We rented two units. We were ten total people. One unit (509) Wasn't in too bad of physical shape but the other where I stayed (511) was in terible condition. The carpets were really dirty. The coffee maker was broken. The sinks were partly plugged up and ran really slow. The shower was big and there was plenty of hot water. But there was signs of Mold in the shower. We bought some bleach and disinfected it prior to use.
There was some sort of Bug infestation in the room. After I told "Richard", he stated the place had been fumigated earlier in the year. It was "No See Ums" in the room and they were pretty bad this time of year. All of my party of ten had what appeared to be flea bites and still bother us to this date (9/28/07). Personally I have them scabbing over now and they are finally starting to heal
We spent a couple of hundred dollars during the one week stay there to wash the linens and buy bug spray to do our own version of fumigation. We placed the throw rugs on the balcony as we didn't want to walk on them. Like the carpet, they were what I would consider filthy.
The acoustics were bad. We could hear everything the neighbors did and said.
The Gazebo was falling apart and had rusty nails protruding from more than a few areas while the rest of the Gazebo was rotting away and falling apart.
We stayed at Calini Beach Resort in 2006 and although it is run by the same management property company, it is in pristine condition and only two building away from Siesta Sands. We wanted to stay there but they were booked for the time period we wanted.
I would never stay at Siesta Sands Beach Resort again, however I would return to Siesta Keys as other than the accommodations, we had a real good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Siesta Key offers a variety of cuisines with numerous restaurants and cafés. From beach shops to fine clothing you can shop ‘till you drop. With Sarasota only minutes away, you are never at a loss for things to do and see. The Ringling Museum, Selby Gardens, Mote Marine, Spanish Point, Jungle Gardens, dozens of art galleries and antique shops, the opera, symphony, ballet and numerous live theater groups are just across the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Siesta Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siesta Sands Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Siesta Sands Beach Resort Siesta Key, Florida