We were here recently as a family wedding was nearby and we made a long weekend of it.
The pros: if you are intrigued by "old Florida", this is it. Felt like going back in time. Beautiful views on the bay, we really enjoyed sitting by the pool and relaxing. We liked that we were on the quieter side of the island and there are many free taxis if you want to get into the busier areas. Owners very friendly and helpful. For boaters, this could be a stop if you are boating up/down the intercostal as they have a dock and you wouldn't need a car. The entire place very beautifully landscaped and many nooks and crannies for privacy.
The cons: know that the experience is much more akin to renting a house/condo that renting a room at a resort. No maid service, no coffee station in the morning, no room service. So, just know that is what it is. To me, that made the "resort" title a bit of a misnomer. Our room felt a little tired - mattress felt saggy, bathroom felt like it could use an update, towels a little thin. Just felt a little dated - but reconcile that with the "old Florida" experience if that is what you are looking for.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and the area, just felt the price was high for the experience and thus the rating. If I knew the area better and could compare rates with the experience of others on the water I might have a different rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort located on Siesta Key in Sarasota, Florida is the perfect family vacation getaway with spacious cottages that offer full kitchens, living, and dining areas. Enjoy the beautiful private outdoor space included with each cottage that includes a large hot tub facing the water. Our pet-friendly resort is a two-minute walk to the beach and offers complimentary use of kayaks, canoes, bicycles fishing gear, beach chairs, and umbrellas. If you're looking for a weekend away from the kids, visit our romantic sister property The Inn at Turtle Beach for peaceful accommodations. Plan your trip today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key Hotel Siesta Key
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key, Florida