“Courteous & Good Breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Silver Springs
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Courteous & Good Breakfast”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We stay at Holiday Inns so often they all seem to run together in my mind. This one is a stand-out! It is rare to find such thoughtful and genuinely friendly staff. The front desk, the breakfast room staff, even the maids in the hallway. It was also a pleasure to have a real breakfast included with the room cost. You won't find a cleaner place to stay either.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
OCFBR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this review, 15 October 2011
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Silver Springs-Ocala and taking time to write and post a review on TripAdvisor. The team at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Silver Springs-Ocala wants to give each one of our guests the best possible service. The next time you are in town don't forget to visit some of our wonderful areas. There is The Marion Theatre in downtown Ocala. The interior of this theatre has been restored to a nostalgic 1940’s style and feel. The Ocala Symphony Orchestra, established in 1975, is a fully-professional orchestra composed of outstanding musicians from the community and the finest music schools throughout the region. The non-profit organization is dedicated to serving Central Florida with the highest quality in musical experiences. Since 1950, Ocala has had its own community theatre which is the second largest in the state. The Ocala Civic Theatre offers live, professional-quality musical and dramatic productions. The crowning jewel in Marion County's multi-faceted cultural scene is The Appleton Museum of Art, jointly owned by the Florida State University Foundation, and the Central Florida Community College Foundation. Located on East Silver Springs Boulevard and housed in an elegant neo-classical-style building, the museum is a regional landmark and one of the southeast's finest cultural assets. We hope the next time you are in the area, you will stay with us and visit one of these wonderful places.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Highly recommend Holiday Inn in Silve Springs, FL. I was traveling late one night with my young son stopped at midnight. I lucked out finding this gem! IT's reasonably priced with a courteous staff - they bailed me out and breakfast the next mornign was a real breakfast!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Silver Springs-Ocala and taking time to write and post a review on TripAdvisor. Each one of our guests starts their day with a complimentary hot buffet breakfast with a large assortment of items. There is something for everyone. Our guests love making their own buttermilk pancakes. While most hotels do waffles, the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Silver Springs-Ocala allows our guests to make their own buttermilk pancakes. After eating a great breakfast, our guests can either proceed to downtown Ocala's business district or proceed to the Ocala National Forest. Holiday Inn Express and Suites Silver Springs-Ocala is centrally located in Marion County. Within the Ocala National Forest (the largest forest east of the Mississippi), there are numerous fresh water springs such as Silver Glen Springs, Silver Springs, Alexander Springs, Salt Springs and Juniper Springs. There is also bird watching, hiking and fishing venues. We also have deals with horse farms in regards to horse back riding. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites is approximately 45 minutes from the famous St. Johns River. We hope to see you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I loved my stay in the Holiday inn express they made me feel like a superstar they had everything I needed I know it is a smoke free hotel but the front desk guy Pete Put me in a room by the door so i can go in and out and smoke as much as i wanted real good gentleman real respectful and found me a place to eat in peace and saved me money the pool was nice and the breakfast was so good I will be coming back next month to stay for a week and im going to bring my family this place feels safe and clean just like home thank you guys

Room Tip: If your a smoker choose room 131 right by the room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
OCFBR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank-you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs and taking time to write and post a review on TripAdvisor. As you point out, our dedicated and hospitable team strives hard to ensure that the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs is the BEST HOTEL IN THE OCALA-SILVER SPRINGS AREA. Our team realizes for us to be the best, we need to make sure that we provide outstanding service to each one of our special guests. Everything revolves around our guests. Our dedicated housekeeping and maintenance team do a great job making sure that our hotel constantly stays fresh and clean. All our tastefully decorated rooms have a small fridge and microwave and a 32 inch flat LCD TV with an extensive cable line up. There is complimentary wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Our guest service agents are very knowledgeable about the area. Appleton Museum, Pioneer Gardens and the Ocala Civic Theatre are approximately one mile West of the hotel. The hotel is minutes east of Downtown Ocala's business district, night life and the Marion Theatre We cannot wait to see you come back.
Ocala
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This hotel has real nice and clean rooms..Thanks to Tamela the house keeper.Im sure the rest of the house keepers do an exalent job because the whole place is clean.And a wonderful breakfast..Dont think I have seen such a good breakfast at any other hotel..And the staff at the front desk are all ways nice as can be..I would recamend this hotel to anyone..They wouldnt be disapointed..Thank you..Manford S Fry.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want they will help you.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Thank-you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs and taking time to write and post a review on TripAdvisor. Anita and Michelle, our smiling breakfast hostesses, put out a fresh cooked hot breakfast buffet every morning for our guests. After a good night's sleep, we want to make sure that each one of our special guests starts their day off on the right foot. We love taking care of our guests. Every guest request is important to us. We want to make each of our guests happy. We guarantee there will be no charge for your first night room stay if we fail to satisfy you for any reason. Also, The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs is centrally located in Ocala. The hotel is is minutes East of Downtown Ocala and located at the entrance of the Ocala National Forest-the largest forest east of the Mississippi River. The Ocala National Forest is world renowned for its famous fresh water bubbling springs and 600 plus fresh water lakes. Lake George and Lake Kerr are filled with large bass. As you say in your "Room Tip," section: "Just ask for what you want they will help you." See you your next trip to the Ocala-Silver Springs area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Three days per week I commute to Ocala for business and bid for accommodations on priceline.com in both Ocala & Silver Springs. This is the only place I will recommend in Silver Springs. The rooms are super clean & they offer excellent service from a friendly staff.

I don't need frills . . . all I want is clean & quiet; however, this place does have some nice features. Up to date furnishing, 2 firm & 2 soft pillows, flat screen TV, Wi-Fi, mini fridge & microwave.

Although their breakfast offered a decent variety it was just ok. The regular coffee was weaker than most I’ve ever had (no bold offerings, which might have tasted like regular coffee), the instant “pancake” maker delivered flat & chewy discs (waffles would be better because pancake batter needs clumps to be light & fluffy), muffins grainy & scrambled eggs simply inedible (please change brands). Sure, all continental eggs are from powder, but these really tasted like it. Country Inn Suites in Ocala has the best instant eggs, which fool me well with salt & pepper. But, I digress. What I did enjoy were the potatoes, bananas and cold cereal. Also, I did not try the breakfast meats, peeled hard boiled eggs, or bagels.

This Holiday Inn still earns a full 5 stars. Tweak the breakfast & I’d pay top $$. Keep up the great job!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
OCFBR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thank-you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs and taking time to write and post a review on TripAdvisor. Our dedicated housekeeping team strives very hard to ensure that each one of our special guests receive a super clean room with great service. We want to make each one of our guests happy. As you point out, our tastefully decorated rooms "have some nice features. Up to date furnishing, 2 firm & 2 soft pillows, flat screen TV, [fast] Wi-Fi, mini fridge & microwave. We will definitely take into advisement your thoughtful comments on our breakfast. Being a Holiday Inn Express and Suites, we are bound by our brand's very specific breakfast guidelines. For example, we are not allowed to keep a waffle maker on our breakfast bar. That being said, please get with either Anita or Michelle(our smiling breakfast hostesses) on any items/suggestions you feel will make our breakfast better. At the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs we are about listening to what our guests say and about getting better. Our goal is for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs to be OCALA'S BEST HOTEL. See you on your next trip to Ocala.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We went on labor day weekend to silver springs. The hotel was wonderful!!!! The Breakfast was the best. You don't need go to anywhere to enjoy a very good breakfast. The staff was very professional. We need special room for handicaped and they take care of our request. Karla, in the front desk, is very good and very professional, Next time we planning go to silver springs again, i'll go to Holiday Inn Express Florida. Thank you to all the staff at the Hotel.

Room Tip: Tihis is the best hotel in silver springs.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank-you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs and taking time to write and post a review on TripAdvisor. The team at the Holiday Inn Express and Suties Ocala-Silver Springs strives hard to be OCALA'S BEST HOTEL. Anita and Michelle cook a fresh hot breakast buffet every morning. Our guests love the fresh eggs, meats and assorted hot and cold cereal. Our newest item is our "make your own" buttermilk pancake machine. If for any reason we fail to meet your expectation, there will be no charge for your first night's stay. At the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs we love making each one of our guests happy. See you on your next trip to the Ocala-Silver Springs area.
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This is my first review ever on tripadvisior. There is a reason. I was impressed! I have stayed at numerous hotels during my life some extremely expensive, yet I was never impressed with the staff as I was during this stay. I have never had anyone check on me after check in but they did. I was so impressed by a simple call to ask if everything was good in our rooms or did we need anything. Later when I had a need not related to the lodgeing went beyond normal duties to help. It just made me feel important! Of course the rooms were very nice, we have stayed there before so I knew what to expect with the rooms. Comfortable beds, clean with attention to detail. Accolades to Peter and Samantha! They added a good memory to this trip to Silver Springs.

Room Tip: I have no particular comment on how to choose a good room. I have requested to look at rooms in the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
OCFBR, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Thank-you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs and taking time to write and post a review on TripAdvisor. Our guiding principle at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ocala-Silver Springs is that we will do "WHATEVER IT TAKES" to make sure that each one of our special guests experiences a great stay at our hotel. If for whatever reason we fail, there will be no charge for your one night's stay. We love making our guests happy.

The hot breakfast buffet is complimentary, our Internet is fast and reliable, our outdoor pool is clean and heated and our guest service agents know the Ocala area. See you on your next trip to the Ocala-Silver Springs area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silver Springs
Hilton Ocala
Hilton Ocala
#3 of 34 in Ocala
Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Ocala - Silver Springs? Share your experiences!