“Great place, great location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Banyan Tree Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siesta Key
Banyan Tree Resort
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place, great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Fiji, a one bedroom unit with a small living room and kitchen. The unit was very clean, and had a great screened in porch. We also were directly next to the pool. The office staff was very accomodating and the entire booking process and stay were smooth. The location of this property is perfect; about a five minute walk to the beach, and even less to town. I have to stress how important this is, as parking for beaches, and the Village can be a pain. If you are looking to park the car and explore on foot, this is the place for you. There are many places on the Key to stay, but again, this location is at the center of everything. We would not hesitate to book another trip at Banyan Tree!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
philly
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

First time staying at the Magnolia House. We are 2 familes; one upstairs and one downstairs. Both units just about the same, upstairs table seats 6, downstairs 4. Positives: property from the outside is kept up and bright, great amenities in unit, loved having a porch, beach towels in unit, large closets,really comfy. Loved, loved the pool. Gas grill used all the time. Very close to town, great walks along canals."Beach access" was about a 10 minute walk. The not so positives, the pool area was messy and trash from last tenants, we needed to clean and straighten tthe pool area to enjoy it, pool floats leaked, and we had to buy sand chairs because both units chairs were broke, of course we left them and out of the 7 umbrellas between the 2 units, only two were NOT broke. Towels in unit are dingy and rough, so I washed and bleached them before we used them. Units are"pet friendly" and I had many bites of some sort from morning of day two until we left. Saw CRNP as well as the Walmart pharmacist and neither one knew what it was. Didn't stop me from my vacation (nurse heal thyself!) However, I did seek medical attention at home because it did not get better. Needless to say, we will not be staying in a place is is pet friendly again.

Room Tip: Unit below can hear foot steps above, so children/toddlers should probably stay in the lower unit.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

we had a bottom unit and the location to town beach..and stores was great..the place was clean...we had no problems...pool needs some cosmetic updates..and the price seemed right..

everything was ready when we got there....

Room Tip: we liked unit a
Naperville, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is my third time staying at a Banyan Tree Resort property and the first at Hummingbird. My extended family rented all 4 units in the building. I choose this building because of it's proximity to both the beach and the village. We walked everywhere and that was a huge draw for me! Cathi from the management is very nice and accessible and sees to your needs. I agree with other reviewers that the units need upgrading as far as sleepers/couches and stocked items in the kitchen. I was in a 2-bedroom unit and it was roomy and clean and yes, the one-bedroom units are small but perfect for a couple. The pool was maintained while we were there with the pool man coming by twice to clean it and to put the garbage/recycling to the curb. I don't think I would stay in this building if I didn't have all 4 units building because you can hear everything and I can't imagine sharing the small pool with others. You are really on top of each other around the pool and it's only a couple feet from one of the unit's door. But for my family reunion vacation, it was great!! I recommend this place for family gatherings, reunions, etc. where you would share the entire building with those you know. I absolutely loved that we had a pool and that we could walk the beach in the morning and walk to dinner every night. I would rent again with Banyan Tree Resort and work with Cathi to see that my needs are met.

3 Thank Mari9
Petaluma, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed at the HummingBird property. There are 4 units in this little complex. We rented 3 of the 4 units. The 2 bedroom units are good sized and comfortable for 4 people. The one bedroom is very small and really only suitable for 2 people. The bottom unit is only accessible from the pool area and it is about 4 feet from the door to the pool. There is just a small living room kitchen area (all one room) and then the bedroom and bathroom.

The downstairs two-bedroom unit has the lani attached to the master bedroom. This was fine for us since we were the only ones in the complex but since this is a common area it could be awkward if other guests are staying there and they are right outside your bedroom door.

The unit is very close to the beach (about a 5 minute walk) and very close to the shops and restaurants. It is good value for the price but it really needs updating - the towels are old and stained, the kitchen utensils are ancient, the furniture is clean but not very comfortable. Again, considering the price, I think this is a good deal but next time I would pay a little more for a little more comfort.

Room Tip: The best room is unit C which is the 2 bedroom upstairs
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NorCal50Something
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was our third trip to Siesta Key and first time staying in the Hummingbird unit. My entire family stayed in all 4 apartments. The location was ideal for walking to the village and a short walk to the beach. The resort professionals were easy to contact and provided excellent customer service. I especially liked this property since it was right in the village. The unit itself was clean and in great condition. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of the other Banyan Tree properties due to the service they provide.

1 Thank NALPowell_Ohio
Orlando FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed one week in Solitude, bottom unit of three on Beach Road. Loved the large deck where you could sit in sun or shade. View would be better on upper floors but access to beach and large deck outweighed that for us. Unit is nothing fancy but we spent most of the time on the deck. Three bedrooms was nice for the four of us. Only one bathroom, but we made do. They could use a new gas grill as salt air rusted the existing one. I would highly recommend for people who like comfort, cleanliness and location, but don't need frills.

• Stayed May 2012
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,261 reviews
Siesta Key Beach Side Villas
Siesta Key Beach Side Villas
#2 of 29 in Siesta Key

Been to Banyan Tree Resort? Share your experiences!