We were looking for a quite romantic place to spend our 30th wedding anniversary and decided on Turtle Beach Resort after looking at the beautiful pictures on the website. This is by far one of the worst places we've ever stayed at and couldn't wait to leave. We the "resort" is divided into the family and adult sections. We stayed at the adult section of the "resort". The "resort" is surrounded by a 6 foot wooden privacy fence and each unit is partitioned off from the others by a wooden privacy fence. You have to open a wooden gate to get to your room. The entire place is painted dull pink and reminds me of a 1970's style porno motel. Each unit has its own a Jacuzzi outside the room but behind your gate. Nice Jacuzzi but the area around it was littered with dead bugs. Our unit had a bedroom, living room / kitchen area and a very small bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The decanter of wine that was in the room was all sticky on the outside and we didn't even consider drinking from it. An unopened bottle would have been much better. The coffee was the same way, a large container that who knows how many people have had their hands in it before, we didn't drink any of that either. There resort does not provide room service, none at all. Get your own towels, empty your own trash, etc. There is a room by the dock where they keep the towels and supplies that you have to go get on your own, the door stays open 24 hours which means bugs and who knows what can get all over the towels, which by the way were stiff, rough and smelly. We stayed for 2 nights as we couldn't find another place to stay locally. On the plus side, the view is very nice and walking distance to Turtle Beach and Siesta Key Beach is a short drive away. When we checked out, the Owner's only response to our complaints was "you should have said something" but didn't offer anything to make up for the experience. All this for $313.00 a night. I could have stayed at the Ritz Carlton for that and I would have at least gotten room service at a Motel 6.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort located on Siesta Key in Sarasota, Florida is the perfect family vacation getaway with spacious cottages that offer full kitchens, living, and dining areas. Enjoy the beautiful private outdoor space included with each cottage that includes a large hot tub facing the water. Our pet-friendly resort is a two-minute walk to the beach and offers complimentary use of kayaks, canoes, bicycles fishing gear, beach chairs, and umbrellas. If you're looking for a weekend away from the kids, visit our romantic sister property The Inn at Turtle Beach for peaceful accommodations. Plan your trip today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key Hotel Siesta Key
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key, Florida