“Excellent value, great location to Timber Pines”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Spring Hill
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for three nights when visiting my husband's grandparents at Timber Pines- the location itself is pretty random and I'm not sure why anyone would stay here unless they had family living in the area. I had pretty low expectations at $80/night, but was very pleasantly surprised at all the freebies the hotel provided, including Wi-Fi, breakfast, parking, etc. Our bedroom was large, had a huge king-sized bed, refrigerator and microwave, desk, etc. The bathroom was a good size but they were a little skimpy on the soaps (water pressure was pretty awful too). The Continental breakfast was more than adequate and included pancakes (we LOVED the automatic pancake machine!), bagels/muffins, cinnamon rolls, yoghurt, fruit, oatmeal, scrambled eggs (which were obviously made from instant mix), etc. We really appreciated that the hotel would provide such variety - two thumbs up here.

My only negative observation was the types of people that were staying at the hotel - let's just say I'd never stay at this hotel alone. Not that anything bad ever happened, but the clientele here was definitely more "rough on the edges." (The guy who tried to check in before us was paying in cash and didn't have enough to cover his hotel deposit, so he had to leave - you get my drift.)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caramels03

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights last week and it was wonderful. The room was lovely. The breakfast had a great variety and quality was good., Dawn at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. It was close to Weeki Wachee. A great value. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I am back in the Spring Hill area.

Room Tip: We had a suite. It had a whirlpool tub which we didn't use. Our friends had the basic room a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pepperr L
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I've stayed at most of the hotels on this strip for work and stayed here because it had the lowest price at the time. The room was necessarily dirty but it wasn't exactly clean either. The breakfast served was pretty sparse and the food was fairly tasteless. Also the bed pillows were tiny, the smallest I've come accross that weren't throw pillows. I doubt I'd stay here again as there are better alternatives just down the road.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel away from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear C K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I'm smart enough to know that a Holiday Inn Express is not the Ritz-Carlton and not to judge it by that standard, but apparently not smart enough to make a reservation online. Fortunately, Diane at the desk and manager Mr. Jay were kind enough to fix the problem I created, and they even threw in a discount for my trouble.

As for the hotel itself, it was clean, safe, and quiet. The free breakfast included actual meat, not the stuff (?) you get at that other chain. I don't know anything they could have improved upon, particularly at this price.

Room Tip: Even my room near the lobby was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank GeorgeLazyBee
Reviewed 22 February 2014

First time staying in this area and chose this hotel because of bed/suite room offer. Upon checking in, the front desk staff, Dawn, was great to work with! Later in the day when we asked she even suggested off the beaten path places to go and a great restaurant for dinner where the "locals" go!

The room was nicely appointed, clean and everything we had expected. Only thing that bothered us personally was the bed was very firm. The free breakfast offering was acceptable.

Overall, would stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kelsosf1
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Got late didn't see many places to stay panicked and chose this place.

Hard bed, hardest pillow so hard had to throw them on the ground.

I'm a big guy I eat almost anything but I've never seen black bananas served and the donuts tasted so bad I had to spit them back into my napkin.

Be sure to check trip advisor and plan ahead!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Bob M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear about your experience during your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. It sounds like we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to the quality of our bedding and breakfast. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed one night but if I were to be in the area longer, would be a good choice. The staff, including management (he generally is around greeting guests), are friendly and wanting to ensure your stay is a pleasant one.
The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. I like the fact the windows open too, sometimes a bit of Florida fresh sunny air is just what you need versus the air conditioner or fan running full board.
They have a wonderful "free" breakfast in the morning with plenty of options to choose from and the area is well maintained to enjoy your breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Weeki Wachee
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Richey

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spring Hill? Share your experiences!