“Great old place!”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Sarasota, Florida
“Great old place!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Hard to understand the negative reviews, perhaps the rooms in the building that holds the office or the ones on the first floor are more run down? This is very obviously an old hotel, and our expectations were set accordingly. Our room was very clean, the housekeeping staff was prompt and thorough in cleaning between our leaving the room and returning from breakfast. Our curtains were intact, there were no bugs or varmints anywhere, the pool was clean and temperate. The bath towels were plush and regular sized. I had no desire to inspect or rate the tile job. When you go to the front desk to try to buy a packet of asprin in the morning, the very nice guy just passes over a Costco size bottle of Advil that he has ready and waiting in his desk for people experiencing a comeuppance from revelry in the Village the night before. Met our needs perfectly!! thanks so much, we will be back!!

Room Tip: We were in an upstairs room poolside, two uninterrupted nights sleep, my friend set the air conditio...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaryAnnH377

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Lethbridge
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Thank you to Tammi who made everything great by excellent service after a bad experience with Beach Palms Resort around the corner. She went out of her way to make our stay wonderful. So great location to beach and main strip of Seista Keys. Everyone on the desk and housekeeping above in good service.
So thanks again it was such a stunning beach to be so close to that you enjoy the full beach time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori J
Mattoon
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After seeing a RAT on the pool deck, the desk clerk said "Aww, happens all the time on Siesta. I see them in the streets and sidewalks when I drive home at night. At least it didn't get in your room". The resort manager blamed the RAT on the restaurant next door and their poor food disposal. Never did anyone apologize to us about it. We live in rural Illinois and have never seen rats at any of our friend's farms. I find this to be completely outrageous and unacceptable. We never did return to the pool after seeing the RAT. Really put a damper on our vacation.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place!
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Pat W
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Siesta Beach Resort & Suites, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
None of this review is true. We do not have a rat problem on Siesta Key or at our hotel. None of our staff would tell people that rats are a problem, or downgrade the problem if there was one. It is a serious matter, and would be taken seriously by our hotel if there was a problem. We can assure all future guests that there are no rats here and our hotel is a wonderful place to stay on Siesta Key.

Travellers are raving about these Siesta Key hotels

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

This is the second year we have stayed here. Why you ask? Well it's a great location. The rooms are old and crappy. Curtain falling off the windows, really bad tile job in bathrooms. Last year there was some sort of " substance" smeared across the wall. Carpet is dirty, bed spreads are dirty. So basically if your not too concerned about cleanliness, and more about location, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank narmans1
Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights with my family. The location is great, walking distance to the village with the restaurants & bars & across the road from the beach. The hotel pool was good too. But I have to say the rooms are old & tired. But the sheets were clean & at the beach it's all about location for me.

Room Tip: We had 204 & 205 with an interconnecting door. It was upstairs & no view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank jogall30
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night w 2 kids, room was upstairs near pool., awful! Old, dirty, windows blurred w dirt film, filthy carpets and bedding, lampshade missing from a lamp,a view of the alley of bar w trash cans! Beach a close walk away and nice salt water pool tho. Rooms too dirty to stay again. Hopefully some remodeling is in the works because beaches are amazing w gorgeous white sand and restaurants/bars are a lot of fun.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank 2790Shannon
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I arrived with my family on Friday, August 9th to the 'resort'. I would first like to start with the positives... The desk clerks were friendly and very helpful. They answered any questions that I had and were very attentive. Also, the 'resort' is close to everything; shops, restaurants and steps away from the beach. Now - onto the negatives. My room actually was not so good - Upon opening the door, I was greeted with an overwhelming stench of marajuana in my room. My telephone did not work and the sheets did not appear to have been changed ( strange hairs left in the bed). Near the beach I understand that there is sand in the rooms but my socks were so black by the end of the two days that I threw them away. My family members in the room next door were not so lucky. Their room was not tidy, with half used products in the bathroom. The tub was falling apart and the air conditioner worked when it wanted to. The best part was the drunk man that attempted to enter their room in the middle of the night looking for his friends.
Now onto the pool area...
I don't know where to start, only avoid it at all costs...
Once again, you can't beat the location. But I would rather use the free taxi service and stay a little farther than to return here again.
So sad - for the location it should be torn down and started again.

Room Tip: Choose another resort.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club

Been to Siesta Beach Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!