“Home Away From Home”
Downtown Sarasota Restaurants
Shops in Downtown Sarasota
Parks in Downtown Sarasota
Downtown Sarasota
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Loveland, Ohio
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

From the beginning when I booked the property to the end when we left everything about this experience was phenomenal.
The property owner e-mailed me and we spoke on the phone as well. It was kind of like house sitting for a relative. That is how personable the property owner was.
We stayed for three weeks. And we will probably rent the same next year. My sister came down for a week and we immediately began making our plans for next year.
The beds were super comfy. My husband wants to find out the brand of the mattress in the MB so we can purchase a similar mattress. Both bedrooms have televisions. Plenty of storage for all of your clothing too. In the guest room- anything you need for the beach is there. Also there are books to read and DVDVs to choose and board games too. My son and my sister enjoyed several evenings of Jenga.
The bathrooms were nice and to my surprise there were hairdryers in both bathrooms. Leave your hairdryer at home. There are plenty of towels and linens also.
The kitchen was more well stocked than my home kitchen and everything was where you would expect to find it. If you felt like making a turkey dinner with all the trimmings- you can do that without buying a dish or pan because it is all here- even a turkey baster!
The walk to the beach was nice. It was about 7 minutes on the beach path. It is quite the jungle walk. We stayed right after tropical storm Andrea came through so the bridge at the end of the path was flooded. There were signs saying it was closed and flooded out, but we are like Bear Grylls and easily negotiated it. We talked to a park ranger in charge who said we could use the path but to be careful on the flooded bridge. We had no problems. But if you want- it is an easy walk to the main public entrance or you can drive the minute and thirty seconds to the public beach parking lot.
The pool area is very nice with showers and restrooms. The pool is a 45 second walk from the condo winding through lush landscaping.
The landscaping at this property is quite amazing. It attracts beautiful birds and it is nice to just look at and daydream the day away when you are not at the beach.
This property was very very reasonably priced. The only negative we experienced were ants in the kitchen and no-see-ums on the lanai. But this is Florida. If it were my own home I would know what to do but in someone else's home you have to be careful of using any kind of harsh chemical. I ended using just OFF and spraying it on a paper towel and wiping their trail in the kitchen. That ended the ants for the duration.
The condo is about a mile and a half from the village. We walked from the village (Gilligan's) to a beach access near Siesta Beach Resorts and walked the beach all the way back to the condo one evening after dinner. It was an amazing and beautiful walk.
If you want NOT to drive or walk to the village, you can call Jerry's Free Rides and they will pick you up at the entrance to White Sands Village and drive you where you want to go for a tip. We used the service several times.
All in all it was very fabulous and I cannot say enough about the excellent time we had at this property.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: it was homey and a home away from home
Liked least: telemarketing calls that were just like home
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
colombia, south america
Reviewed 29 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Ohio
Reviewed 25 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Condo was very spacious
Liked least: only allowed 2 week minimum stay
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
nc
Reviewed 17 April 2011 for a stay in October 2010

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing