We were a party of 4 and we stayed at the Banana Bay club - waterside for a week in the Bay Breeze house.
It was the most relaxing week spent by the poolside we've had in a really long time. Really great. From the moment we arrived the staff were incredibly friendly and made us feel really welcome.
The accomodation was really spacious and clean and right on the Heron Lagoon as well as just a stones throw from Siesta Key where we enjoyed a few too many of the bars [ loved the Daquiri Deck!]. As well as going out we also had some lazy nights on our almost private deck drinking sundowners, I also caught my first ever fish just as the sun was setting, apparently the fish come out to feed then!
Although we didn't go kayaking the kayaks were made available to us as well as all the rest of the facilities at the sister resort - Banana Bay 'Beachside' we were able to park the car there and walk to the beach, my friend told me it has been voted one of the best beaches in the world.
I would definately go back and would recommend it to anyone looking for a holiday destination with a relaxed beachy feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flip Flop Cottages(formerly Banana Club Waterside) offers a great location on Siesta Key. A lagoon setting with private fishing dock and free use of paddleboards, canoes , kayaks and a paddle boat! All units have full kitchens, non smoking. Studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom cottages available. We are also pet-friendly and offer free Wi-Fi service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Flip Flop Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bay Club Cottages At Heron Lagoon Hotel Siesta Key
- Banana Bay Hotel
- Banana Bay Resort
- Flip Flop Cottages Siesta Key, Florida