach itself, it definitely deserves all the praise it gets; white, powdery soft sand that doesn't get too hot. And great sunsets every night! Overall, the stay was perfect, Bob was a great host and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your excellent review. You touched on two excellent points. The lack of crowds at our beach access and beautiful sunsets over the water. Thank you for the personal positive comment as well. Your host, Bob.
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family (wife, 2 kids aged 8 and 3) stayed here at the end of July for 2 nights.
We were VERY happy with the accommodation. It was very clean and well cared for.
It is a perfect location for both the beach (white power sand) and the village (decent selection of bars / restaurants and shops)
We were greeted by Bob when we arrived and given a tour of the facility.
The free carts with folding chairs, sun umbrella , and beach toys for the kids was perfect.
We only wish we could have stayed for longer - we would give it a 100% recommendation
and hope to return in the future.

1 Thank ALCBell
Thank you for your excellent review. As you mentioned, we supply a few amenities you need for the beach. At no charge we provide carts with folding chairs, oversized beach towels, umbrellas and beach toys for the kids. Thank you for your 100% recommendation.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at Seashell condo#7, and we couldn't have been more pleased with our 4 night stay. We had just returned from a week of scuba diving @ Little Cayman so this was our time for some beach relaxation and were not disappointed. Bob was very helpful with the "tour", and even called on his day off when we had slight problem connecting the TV (input had been switched).
The resort was fully booked yet you hardly saw anybody or heard anybody on the premises. We saw other resort guests with Sea spray beach carts @ Siesta Key Beach, but never to be seen again. We loved the beach cart and will be ordering one for ourselves soon. A short walk to the Village, very much appreciated when parking is nearly impossible. The grounds were beautiful, parking was plentiful, and everything maintained in an orderly fashion. We particularly enjoyed doing laundry during some downtime from the beach. We used the gas grills twice during our stay, and we came to think of it as home away from home.
We look forward to returning again soon!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ive
Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed the beach cart we supply. You are the second guest that I know of to purchase one of the carts for home use. They are handy. We do try to keep our property quiet and respectful. We have great guests that do show respect for each other. You mentioned another great amenity, the free washer and dryers. Friday Aug 15 we will be receiving two new Maytag Maxima washer and dryer sets. These have the steam sanitation and wrinkle release. We are excited for the upgrade. The gas grills you mentioned are stainless steel and were just purchased earlier this year. I have another upgrade in the works too. More on that later.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My mom & I stayed at the Sea Spray at the beginning of the month and were very happy with the accommodations. It was very clean, close to the beach (which was nice and quiet), close to the shops, and the kitchenette worked out so well. They provide beach chairs, towels, an umbrella, and even a cart to wheel them in which was a huge plus. We'd highly recommend it to anyone visiting Siesta Key.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MangoBayManagement, Manager at Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for your excellent review. We are glad you had a great stay and enjoyed having a kitchenette. Units 101 through 302 have the kitchenettes (no oven/range). They have a microwave, toaster oven, 2 burner hot plate, refrigerator with freezer, dishwasher, garbage disposal and a toaster. Units 1 through 9 have the full kitchen with the oven/range. I hope you can come back to stay with us again.
Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My two children and I stayed at the "Sea Spray Resort" for two short nights. Even though our trip was cut short by a Family Emergency we enjoyed our time at this Resort. We stayed in Sand Dollar #8 which had two patios and was nicely laid out. The rooms were spacious and inviting. The property has been well maintained and I noticed during my short stay how simple but elegant Bob tries to keep the place.

Our first night there after dinner the kids wanted to take a late night swim, Most hotels and resorts won't allow you in a pool after a certain time. My children and I met other families at the pool this night. The pool water was very warm in which my kids loved especially after dusk.

The fact that there were beach chairs, umbrellas, and a cart available for use everyday for free was a real plus. I always found one available when I needed it. The beach is a short walk away less than a block and down from the main crowd. This left me feeling more secure as I didn't have to fight a sea of people to keep and eye on my kids.

Bob was very friendly and accommodating asking several times if we needed anything. I will return to the Sea Spray the next time I am in Florida. We are planning another trip in 2 years. I wish I did not have to leave on such short notice but hey sometimes things don't work out as planned. But for the price and what you get here it was worth it!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Wow thank you for your great review. You touched on many of the great reasons to stay with us. The non crowded beach access yet close to the main Siesta Key beach. The fact that we provide beach chairs, umbrellas, beach towels and a cart to wheel them to the beach. And most importantly, the spacious and inviting units. Technically the pool closes at dusk. We do have a pool light though. The pool area is a focal point of our property and a nice place to socialize. 99.99% of the time everyone is quiet and respectful of others and if someone is not, please call me.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siesta Key
Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
#12 of 12 in Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Sea Spray Resort on Siesta Key? Share your experiences!