We have stayed at this hotel several times before - most recently about 2 years ago - we have relatives in the area. While much has stayed the same (good!) not everything has lived up to our expectations during this visit.
The rooms are value priced and good for frugal travelers. It is generally a well-maintained property and has withstood the test of time, but there are signs that it is showing wear and some areas of upkeep need to be addressed. These are SMALL things that make the difference between a great visit and a good visit. Attention to details is everything.
1st - the staff is VERY friendly and accommodating. Coffee/tea/cookies are available in the lobby most of the day and they will make fresh coffee if they run out - nice touch! The complimentary breakfast is good, providing a nice choice and selection. There is a small exercise room and you can use the computer located in the lobby if need be.
2nd - the hotel is mostly clean (on the surface) but if you start digging, you will find that there are areas that need addressing. Specifically - the carpeting in our room was very dirty in places. Dribbles of soda and coffee/tea. The exhaust vent in the bathroom had lots of dust and cobwebs on it... the top ledge of the TV was dusty... etc. I am a stickler for DETAILS and notice small things like this. Maybe it is a training issue with the housekeeping staff to report items like this to the manager or maybe they haven't been trained properly to even to look for these types of issues. Nonetheless, I didn't notice these when we were here 2 years ago.
3rd - the pool area is woefully inadequate to accommodate the number of guests that may want to use it. ** FOUR lounge chairs and TWO tables with 4 chairs each is pathetic.** This hotel has 60+ rooms. That is one sure way to make your guests UNHAPPY!
I really want to give this hotel 5 STARS, but in reality it is more like 3.5. We will visit again, but may check out the Holiday Inn Express or even the Hampton Inn that is nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New hotel offering Free continental breakfast, free local and long distance calls and free internet. All rooms have coffee makers, irons and boards and hairdryers. All doubles and suites offer microwaves and refrigerators. The hotel features an outdoor pool, fitness center, meeting room and guest laundry. It is conveniently located to Weeki Wachee Springs State Park and Buccaneer Bay Water Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites-Spring Hill
- Microtel Inn & Suites-Spring Hill Hotel Spring Hill
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Spring Hill/Weeki Wachee Florida