“Love Dickey's but not this one.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Dickey's - CLOSED

Dickey's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Love Dickey's but not this one.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Terribly disappointing. Out of almost every selection. Dirty and freezing. Was told by the staff that "two previous owners ran the place into the ground and now the franchise has it." The franchise obviously needs to oversee it better. Sad, since I love the Dickey's chain.

• Visited April 2014

Conway, South Carolina, United States
“Lucky I was in the wrong lane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We passed a chain BBQ, but I was in the wrong lane and couldn't turn. Dickey's is in a new location on the south side of town. I had never been there before, but it was bbq, so we took a chance. Sandwiches were prepared in front of us. Beans were good. They were out of fried okra, so the counter person said she would bring them over. Two large bags of the best fried okra I have ever had. For all of those northerners turning up your noses, you have to try it.

• Visited July 2013
Valley Forge, PA
“An unexpected surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

We were looking for a place for lunch in the middle of a 6 hour drive. We had seen a billboard for a BBQ restaurant earlier in the day, so that must have prompted our decision to stop here in a town full of just about every fast food chain you can imagine. It looked very clean and neat on the outside. The menu offers many different meats available as sandwiches or platters. We choose the brisket and the pulled pork. Both were excellent. They serve three types of sauce, their original, a sweet, and a hot and spicy, which was my favorite. Their Mac and cheese side was one note, but I would recommend the barbecued beans and the potato salad, which is made with dill and much better than the standard most restaurants offer. The tab for two platters and two large drinks was $26, a few dollars more per person than most burger joints, but given the amount and quality of food, I say well worth it. They also offer free soft serve ice cream cones as dessert.

• Visited May 2013
Starke, Florida
“Excellent food worth the long wait!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

This place is brand spankin' new in Starke, FL. It is Texas-style BBQ and it is now my favorite place to eat for lunch. There is a drive-thru, however it is closed often because the staff is all new and trying to get the hang of running this place. That also accounts for the long wait. But if you have time, the ribs alone are worth the wait. They are dry rubbed and fall right off the bone. If you eat inside, there is free soft serve ice cream as well. My favorite is the two meat plate with ribs and chicken or two servings of ribs.