“A Great Place to Relax"”

Turtle Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Ocala, FL
“A Great Place to Relax"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

My wife and I just spent the weekend at the Turtle Beach Resort. We had a wonderful time. The staff was wonderful, we had a great room and had a very relaxing weekend.
Our room was very unique and located on a quiet lagoon. The private hot tub was excellent and the hammocks near the water were a great place to relax. It was very quiet the entire weekend. We were able to sit by the water with fish jumping every few minutes. We were also able to walk a very short distance to the beach in order to watch the sunset. I used the fishing gear and tried to catch something. The bait was right there and the fishing equipment as in good working order. David and his staff helped us find some great places to eat in town as well. Overall we had a great stay and are looking forward to our return trip to the Turtle Beach Resort. This was one of the best places we have stayed in a while. We would definately recommend this resort.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Homeinstead

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
palm harbor, florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2009

My fiance and I spent the most beautiful weekend at the turtle beach resort. Upon arrival we immediatly were able to relax and leave our stress and worries behind. This was the perfect place for us because it was only a cab ride away to the village where we were able to go out and get "wierd" ,as we like to call it, at night. But it was also far enough away that at times it felt as if we were the only couple on the island. We used all the amenities; the grill, our private jacuzzi, the canoes, the private jacuzzi, the bikes, and did I mention our private jacuzzi. To top it all off we watched the sun go down on the beautiful turtle beach which was only a 5 minute canoe ride away. I will replay this weekend in my mind for many years to come.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shawschenk
Bartow, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

First off, i want to say that making the reservations was extremely easy, nice, and they do offer the amenities that they say they do. However, here is the kicker- my wife and i were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and we rented the rainforest for 2 nights which is supposidly their most romantic resort item. We found out that the door that opens from our bedroom to our private patio was stuck and would not open or close, and when we asked the owner about it he came and looked and said "it will make a beautiful window" and then walked off without ever actually inspecting the door- he stood 10 feet away from it. The arrogance drove me nuts but we went on with it and just dealt with it. The discount at ophelia's is nice and its a WONDERFUL place but as far as the room, while well decorated, there are paper thin walls. We constantly felt like there were people in our house or outside our window when they were really next door because of how loud it could be. Overall just felt cheated based on price.

• Liked — discount at ophelias
  • Disliked — The owner/service
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank outbacker86
Turtlebeachresort, Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 February 2009
I'd like to start by saying, we strive for guest satisfaction, and in no way, shape or form would do otherwise. The guests that stayed in the "Rain Forest" unit did have a problem with one of three sets of doors. The owner immediately took care of the issue with care. The "Rain Forest" is indeed one of the most private units with its own large private hot tub and hammock. It only has one unit to the left of it, not near the bedroom at all, so not quite sure about paper thin walls as stated by the guest. However, the guests did receive a discounted rate per night and enjoyed our many amenities on site. We are sorry that due to a minor repair to one door, it caused us a negative review.
Rochester NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2008

The location on Siesta key is perfect you are a short walk to the beach and you can conoe to a private beach which is very relaxing and quiet.
the grounds are well maintained and I met the owner who was very friendly and gave us some nice recomendations to eat dinner.
I travel a lot and know the value of a resort and this place is WAY overpriced! We payed $340.00 a night and here is a list of what we did not like and why this is a $180-$200 a night place to stay.
We stayed in the key west room 2 bdrm with full kitchen and living room. No tv in second bedroom and the two tvs that they did have were very small.
Bathroom is tiny with shower fixtures hanging off the wall, shower head is rusting,no counter space and the worst towels I have ever seen in a resort.
2nd bedroom had no tv and the sheets were stained with old blood or paint.
Kitchen was spacious but dont plan on cooking much because there are very few pans or plates or anything really.The appliances are old and outdated.
master bed was very nice but closets were smelly and musty and tv was far from bed and very small.
patio was nice and private and had a nice hammock but the furniture need to be scrubbed clean and the hot tub had dirt on the bottom.
The resort boasts about all the free use of canoes, bikes, fishing equipment which is very true but all these items look like they were bought at a garage sale. Like i said earlier in my review this is a nice area and nice grounds but the owners should not be charging what they are without updated almost everything.
On our last day the dock by the boats gave way and broke and I cut my leg slightly and almost fell in the bay which is the water view. Oceon is across the street.

• Liked — quiet and cozy grounds
  • Disliked — PRICE..everything is old and dirty
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
6 Thank RochesterNYMets69
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2008

An absolutely incredible vacation getaway, even for a single woman who just needed a break from the real world! More relaxing than words can tell...my room was just what the doctor ordered...clean and comfortable, cozy and peaceful. The staff were wonderfully friendly and accomodating...the views were tranquil...I will most definitely return!

• Liked — quiet and peaceful setting
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank fiercenurse
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2008

We found the Turtle Beach Resort after searching the internet for a two bedroom cottage, condo, or home to rent in the Siesta Keys area. I called the reservation office to confirm what I read and talked to a very professional and delightful young woman, known as Brandi, who told me of the amenities that the resort offered and described our accomodations. Her attentiveness and tone on the phone convinced me to book the reservation. Also it was a pet friendly hotel, so we were able to bring our service dog, a small ,well mannered cockapoo.
We found Turtle Beach Resort to be a quaint and charming resort with a Jimmy Buffet vibe .It also comes with all the amenities that a more formal resort would have to offer . The canoes,kayaks,bicycles and fishing gear were complimentary which we used everyday. The personal hot tub connected to your room was a bonus and a reward after a busy day on the Island. This resort is for vacationers who do not want to be entertained, and who want to just relax with the Bay views on one side and beaches across the road, or a few miles away. Stores were only a few miles away to cater to your shopping needs.
Dave, Gail and their staff are very attentive and very quick to address any issues that you might have. Tranquility in the month of November is what we found and loved. Beautiful vistas of the Bay we enjoyed every day. We will return.

• Liked — The Bay views, the canoes, bikes and quietness of the resort.
  • Disliked — Not least, but ideas to improve: Bottled water in the room, add martini or cosmo glasses with shaker-more modern!.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NOVA2008
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2008

While in Sarasota researching a new musical about the circus, I decided I would stay an extra week and continue my reading/research in a breezy, shady, quiet bit of paradise somewhere on the water. I literally had the picture of what I wanted in my mind's eye, and after 20 minutes of internet hunting, discovered the reality of my dreams at Turtle Beach Resort.

I am not a beach person. I crave breeze and shade. But Turtle Beach was the perfect haven for me; intensely private, directly on the lagoon facing the Gulf, laden with multiple shady spots and hammocks, a small refreshing pool, and a private king sized jacuzzi.

And quiet. I have never been so happy in and out of the sun. I didn't even leave the grounds for two days, why leave when I was perfectly happy?

And the greeting I received from Brandi and David, well, warm and welcoming are vast understatements. They are top notch in hospitality and support, and only wanted me to enjoy and have a good time.

Most definitely, I will be back. And I will tell my best friends, as this is a treasure I will share only with those I love. In fact, I may book out the entire lagoon side for my partner's 50th birthday....it's that good.

David, you put the hospitable back in hospitality!

much love and fond memories

David Simpatico
(author, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, stage version)

• Liked — Privacy; shade, breeze
  • Disliked — Internet connection was dodgy, but easily fixable
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
The Capri at Siesta
The Capri at Siesta
#2 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Turtle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!