“Stay away from this location”

Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Spring Hill
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Stay away from this location”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We returned to the hotel at 4 p.m. and at this point assumed the pool was locked due to the lightning in the area. A storm moved through and received several inches of rain as it did. The pool umbrellas were never lowered and one was about to blow over the fence so my boyfriend ran out jumped the 3 foot fence and stopped it from becoming a projectile during the storm. Not a safe move on his part but he was more concerned about it breaking one of the windows. When the storm passed he went to the office and was told it was closed for maintenance. I then went down and asked if she could call the maintenance man to find out where the test kit was and I would do it myself. Pam was very pleasant and said that was not possible nor would she even call Austin or Mike. Being a pool owner my whole adult life I know that that much rain will lower the chlorine level significantly. At this point several of us called corporate merely to try and get someone out there to test the water. Once again when you shock a pool the normal protocol is to wait 24 hours till the chlorine is low enough to be safe. Having several inches of rain dilutes that and the water could have been fine. Nobody could be bothered enough to test it so it remained closed for the night. I would also like to add that the phone in the room did not work so I went down to the lobby Sunday morning to let them know that they did not need to clean our room ( since there was no sign to put on the door ). They came in and made one bed, the girls had stuffed animals all over the other and they did not leave clean towels. Our A/C was so loud that it woke us up almost every time it turned on and the tiles in the bathroom have been painted so it was chipping all over. (Any LEAD in that paint?) We also had a outlet that a lamp was plugged into not work. ( Faulty wiring?) Next time I will spend the extra and stay at the Quality INN around the corner that includes a fridge, micro, coffee maker as well as a full breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I'm very sorry you did not have a good experience during your stay with us. Unfortunately, a child defecated in the pool. These accidents do happen and with guidance from the Hernando Health Dept. protocol we're required to shut down the pool. The mishap happened during Memorial Day weekend. Yes, unfortunately the pool had to be closed for the safety of our guests. This occurred during the day, our Maintenance staff tested the water before he left and determined it still was not safe to swim. We notified our guests of the situation and some guests like yourselves became very upset. I can understand your frustrations. But we locked the pool for safety reasons. I was surprised to hear that you climbed the fence and allowed your children to do the same. It was not our intentions to have any guests evicted on a holiday weekend but when guests do not observe hotel policy we must act accordingly. Some of the guests had been drinking all day and were furious about the situation. We hope that guests understand by reading my reply that we're a great place to visit!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Value, location and other reviews had me thinking this was a steal of a deal... not so much. We did have a wonderful trip and the kids were in heaven with the entire experience of the springs and mermaids. The room however, I will just start from the beginning. We pulled in around 10:30 pm to find the cigarette late night welcome crew in the parking lot looking right into the car as we looked for a spot. We got to our room and smelled of an ash tray with febreeze and toilet bowl freshener (the blue ones that hang out under the lid). Beds were clean and comfy. The toilet paper holder, light switches, bathroom door and molding had red stuff and finger prints smeared everywhere. I just keep telling myself it was makeup ... I bought clorox wipes and target and cleaned myself. There was no trash receptacle in the room. They provided towels only. I purchased 2 nights online bc it was so dang cheap so I asked the front desk if there was a less smelly room but they were booked so he gave us more febreeze. Thank you kind sir.... the carpets need to go! The tile in the rest room was almost as scary! I will gladly pay more next time to not stay in a place like this :(

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Angela H
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy during your stay. You're right, you get what you pay for. We offer clean, comfortable, and affordable rooms. Had you let us know during your stay that you were not happy with the room during the stay we could have tried to rectify. We inspect our rooms daily. If we missed something we hope a guest will let us know so that any issue can be resolved. As you may have noticed signs state no smoking. We do our best to request smokers move away from and not smoke in our guest rooms. Although the carpets were professionally cleaned recently, we're in the process of renovating our hotel and one thing that is being replaced are the carpets. After our renovations I hope you will give us the opportunity to accommodate your stay better when in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Spring Hill hotels

Carolina, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Convinient. Comfortable. Great value. I was lookin for a place to stay in Spring Hill and checked a couple of other hotels but pricewise this one the best! I will stay again.
I will highly recomend to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We offer the "best rate in town" . Anytime you visit we'll offer you an affordable stay. Come visit us again next year to see all the changes we have in store.

Thank you.
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

For the price, the room was very comfortable and modern. And the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was central to the Springhill/Brooksville, FL area. It was quiet with no loud partiers!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review. We offer, clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. We're so happy that we could accommodate your needs while visiting the area.

Hope you'll visit us again in the future.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our granddaughter wanted to see the mermaids for her 3rd birthday, so we planned a Weeki Wachee weekend. The Motel 6 is located directly across the street from Weeki Wachee Springs, so we made reservations there. We had never stayed at a Motel 6, and because the rooms were so reasonably priced, we did not have very high expectations. However, our rooms were immaculately clean, and the grounds were well groomed. I always use clorox wipes on the counters and dressers in a motel room, and there was no dust, dirt or grime to be found! The carpet needs replacing, but other than that, we had a great room at a great price. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Marilyn H
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Spring Hill for your accommodations during your recent trip to Weeki Wachee Springs. I'm happy to hear we did not disappoint you. Motel 6 offers clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. I did want to mention we're going to be renovating this year and replacing the carpeting with wood type flooring. I hope you and your family will visit after again and see the new updates.
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Clean, large rooms, AARP discount so my cost was $35/ night. First motel 6 that had a frig and microwave, though older appliance and TV. Cable.

Huge bed. Only toiletry was bar soap.

Modern laundry on premise.

Good place to sleep and go.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank EdwardPo
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Spring Hill for your accommodations recently. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write a review for other travelers. With Motel 6 it is not required to offer amenities in the guest rooms. However, they provide them in the vending machine for purchase. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms for our guests. We're in the process of renovating the guest rooms this year. We hope you'll stay with us again to see the changes. Thank you.
Brooksville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed one night, on entering the room (213) a distinct aroma hit us... It was kind of musty smell so took a trip to Walgreens to pick up a scented candle. Ten minutes burning this and hey presto aroma dispersed. Room and linen were very clean as was bathroom so I guess its origin must have been the carpets. Nice private pool area and ideal for friends to stop in when visiting if no room at the house. .

Room Tip: Pack a scented candle you might need it!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheL0neRanger
Therese W, General Manager at Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry that you had a smell when checking in. The hotel has exterior corridor and right now with the weather changing so much we're either turning on the heat or the air conditioner. Not giving the room a chance to get any fresh air. The air may have been on to low. We do use odor removers but some guests complain they're to strong. But I can assure you all the guest room carpets were professionally cleaned in January. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the beautiful courtyard pool.

Thank you.
Holiday Inn Express Brooksville West
Days Inn Brooksville
Days Inn Brooksville
#3 of 6 in Brooksville

Been to Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee? Share your experiences!