“A short but great stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Starke
Independence
“A short but great stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I was only able to stay about 6 hours, but it was a great stay. They lady at the front was ready for me even when I arrived at 1:30 in the morning. The room was already nice and cool. It was very clean, the shower was large and fancy granite. The bed and pillows were good. They had a nice free continental breakfast, did not accept corporate lodging, but they did give me a discount because of my employer (Caterpillar). I was very happy with my short stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ProgressFSE
rockyfl1, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Starke, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your business. We are glad you enjoyed our freshly updated rooms. Please come back when you can stay longer and enjoy our pool and relax by our gazebo area. Again, thank you for your positive comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We received excellent directions from staff, both in getting to the motel, and traveling on to our next destination. Also, front desk clerk Terri gave us a Florida map with all Best Westerns marked when she found out that we always try to stay with Best Western. She was outstanding in her friendliness and helpfulness.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank brendat323
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a fine hotel to just stay the night if your passing through. The room was clean & we were comfortable. Check in was quick. AC could have been a bit cooler but, OK. Breakfast was OK to grab a quick bite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn B
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was impressed by the service and the food. Real home town cooking. The food was tasty, the wait staff was very polite and friendly and the manager even came around to make sure all was good with the customers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mo H
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed one night. Was clean, but a bit worn. Desk staff were very nice but was very short staffed in the evening. The one person at the desk also had to troubleshoot for all guest complaints, including internet connection problems and plumbing problems. So we had to wait about 10 minutes to check in. This was definitely not her fault as she was working constantly and was very pleasant, helpful, and professional. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amazed43
Dahlonega
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed 1 night, but would stay again. The staff was very friendly. The bed was just right. You could tell that the rooms were remolded recently. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable The surrounding area is very quite. Would stay again if in that part of Florida.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Spikie77
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Told staff Saturday AM on 4/26 about bug I killed during the night. Staff apologized, said they would call exterminator.Killed two bugs during night 4/27. On my last morning Mon. AM 4/28/14, while eating breakfast in my room, a bug skittered across the desk right in front of me. I hit it with the heel of my hand, only stunning it (legs still stirring), I reached for a ziplock bag to put it in as I was afraid it may be a cockroach. Fearing additional ones hidden in my luggage, I wanted to have this bug identified by Penn State when I got home. I called manager Marie to my room, showed her bugs I had killed on BW towels both night, and one in ziplock and she apologized, and said she would not charge me for my stay. I did not go to office upon leaving, since it wouldn't be charged on my card. Just received my credit card bill, and I was indeed charged full price for these harrowing experiences. Called card company to delete bill and they said that Marie never said she would NOT charge for room, and I had nothing in writing! ALWAYS get your statement when you leave, I did NOT, and will pay dearly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Starke
Americas Best Value Inn- Starke
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
#1 of 2 in Baldwin
Travelodge Suites MacClenny

Been to Best Western Starke? Share your experiences!