Agistri Club Hotel
Hotel Milos(Megalochori)
  • Pool
Seaside Studios(Megalochori)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsthe ownerstunning viewsplace to stayheaven on earthexcellent foodmoon risesaronic gulfhis wifeper dayprivate balconymade us feelnothing is too much troubledinner menuboat trip around the islandhotel terracewarm hospitalityunique experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Most of the other reviews say it all. The Agistri Club Hotel is paradise. Everything was perfect. Bryan helped us with everything we needed by telling us where to visit and eat and shop. I loved their beautiful, friendly animals. Dining was so convenient and so, so heavenly under the stars, overlooking the ocean.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the top floor near the dogs and cats. The ocean view was peaceful and beautiful. The room was airy and comfortable with a large couch and a fantastic balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Agistri Club is lovely although it's a long walk into and out of the town of Scala if you find walking hard like my wife.The accomodation is bright,clean but basic with a good power shower and always hot water. Excellent air conditioning and lovely views from the balcony. The food is excellent,limited choice and served at 9pm. The food is explained by Bryan , the excellent host and Henrietta his wife. If you want a very casual holiday with taverna style rooms you can't beat this place. Bryan organised a boat trip around the island with Robert, which was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were recommended Agistri by many local people whilst we were staying in Athens as the place to go for peace and quiet and gorgeous surroundings. It's not a big tourist spot but many of the locals go there at the weekends to relax. I liken this to Thai people who eat in a UK Thai restaurant, proves place is really good. The Agistri Club was recommended as THE place to stay and from all the reviews we read, we decided to hop on the hydrofoil at Piraeus and head over and we weren't disappointed. We were met by Brian (or Bryan) and taken to the hotel. Upon arrival we say down in the bar for a nice cold beer. The hotel is in such a gorgeous position, we immediately felt really relaxed. The room was a typical Greek affair, cosy with air conditioning and was clearly recently decorated and looked lovely. It had a private bathroom (shower) and the only issue there was there was no shower gel or shampoo offered so we had to buy some from a local shop. The room had a balcony which looked out over the sea and was a lovely place to sit out in the early evening and read. There was also a fridge in the room which was very useful. The tranquillity at the hotel is hard to put into words without experiencing it so try it for yourself. The food at the restaurant for dinner was really very good. There was a small menu but it catered for everyone I think and as we all know you can have too much choice...less is more in many cases. Breakfast in the mornings was in the restaurant and there was pretty much everything anyone would want offered, some things are extra though.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel on this island if you are looking to get away from it all and just relax and the fact that there are no TV's in the room is a bonus. If you want to catch up with friends via social media or email, WIFI is available free but is only really accessible in the restaurant / bar area which was absolutely fine for us.

Take a look at the Island and the hotel pictures and this is what you will get, so you won't be disappointed.

We will certainly be looking to go back there in the future and the sooner the better!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms overlooking the sea from the balcony are lovely
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndyLauraW
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We just returned sadly from our first 5 day stay full of happy memories. Bryan and Henriette were great hosts, fun, friendly and helpful. The food is very good: fresh, full of flavour and served on a terrace with a beautiful view over the sea. The rooms are pleasant, good AC and nice balconies with sea views too. It all helps to create a relaxed, laid back atmosphere (there's internet but no TV's) in lovely surroundings where you want to take your time. Our children are early twenties and they loved it- and when they wanted to go out independently there were plenty of bars that cater for them a short distance away. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicmic500
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was my first time at the Agistri Club, but certainly not my last!

I was travelling by myself for most of the time, and Bryan and his family and staff made me feel very welcome. They went out of their way to help me and introduce me to other people without being intrusive, and I was really grateful as I made lovely new friends though them (as did my 9 year old daughter when she joined me!)

The hotel is exactly what I like: small, remote (almost at the end of the village, surrounded by forest and sea) yet easily accessible on foot, characterful and in an amazing location. The terrace where breakfast and dinners are served could not be more beautiful. My room was small and simple but clean and has a lovely balcony overlooking the sea - a huge bonus, I would not have liked a room overlooking the parking! There is a small fridge which is handy for water and snacks.

I had 3 dinners at the hotel which were overall of very good quality, and the service was professional and very friendly. To make it excellent, the food would have to be made exclusively of fresh ingredients (which it wasn't), and the fish "fillet" should have been boneless (which it wasn't) - but the taste was good and the local retsina 100 times better than the export stuff! I also liked the continental breakfast and especially Henriette's home-made jams and marmelades. I would not expect a "Full English" on a Greek island, so to pay extra for cooked food sounded reasonable enough. The only thing I missed from the menu was fresh fruit.

There is a little library stacked by guests, and Bryan is very helpful in giving advise on boat schedules, activities etc. He picked me up and dropped me off at the harbour, which was great.

Apart from the small food issues mentioned above, the only improvements I could suggest are provision of shampoo / shower gel (doesn't cost much and is helpful for guests who are unprepared) and advance notice that you have to pay in cash. There was no wifi in the room, but it worked on the terrace and that was sufficient for me.

Compared to other accommodation on Agistri, the Club is on the expensive side, but I thought it was worthwhile.

Overall a wonderful place, I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Insist on sea view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo