“Absolute Paradise!!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
New York City, New York
“Absolute Paradise!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We just had the most serene and romantic week at Turtle Beach Resort! I have been wanting to vacation there for years now, and we finally found the time this week to go. It was everything I thought it would be, and more.
After reading some of the other posts on this website, I was concerned about the cleanliness of the cottages since I am highly allergic to dust, but after staying there, in two different cottages (Southwest and Country Cottage) I realized that those customers must have been unhappy people and looking for reasons to complain because it was perfectly clean and came with the most incredibly comfy bathrobes :)
It is enchantingly romantic, but also makes you feel like you're home. The owner, gave us the places to go for dinner, brunch, day and night time activities and was very helpful to any inquiries we had on the matters. We had some INCREDIBLE meals and were able to purchase our own groceries and even prepare full meals in the cottages since they come with full kitchens!!
This resort far exceeds any Ritz Carlton or other 5 star hotel I have ever stayed in. Everything is included which brings another level of relaxation to the resort. My husband got to do work emails with the free wireless, we went on bike rides and relaxed in our personal hottub!! The owners are so accommodating and friendly and treat you as if you were an old friend. We're already planning our next stay because it feels like our second home!

Room Tip: Ask for water view rooms!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CarolineBeck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2011

After a long, oppressive winter there was nothing better than escaping for a quick weekend to Turtle Beach Resort! We try to go every year towards the end of the winter to feel like human beings again--- this time was especially magical with great weather and all the improvements made to the property. We checked in late-- around 8PM-- and our room was so cozy and tropical with dim lighting and bubbling private hot tub outside under the stars... It was so quiet and peaceful right from the start. Our cottage was steps from the water, and outside our door was a wall of the most gorgeous bright purple Bouganvilleas. David and Gail were so friendly and helpful as always, and the new landscaping and refurnishing in the unit made it feel like Siesta Key met Miami Beach... It almost makes me want to go through winter again just to go back to TBR!

Room Tip: Each room has it's own personality....
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChelseaGirl1975
saratoga ny
Reviewed 15 May 2011

was so excited to stay here for a date night as we had a sitter. we arrived at ck in 1pm. planning on visiting beach. we were told sorry , we have no beach chairs left. the resort had only a handful of rooms and caters mostly to couples. how do you not have enough chairs? we walked 5 hot minutes to turtle beach. sand was brown and very hot. our umbrella from the resort turned out to be broke. we walked back to hotel to cool off in pool. water was warmer than bath water and scum lined the pool. outdoor cushions are all stained with sweat? body oil? just gross. our room was very dark and had an air of "who cares?" it was dirty and run down. there was dog hair all over black bedding. the old tube tv had a snowy picture. three light bulbs in room were out. the light bulb over the hot tub did not work either. we called the office and were told they would replace the bulb tomorrow!!!!! we were only there one night and needed the light at night. probably better off not seeing the hot tub with the light on anyway. for $300 per night in the off season, i think somebody could walk 500 feet and change a bulb. we love small independent and quirky places. we never stay in chain hotels and would never expect this to be the ritz. but we want reasonable service and cleanliness especially at this price. management should be ashamed. after the response with the light bulb, seemed pointless to bring anymore concerns to anyone's attention. will never ever stay here again.

Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
16 Thank amymiazga
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I did ALOT of research before chosing the location and resort/hotel I would stay at for my 4 day vacation. I only get so much time away and had very high expectations. Let me tell you I could not have been happier with my stay at the Turtle Beach Resort. This trip was part a solo stay for me to regroup and relax after recent cancer treatment and halfway thru my stay it was also a getaway for me and that special someone. From the moment I arrived the staff made me feel welcome. Very knowledgable of the area, Patrick gave me some leads on some great places to eat in the area and things not to miss. For the next four days we enjoyed biking and walking around Turtle Beach, laying out by the pool and watching the most amazing sunsets from our private hot tub that overlooked the bay and the Gulf. We stayed in the Sunset Suite at the Inn. The room itself had everything you could ask for and we felt right at home. Waking up to hearing the birds outside and watching the fish jump out of the water was just the R & R I was searching for. You will be nothing but 100% pleased with your stay here and we cannot wait to get back. Such a charming place. Thank you so much for making this a vacation I will remember forever. I am already planning a trip back! There is a reason you have so much return business!

Room Tip: Sunset Suite has the best views!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jess830410
Winter haven, fl
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I'm 37 and my fiancé is 25. I've travelled all over the world for business and a little leisure. I estimated that I've stayed in a hotel room for over two years total. I only state this because I've never felt compelled to write a review until I stayed at Turtle Resort.

Personally we both loved the place and will return soon. I prefer unique little places like TR. I value privacy, views, comfort, and character over all else. I guess that's because I've been in so many faceless hotels with faceless people in them.

We stayed in the Country Cottage. It was PERFECT! A little two bedroom joint with a kitchenette. On the side, with absolute privacy, there is a hot tub and hammock. Did I mention that it is literally directly on the bayside with a nature preserve of small mangrove islands? I mean it was literally on top of the seawall. We thought that was very unique to be so close to the water.

The hot tub was clean and we spent a lot of time in it. A big thunderstorm came through in the afternoon and we watched it rage outside from the warmth of the jacquizzi. The hammock was great too.

I read some of the reviews and was surprised to see the harshly negative reviews. I think you can tell from the writing, at least the two bad ones I read, that the people who wrote them would be no fun to hang out with. Those kind of people are exactly why I don't like big hotels.

I had the opposite experience. The place was clean, comfortable, PRIVATE, and most definitely memorable. We got engaged there. Now Dave the owner and I have something in common....we both have wives way prettier than we deserve. However, the manager Pat is the guy who made the trip happen and hosted us during the stay and really knows the meaning of hospitality.

I'd stay at TR over a 4 star Hilton every time. It's not new, big, modern, and does not have room service or a big parking lot...but that is exactly why I like it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jadaway
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2010

My wife and I wanted a few days away with the kids before the stress of Thanksgiving festivities. We came across a place that looked like the relaxing time we wanted. We were pleasantly surprised to find it was everything and more. The room we stayed in was the Carribean with a private pier to fish off (which we did using the resort's fishing poles), a private hot tub, and two good sized bedrooms. The room had a cottage feel and overlooked the intercoastal waterway just feet from our private porch. We had a kitchen and full living room and nice dining table to play board games on. We road bikes (which the resort provides for no charge) to the beach on the Gulf of Mexico side, which was just minutes down the road. We also used the free canoe and paddled across the intercoastal to the small island nearby. To say it was relaxing would be an understatement, the kids had a blast and never once asked what was on TV. I have already told several friends to look into it and my family will certainly be back to Turtle Beach as soon as possible.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Dennybren
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We spent our 16th Wedding Anniversary in the Caribbean Cottage. The cottage was clean and quaint wtih fantastic views of the bay. The Caribbean Cottage, by far has the best views and privacy (from the other cottages) with its own dock, patio and bayview hot tub. But be aware that the unobstructed views go both ways and the boaters troll by close enough to acknowledge your presence with a wave and a smile. The one-way glass on the cottage windows helps to mantain some privacy. The best and most unexpected experience was sitting at the end of our private dock each evening watching the manatee and dolphins frolic only yards away. Even though we loved the privacy of our dock there are many communal docks on the property that afford everyone the same unique experience. The property of the Resort is much more quaint and picturesque than the new Inn across the street. Also the communal spaces of the Resort are more generous and take better advantage of the water views than those of the Inn. One warning however, the Resorts pet friendly policy ensures that the communal areas will be overrun with unleashed dogs. On our visit the dog next door howled constantly when the Owner's left him alone in the cottage and then growled at us each time we walked by. The complimentary bikes are old and poorly maintained so don't rely on them to get you to town. The real ammenity worth mentioning however are the canoes which allow you to explore the local waters, secret beaches, and mangroves.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple