“nice to know these still exist”

Best Western Starke
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Starke
Crown Point, Indiana
“nice to know these still exist”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

traveling on business, knowing I wouldn't get there until 2am. I found this location along my travels.
I had some car issues before getting there.
The night clerk was very pleasant. Assisted me by telling me the nearest dealership was.

Several hours later, I'm out, nice breakfast an off to the location she recommended.

Nothing serious and back on the road.

Very friendly and helpful. Nice and refreshing

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
rockyfl1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Starke, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for the positive response. We are finished with the interior renovations, and still working on the exterior to make your stay more pleasurable next time. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Farmersville, Texas
Reviewed 22 January 2014

In Florida on business, someone referred me to this location. What a great find. Terry greeted my arrival after a long flight from the west coast. She presented me with a map of all the local restaurants, the directions to my business meeting and a description of the hotel's services. The breakfasts each morning started my days with a bang. Room were spotless and modern. Micro, coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee, and a cold refrigerator made my personal stay complete and comfortable. This was a much better experience than one I experienced a week earlier in Palm Desert, CA in a larger hotel chain -- where my room wasn't cleaned for two days, so I checked out early.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your return trip. We are the number one choice in Starke for your lodging needs.
Huntersville, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Not fancy, but it was clean, fast, and the receptionist was very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. It was a fine place to spend the evening, get a good night's sleep, continental breakfast, and be on my way the next morning.

Havana, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

When we arrived we discovered that our room was going to be cheaper than we were quoted when making reservations- a pleasant suprise! This is an older motel but it has been expertly reinnovated. The room we stayed in was clean and modern with a nice flat screen TV, new air/heat unit, nice new tub/shower and had a comfortable king sized bed.There was even a full sized ironing board and iron in the room! The exterior does show some age-the walkways are cracked and patched but the landscaping is nice with Canary Island Date Palms, Washington Fan Palms and native Florida Cabbage Palms. If we had come in warmer weather I would have checked out the inviting pool. The breakfast room had been hit hard and one of the guests discovered the waffle maker was broken-but I was still able to enjoy a quick bite before we left. I would not hesitate to return and can gladly recommend this motel to travelers in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room with a king sized bed if you can.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the positive comments. We have recently updated the rooms, and are continuing the update on the exterior. The walkways are being updated with tile for your safety on future stays. We look forward to seeing you.
Auburn, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel was a very pleasant stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very helpful with questions we had about the area. The room was very nice and we enjoyed our stay. We would highly recommend this Best Western.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was my first stay here, and I was very happy with the place, It was very clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. All that I wanted for a 1 night stay on my drive to Florida. And the best part was I was able to park right in front of my door. No lugging my things for miles!! Just be careful for all the speed traps in the area. Lawety, Starke and Waldo on RTE 301 are famous for the speed traps!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Bolivia, NC
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We usually stay at the BW-Starke on our way south. They are pet-friendly, the place is clean, and it is convenient. The staff is very helpful, especially Terri. She's willing to help you anyway she can. They are in the process of updating the rooms. In fact our last stay was in one of these, which was nicely done for an older motel. The breakfast is nothing fancy, but quick when you're on the road.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Starke
Red Carpet Inn Starke
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
#1 of 2 in Baldwin
Travelodge Suites MacClenny

Been to Best Western Starke? Share your experiences!