We returned to the hotel at 4 p.m. and at this point assumed the pool was locked due to the lightning in the area. A storm moved through and received several inches of rain as it did. The pool umbrellas were never lowered and one was about to blow over the fence so my boyfriend ran out jumped the 3 foot fence and stopped it from becoming a projectile during the storm. Not a safe move on his part but he was more concerned about it breaking one of the windows. When the storm passed he went to the office and was told it was closed for maintenance. I then went down and asked if she could call the maintenance man to find out where the test kit was and I would do it myself. Pam was very pleasant and said that was not possible nor would she even call Austin or Mike. Being a pool owner my whole adult life I know that that much rain will lower the chlorine level significantly. At this point several of us called corporate merely to try and get someone out there to test the water. Once again when you shock a pool the normal protocol is to wait 24 hours till the chlorine is low enough to be safe. Having several inches of rain dilutes that and the water could have been fine. Nobody could be bothered enough to test it so it remained closed for the night. I would also like to add that the phone in the room did not work so I went down to the lobby Sunday morning to let them know that they did not need to clean our room ( since there was no sign to put on the door ). They came in and made one bed, the girls had stuffed animals all over the other and they did not leave clean towels. Our A/C was so loud that it woke us up almost every time it turned on and the tiles in the bathroom have been painted so it was chipping all over. (Any LEAD in that paint?) We also had a outlet that a lamp was plugged into not work. ( Faulty wiring?) Next time I will spend the extra and stay at the Quality INN around the corner that includes a fridge, micro, coffee maker as well as a full breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly across from Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, home of the famous Mermaids. Enjoy our beautiful courtyard style pool. Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee offers clean, comfortable and affordable rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Weeki Wachee Hotel Spring Hill
- Quality Inn Spring Hill
- Spring Hill Quality Inn
- Motel 6 Spring Hill Weeki Wachee Florida