“Yum Yum”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Cuban
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 23 April 2012

They have great soups and sandwiches. My favorite is the Turkey Francais sandwich. The place is small, but they have tables outside. The staff has always been super nice, and the service is quick. I love to eat there!

There are newer reviews for 1909 Cafe

Reviewed 15 January 2011

This is basically a sandwich shop, which is just what my partner and I wanted. We found the place on Trip Advisor and the ratings were good. But we were really dissappointed with the food more than anything. I ordered the Pesto Chicken Sandwich and he ordered the Medeterranean Turkey (which he liked ok, although it had globs of alfalfa sprouts on top---so much so that you couldn't even see the sandwich. My Pesto Chicken Sandwich on the other hand was as if someone had found it in a garbage can and slopped some chicken on it with some old pesto sauce from a jar and REALLY unripe tomatoes. I mean, almost green. Really? It's a sandwich shop. Give me a break. At least they should be using really red, ripe, roma tomatoes and not almost-green ones that they have had in a refridgerator overnight that have ice crystals on them. We concluded that we could have gone to Publix Supermarket and made out own sandwich for a lot less money (by the way, these two sandwiches and a diet coke were almost $19). Also, they offer these really crappy side dishes that come with the sandwiches. They come in a little tiny plastic container the size of those you find at chipootle for their sauces. But we didn't mind the small containers and small quantity in this case because the side dishes were awful. I chose the potato salad and my partner got the pasta salad. Again, just bad flavor and most of all, NOT fresh. We took one bite of each and threw them both in the garbage. The service wasn't horrible, but the girls working there were too busy BSing around with each other to really make us feel welcome. No suggestions were made on food. No smiles, nothing. Just "next customer" was our greeting and it was obvious they just wanted to take our order and move on to the next guest. They didn't make us feel welcome. The ambiance: this place is in a run-down strip mall and at first we sat at their tables outside in the parking lot, but it was too cold so we moved inside. If the food and service had been great, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But on top of the horrible food and lousy service, it really topped off an overall BAD experience.

Reviewed 15 March 2010

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2007

turkey with brie on french bread with a yummy apricot mayo - really good!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook