“Can't get enough of this place”
Review of Paddling Adventures - CLOSED

Paddling Adventures
Reviewed 10 December 2013

For $35, you can spend as many as 9 hours taking the 5.5 mile trip down river. If you don't stop at all, it only takes about 2.5 hours. But do stop. Take a cooler and have a picnic. We stop several times and just sit and watch the wildlife and enjoy the sounds of nature. The staff here is outstanding! They are friendly, accommodating, helpful, kind, generous and conscientious. They go out of their way to make sure you have the best possible experience, and you do! We've taken the trip down the river many times over many years. It has improved tremendously under the new management! Today there was practically nobody else on the river. Peaceful is an understatement! Relaxing, beautiful crystal clear water. Sadly no manatees today which is very unusual for this time of year, but it was low, and I mean LOW tide, so that may explain it. We did see an alligator, many turtles (the largest cooter we've ever seen), white heron, white ibis, egrets, several species of fish, grey cat bird and several other songbirds. I can't recommend this place highly enough - you MUST go if you have the chance. My advice, go on a weekday as the river tends to get a tad crowded on weekends, especially in summer, but don't pass up any opportunity that comes along. Trust me, you won't regret it. Oh, and wear a bathing suit, because you WILL want to swim (or jump out of a tree or two). LOVE IT!!!!!

2  Thank dblavers

Reviewed 17 November 2013

FANTASTIC!! I can't say enough about how great it was! First time kayaking my friend and I chose the Weeki Wachee area for it's clear water. Paddling Adventures is located off Commerical Way in Weeki Wachee State Park. Look for the canoe sign in the back corner of the parking lot! Can't miss it. Drive through the gates and park and enjoy! Wear clothing that you don't mind getting wet and water shoes. Pack a change of clothes to leave in the car just in case! My boat held some water the entire time but my friends did not. I was soaked bottom down and she stayed dry. Bring only the necessities with you on the kayak as they may get wet! Leave the rest at home or in the car. I brought my car key and a waterproof camera (which I kept tucked into the top of my PFD for fast easy access to take pictures). This was our very first time kayaking and we were not sure what to expect but the staff at Paddling Adventures were very nice and helpful. River is slow moving and it was great for learning and enjoying the sights at the same time. The river is shallow and clear so no need to worry. We did see about 7 manatees on our trip. I've been in Florida 4 years and have always said I wanted to Kayak but put it off, I can't believe how amazing it was, by far one of the coolest things I've done! I can't wait to get back on the river and do it again! I will definitely be using Paddling Adventures for our next trip! A single person kayak is about $30.00, this includes shuttle back to parking lot. Trip is 5.5 miles and takes about 3-4 hours although we were having such a great time it came to an end way too quickly!

3  Thank lspencer09
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Crew At Paddling Adventures was Amazing. The River Is Awesome A Must See. Can't Wait To Go Again Soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have put off doing this trip for 8 years, what a mistake! it was brilliant, $35 per boat for 2 people a 4hour pleasurable journey down a shallow river fed by weeki wachee springs, hardly any heavy use of the oars, due to the current fromt he springs. Absolutely clear water, we saw 8 Manatees, we were told that was a good day, but most people I know who have done the trip see at least a couple (maybe it was the time if year?) It is about a five and a half mile journey of mostly water through trees, some buildings as you get into the second part of the journey, but do not miss it, a very cheap day out.
tips.. do not take valuables on the boats (we leaned the hard way) they have lockers for you to use, free of charge.
lkast rental is at 2 p.m. so do not be late. at the end of the trip there is a vehicle waiting to load you and the kayak on and take you back to your start point,(the car park of Weeki Wachee state park(far corner you will see a sign)

1  Thank bbflyer
Reviewed 9 September 2013

After leaving our children and grandchildren in orlando at the parks, we went off t explore the more unknown florida. Using the internet and tripadvisor we found this company. We had a great day on the water. Staff were professional, friendly and helpful. The water was crystal clear. The scenery was interesting. Luckily we didn't here any banjos lol.
the 5.5 mile trip on our double sit in top kayak took about 3 hours with a couple of stops for swimming. It was a saturday so the river was quite busy. But by accelerating or decelerating you could make the river your own. During the last mile or so a manatee and her baby came alongside us, and we were lucky enough to float along by ourselves with the manatees for the whole mile. A special experience to see such animals in the wild.
one tip for tripadvisor, the reviews for this company should be for things to do in Weeki Wachi rather than spring hill ?
good idea to take your own drinks and food.

2  Thank fireblade1