We stayed in the Antigua cottage, it was a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage with 2 parking spaces + guest parking outside it. A few steps away from the pool, and a few more steps along to the fishing dock and Heron Lagoon. The fishing was great, and we lost count watching them jump right out of the water!!
We took the canoes out onto the lagoon, they came free with our cottage rental.
Turtle Beach was the closest public beach (about 0.3 miles) and that was great for sunsets and collecting shells. The sister resort of the waterside was called the beachside. That was about 1 mile away where they let you use the pool, park for free and walk down onto the beach.
If you don't mind a little drive to the beach then the waterside will work, but if you must be right on the beach then choose to stay at the beachside. They had more units at the beachside as well, it was bigger, but in my opinion bigger isn't always better.
The waterside was perfect for me. Quaint, clean, cute, friendly, affordable and I will definitely be back. Great value too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flip Flop Cottages(formerly Banana Club Waterside) offers a great location on Siesta Key. A lagoon setting with private fishing dock and free use of paddleboards, canoes , kayaks and a paddle boat! All units have full kitchens, non smoking. Studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom cottages available. We are also pet-friendly and offer free Wi-Fi service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Flip Flop Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bay Club Cottages At Heron Lagoon Hotel Siesta Key
- Banana Bay Hotel
- Banana Bay Resort
- Flip Flop Cottages Siesta Key, Florida