“Friendly, laid-back atmosphere!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Steinhatchee
Kingsland, Georgia
“Friendly, laid-back atmosphere!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I picked this place from Trip Advisor, for our first Steinhatchee visit. My husband & I couldn't have been more pleased. Everything was neat-as-a-pin, clean, and the employees were warm and welcoming. I think we'll rent one of their cabins on our next visit, but the kitchenette we had was just fine. I love how everything on the property was within close walking distance. We even received a hand-written thank-you note a week after our stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jones_fromSouthGA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Great Falls, Va
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Good Times Motel and Marina and the Who Dat bar and grill, how can you not stay here? The room was clean, reasonably spacious, inexpensive and very retro fishing camp. The staff was beyond friendly and ready to help with anything. The Who dat had a great happy hour and the restaurant served very good food at a very good price. We loved it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Jim R
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Been meaning to write this for a long time because we had such a great experience but just now getting around to it. Stayed there earlier this year for a night just before my friends and I went on a multi-day coastal kayaking trip. Just as we were preparing to hit the water I realized the screw holding my kayak rudder had wiggled loose and was gone, making my rudder non-functional and making my paddle trip difficult if not impossible. When I asked the motel owner (sorry, can't remember his name) for directions to a hardware store, he did one better--he went to his storage room and gathered a bunch of screws and a screwdriver for me to try. One of the screws fit like a charm! He also loaned me the screwdriver for the trip in case it came loose again. He also let us park our cars at his motel while we were on our trip, and when we returned from the wilderness days later he even invited us to borrow an empty room to shower in before we hit the road! These are just a few examples of the hospitality he and his wife showed us during our brief stay. You would never get that type of treatment at a chain motel for sure. The motel itself is no frills but has a nice deck and view of the Steinhatchee Bay. There was also a bar there but it was closed while we were there I think because it was during the week and offseason, but again the motel owner generously brought us a bucket of ice for our own beer while we relaxed on their back deck near the marina. These are just good people.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Jon B
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We have even to good times twice now for scalloping season. We stay in a cabin and the kids love it. Very clean and cool after a long day scalloping.

New boat docks look great! Ship store and the who dat bar and grill was great. We ate dinner at who dat every night. The night specials were great. They even have breakfast now on the weekends. You have to try the French toast!

Staff was great like always! Can't wait for next year!!

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank Sound8619
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Good Times Marina / Motel (Formerly Gulfstream) on a two day getaway (June 2013). Both of us work stressful jobs and were looking for a relaxing couple of days and this certainly was it! The motel is friendly, laid back and inviting. The owner showed us to our room and gave us a brief history. He's very cheerful and nice. The room we had was small but immaculately clean!! I love that they used tile instead of carpet. There is an attached restaurant/bar that serves an awesome grouper sandwich and it seems to be the place where everyone meets up to share their fishing stories. My husband and I are NOT fishermen but it was so fun hearing them talk about the tournaments etc. The people in town are VERY FRIENDLY and will include you in any and all conversations so you never feel like an outsider. We are already planning our next trip! Don't go expecting a 5 star hotel...but do go and enjoy what Steinhatchee has to offer, and enjoy the clean, friendly environment of the Good Times Marina and Motel.

PS...there were always boat captains nearby for charters. FUN!!

Room Tip: Breakfast in the Who Dat Bar and Grill....$2.75 +/- for the Who Dat Breakfast Sandwich...can't b...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank 601Andrea
Port Orange
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is the second time we stayed and could not have been more pleased!! The staff is beyond wonderful. Rooms were SPOTLESS and beautiful! Such a relaxing atmosphere! We stayed last July (2012) and were taken back by all the renovations they had done in such a short time. It looks like a brand new place!! Cant wait to come back!

Room Tip: May not want to stay close to the bar if you have kids or are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank JenniferJ605
Valdosta Ga
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Wife and I stayed at Goodtimes for two nights. We enjoyed our stay very much. All rooms have been remodeled As well as the Bar and Grill. Staff was excellent and very nice. Many different room choices for small room to cabins. We did not bring our boat but I will say the Marina was very well kept. We will come agian

Room Tip: Be sure you ask where your room is located as some rooms are right beside the Bar and Grill
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank GilmoreGeorgia

Been to Good Times Motel and Marina? Share your experiences!