I am a flight attendant with a major airline and have stayed in hotels for more than 20 years. Some were beautiful and in some I didn't want to unpack. For $350/night, I was expecting a lot more. Pros - Dave was very accomodating, helpful and genuinely a nice, interesting man. The staff was great. Canoes and kayaks were free and available. But for that amount of money, I don't think I should have to ask for a second bar of soap. The room was very dark - furnished with heavy, oversized furniture you would expect to see in the cold northeast, not Florida. Dark burgandy drapes hung from the window on an angle. The sheets were grey and thin.(We stayed for 5 nights and they were never changed). We stayed in room #6. They tell you it's the closest one to the dock which makes it seem desirable. However, it is the only room with someone above you and no matter how small they are, you will be awakended by them walking in their unit. The heavy old green comforter was put in the closet as soon as we got there. I had to line the drawers of the dresser with hand towels before I put my clothers in. There were 2 hangers in the bifold closet. The kitchen had a toaster oven that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. I would not even think about eating with the silverware. The pictures of the grounds look beautiful but the outdoor furniture seat cushions were so old that you didn't want to sit on them without a towel. The pool is like a postage stamp. Also, you are not on Siesta Beach and the sand at Turtle Beach is just like the beaches on the eastern shore. If someone hadn't told me to drive and see Siesta Beach I would have missed one of the most beautiful spots in the US. If I had paid $150 for this room I'd say I got what I paid for. It is definitely not worth more than that. Maybe that is why you have to leave a non-refundable deposit of half the amount and pay the balance at check in. If you actually saw the room before you paid the balance you'd gladly pay a cancellation fee and go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort located on Siesta Key in Sarasota, Florida is the perfect family vacation getaway with spacious cottages that offer full kitchens, living, and dining areas. Enjoy the beautiful private outdoor space included with each cottage that includes a large hot tub facing the water. Our pet-friendly resort is a two-minute walk to the beach and offers complimentary use of kayaks, canoes, bicycles fishing gear, beach chairs, and umbrellas. If you're looking for a weekend away from the kids, visit our romantic sister property The Inn at Turtle Beach for peaceful accommodations. Plan your trip today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key Hotel Siesta Key
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key, Florida